Women getting Amrit

chamkila

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

er...why would sant attar singh ji go against kirpan dha amrit if thats how Guru Gobind Singh Ji (or the panj piare) gave it???

Its like saying Baba Budda Ji was against charn dha amrit..... :@ and we don't even know much about charn dha amrit, let alone absolutely NOTHING about kirpan dha amrit or any amrit for ladies, it just doesnt seem to exist beyond mata bhaag kaur!!!! :@ @

And I'm FED UP with this lack of evidence!! :@

If theres one thing I have learnt in Sikhi, it is never just assume things, where is equality given? The whole basis of this argument is about amrit, "sikhism teaches equality because amrit is given to both men and women" but.....wheres the women bit?

Please back up assumptions...with credible evidence, at least then I can say to others when they ask me. :@

Look penji,

With all due respect, theres no point saying "Im fed up with...". Im wasting my time here trying to dispell a doubt in your mind becuz i know other people who have questioned the same thing, and none of us here are scholars so you cant expect us to quote some random stuff that you couldnt find in a simple book or website anyway. I dont have access to Pyare Singh Padams Rehatnama book, or any of the original Rehatnama manuscripts - all I have is a few short history books and limited resources on the net.

Women clearly got baptised because they are refferred to as Singhnees in some rehatnamas, and also Sikhnis. Using Bhai Gurdas Varan, where he says "no one is a Sikh until blessed with Amrit" its very simple logic that women MUST have taken amrit.

Considering you have people like bhai chaupa singh saying "its women who need to guide men and show them the way" its not like there is any gender inequality in Sikhi.

If women didnt take amrit, there wouldnt be so many rehatnamas written for them.

Ill give you a challenge, to find me a source that proves that Bhai Mati Das took amrit. I dont think anyone here will be able to.....does that mean he wasnt amritdhari?

Charan Paul is mentioned being given to anyone in the Janamsakhis. There is no reason why women would be discriminated for Khanda di Paul. For such a thing you dont need reams of historical books, you just need common sense!

Khalsa Soulja with all due respect theres no need for you to dispell doubts u may think I have, all I want is the truth. rolleyes.gif

The question of Bhai Mati Das having taken amrit is not a concern of mine, whether he did or didn't, I'm not worried about it, I want to know about the ladies of Guru Ji's times. :@

Also amrit in bani means lots of things, it means gurbani itself, naam simran, and also the amrit that is created inside once enough gurbani has been read. I believe that Bhai Gurdas Ji could be talking about lots of things, especially as in his times it must have been charna dha amrit if the physical taking of amrit was what he was talking about.

Khalsa soulja, if you do not have the knowledge, then please leave it up to those that have as it is to those I direct my questions. B)

Couldn't singhnee also be one who is married to a singh? Or Sikhni as one who believes in Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji, even when the chalee mukti went home after deserting their Guru the wives of these Sikhs could be termed either Sikhni or Singhnee couldnt they?

I don't want to be made to feel silly for asking for evidence where claims have been made, isn't sikhi meant to stand up to q

uestions especially those regarding sacred amrit.

Surely someone on this site has done research about this? Bikramjit? Amritdhari Singhnees? Khande de pahul for ladies, thats the topic.

tongue.gif :