Women

Jaspaul Singh

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

NO, women arent treated equally, there is definitely a double standard...ppl claim to be sikhs but they cant get past the differences...ppl like that dont have my respect at all and i spit in their face...and whenever i hear a ********** woman say that she wants boys over girls, i just wana grab her by the neck and throw her against the wall, if they dont see themselves as equals then how in the hell do they expect others to treat them equally :<Edited>:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest s133k_s1kh

NO, women arent treated equally, there is definitely a double standard...ppl claim to be sikhs but they cant get past the differences...ppl like that dont have my respect at all and i spit in their face...and whenever i hear a ********** woman say that she wants boys over girls, i just wana grab her by the neck and throw her against the wall, if they dont see themselves as equals then how in the hell do they expect others to treat them equally :<Edited>:

GUR FATEH!!

This BIBI is a big time EXTREMIST FIGHTER :wub: . but i guess anger kills most of the brilliant thoughts u can come up with.

Talking bout equality.. it all depends on da indiviuals perspective. KILLIN THE GIRL CHILD BEFORE BIRTH is a really SAD and UNACCEPTABLE PRACTISE ( its has become a practise no.gif ). I have known even very well educated familes going for the ultrascans and then gettin the foetus aborted.

If evrythg goes their way..sooner or later we'll be havin ALL BOYS SIKH SECT rolleyes.gif . Thn we should ask those BIBIan....would thy support GAY MARRIAGES

this is the type i was on about :TH: big up LOL :e:

before posting your reply thing about this. equal does not mean same.
before i post i would like u to elaborate a little on your comment/theory of "equal does not mean same"or equality sad.gif
ok ji, here's what i mean. women and men are different creatures physically. i mean yes i know they are not treated equal but one has to draw the line somehwere. for example, you can't say that since women can give birth and men can't, it's unfair to one (depending on how you look at it, could be considered unfair to men xor women). you get the idea? :wub:

there are a atleast a couple of other things i can mention if needed.

and yes i do find it funny how the old bibia are the ones that complain if they have a girl from their kids :wub:

I personally feel GOD created every being with a unique element in them and taught us to leanr and adopt the best out of everyone. Men and women are not created equally. They are different physically and mentally. MArried couples are supposed to be one soul, in two bodies. Its just like the concept of MIRI-PIRI/ SAINT-SOLDIER, two sides of same coin. Men were endowed with physical strength and women with mental. They should each learn from others qualities. And i personally feel, the institution of marriage was created to fill the gap between the traits of two. Women to me has a bigger role as a teacher. Mother is the first and best teacher anyone can get. Even guruji praises the subserviant nature of a bride towards her groom and ask us to be like one with our soul's groom (GOD).

The question of treating women fairly is sure a big no, owing to punjabi culture. Even though the punjabi culture is poisoned with all these male chauvinist practicises, there is a reason, why certain roles has been attributed to both men and women. A father can never be as good as a mother, for the kids. If the idea of equality is to switch their roles in the social fabric, then it is bound to create trouble.

The western society supposedly has high equality among men and women and for that reason they have fair share of problems. On the other hand, punjabi culture is extreme opposite and try to treat women like dirt. There should be a balanced approach. Men and women can never be equal (as humans and not souls). They are destined to rely on other for their own weaknesses and lead this life blissfully.

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!

some very good points made.

im a bibi myself and sometimes i think we complain too much.

u wanna do degh seva, u wanna wear a banaa, u want to do paath, simran, kirtan, whatever

go ahead!!

ultimately the only person stopping you is yourself.

people can say things, but whether you listen is a whole different story

ok so there are a few exceptions

harmandir sahib but

hopefully with guru sahibs kirpa that will get sorted

so i think bibia nearly have 100% equal rights,

but sometimes we complain too much.

message to all bibia

U WANT TO DO SOMETHING

DO IT!

if someone tries to stop you, then tell them its not up to them.

guru ji told me to do it, go take it up with my father.

bhul chuk maaf karo jee

before posting your reply thing about this. equal does not mean same.
before i post i would like u to elaborate a little on your comment/theory of "equal does not mean same"or equality sad.gif
ok ji, here's what i mean. women and men are different creatures physically. i mean yes i know they are not treated equal but one has to draw the line somehwere. for example, you can't say that since women can give birth and men can't, it's unfair to one (depending on how you look at it, could be considered unfair to men xor women). you get the idea? :D

there are a atleast a couple of other things i can mention if needed.

and yes i do find it funny how the old bibia are the ones that complain if they have a girl from their kids :wub:

Thank you! yea but thats more like a philosphical type of argument. but then again life sometimes can only be explaind that way blush.gif

i agree with Trust1 panji..its up to us how we view our selves. if you knowyour own self (man tou jot saroop hain), your rights ,and ur "limits" these issues would never rise. happns with AKAL'S GRACE!

i see it as this if you respect your self..others will respect you. (u always have few who are gona talk about u anyways no matter what u do)

we dont even treate the poor "MAN" the right way and here we are talking about equal rights?

you still get those odd bibyaa who are like either they wish they hav a boy instead of girl,or mother in laws blame the girls for not givin birth 2 boys..

Not all old bibiaa are that way. i knw many who stood up for their own daugter-in-laws. one such example is a woman who told her son's in-laws to go home if they are gona act like someone died when a baby girl was born because they(the girls parents) cried and were sad cuz baby girl was born again to their daughter. (this happend in early 1980s)!

and how many of you know a father and daughter relationship where a father can't live without his daughter and vise ves? there seem to be more fathers who love their baby girls.

it feels like im sooo off the topic..am i? :wub:

anyhow...there are all different types of peopel out there with different personalities...we just got to ask our selves "what type of a person do i want to be?"(all i can try to do is ardas to waheguru to help me be a good human being...and live my life according to gurmat)

bhul chuk muf karni

Akal Sahai!

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

I think men and women are equally. What traits men dont have women make up for, and what traits women dont have men make up for. So basically we balence each other out.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I agree with like all the posts above. I don't there is equality. For anyone!

Women seem to have the short end of the stick for a lot of stuff, like seva: almost never see women doing degh da bhog, hukamnamas in public, panj pyarai. These things are enshrined in Sikhi that women ARE allowed to do!

But then "Shaheed" is correct as well, there is a double standard against men in a lot of things. So all in all? Life sucks. Kaljug.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

ACTUALLYYY....

i asked my mom MANY times if i could do Degh di seva...she says ok...then when its time for me to actually get up and do it, she says "changa nee lagda. bande haige ne karan lei. tu rehn de." (it dont look good. there are men who can do it. so leave it.)

and for Hukamnaamaa as well...

i was gonna do it once at my friends Sukhmani sahib Paath.

but i was told that i couldnt. no one told me why not. and my mom told me not to ask cuz its "talking back"

as for Panj Piyare...

thats an intirely diff topic that has been discussed over and over...

i personally dont think we girls get treated the same when we should be.

i cant drive alone EVER, though my mom FORCED me to get my license...

she never let me really practice with her...till now

ONE YEAR AFTER GETTIN MY LICENCE...

ONE YEAR :wub:

im turnin 18 in oct....

am i not old enough for driving alone?

my bro is allowed to wear loose clothing, where im not.

and i dont like tight clothing. i dont even like medium. i like lose.

but im a girl and its "not for girls to wear"

but yeah...these are my views.

peace...

GurFateh.

my bro is allowed to wear loose clothing, where im not.

and i dont like tight clothing. i dont even like medium. i like lose.

but im a girl and its "not for girls to wear"

whoaaa, ohmy.gif thats news to me. i thought most parents didnt like it when their girls wore them tight clothes :wub: