British Youth

fatlad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as Khalsa Girl said its' the girls fault for falling in the trap, just because they see someone wearing a kara doesn't make someone a sikh. If they had went to guys with Sikhi Saroop it would not have been a problem, but hoes will always be hoes, you know how they say. rolleyes.gif

I agree with you brother. I feel the same.

I know muslims.and one even went to the Gurdwara with me to see what it was like. Ate Parshad and everything. - We need to be careful, not only of a few select muslims but of hindu monkeys too, who try to bring us into the fold of hinduism

It's true- Sikhs are being tarred with the same brush as Muslims by 'Indigenous' Brits- I live in a mostly "indigenous Brit' area and I have been racially abused many a time by youths and ounger brits...however I am almost always treated with respect by the elders- probably cos they were in the Arny and fought alongside Sikhs as one man put it. But in these troubled times the gov. aint helping- we learn only about Islam and Christianity in School after the 3rd year...half the people at my school think that Sikhism is a muslim sect or something and the other half cant recall learning about it. We need to educate people!

Well, as Khalsa Girl said its' the girls fault for falling in the trap, just because they see someone wearing a kara doesn't make someone a sikh. If they had went to guys with Sikhi Saroop it would not have been a problem, but hoes will always be hoes, you know how they say. rolleyes.gif But to the greater extent S U L L E H shouldn't be doing that anyways, but then again they can rest, that's their job. rolleyes.gif So the bottom line, S U L L E H has no lulla, and girls beware of them. :D

hehe...ya i did say that..

and i'll always stand for that..it IS the girls fault..

though we can see a trend in MUSLIM MALES doin this.

in the end...its the girls fault for being weak..

and the guys fault for havin such an evil intention.

both= wrong

----------------

and for this thread...

Hello all,

I am not a Sikh; in fact I am of no faith at all. The reason for my posting here is I would like to ask the young Sikhs on here there thoughts on modern Britain and the challenge of radical Islam..

I am political

The mainstream would call me right wing; the sun newspaper would call me a racist..

I am neither.

Im sure many Sikhs can understand the resentment being felt by the vast majority of the British people against Mass immigration and the fact that at the moment, Muslims seem to be running wild in our country.

99% of British people I am sure have no problem with hard working and decent immigrants, we are aware of the massive input the Sikhs have had in this country , I for one think that the Sikh community have shown how to live side by side with other cultures in peace and with mutual respect. I know it hasn’t always been the way in this country and your people have suffered racism over the last 30 years.

Through all of this hard time your people have retained your dignity, I for one respect that and your people.

We need to build bridges and trust between us all, to defeat this cancer that is spreading through this country, we need your help.

any thoughts please add

i think most people in the world feel a threat right now.

i mean... "Muslims/Islaam" is what most people dont wanna hear, but are completely drawn to.

it catches peoples attention.

it is completely wrong to say that a certain faith/religion is wrong, even if you agree to the rules etc of that certain belief system.

these days most people think that it makes sense for one to hear abt a person hatin Islaam and Muslims.

but...its still wrong.

the prob that most Sikhs are facin now, is how the media is so stupid (literally, they ARE stupid)

why do i say this?

because of the fact that we Sikhs are being mistaken for Muslims.

in my school (almost all white population) ALMOST ALL think that i am a Muslim

in fact..i think all do unless theyre Sikh

one thing that really makes me soooo mad

is how some MUSLIMS think that i am a MUSLIM

im a girl and i wear a Dastaar.

i have a lot of friends who are Muslim...

and 3 of those friends... (ALL GIRLS)

asked me if i was Muslim when first meeting me.

isnt that just pathetic???

do i wear a Hijaab?? (scarf-like covering worn by Muslim females)

i dont wear a Hijaab.

i wear a DASDTAAR!!!

HOW IS THAT MUSLIM-LIKE???????

and for a MUSLIM to ask me THAT???

like c'mon...

seems like they did it to piss me off

each of them said that they asked me that Q cuz they never saw a girl wearin a Dastar before.

like what on EARTH?????

does that mean that i have to be a MUSLIM???

like where do things end???

It's true- Sikhs are being tarred with the same brush as Muslims by 'Indigenous' Brits- I live in a mostly "indigenous Brit' area and I have been racially abused many a time by youths and ounger brits...however I am almost always treated with respect by the elders- probably cos they were in the Arny and fought alongside Sikhs as one man put it. But in these troubled times the gov. aint helping- we learn only about Islam and Christianity in School after the 3rd year...half the people at my school think that Sikhism is a muslim sect or something and the other half cant recall learning about it. We need to educate people!

BROTHER I SAY THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER (SO DO MANY OTHERS) BUT NOBODY DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

WE HAEV THE MEANS, WE HAVE THE NEED BUT STILL WE DON'T SEE IT AS OUT CONCERN. WHERE IS THE SIKH PATH LEADING TO? - WE NEED TO SHOUT ABOUT SIKHI FROM THE ROOFTOPS AND MAKE THE WHOLE WORLD REALISE THE BEAUTY OF IT AND WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! pray.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

The worldwide media doesnt want the world to know about Sikhi, because it would root out all of the evils that the world governments have set up in their monopolies.

I have alot of people really wanting to know what Sikhi is really about and Im just one person to spread the message. All the people who think Im a muslim look at me stupid although all the people who know Im not muslim want to know what I am then. They know its nothing to harm them but just want to know little tid-bits of information about Sikhi.

I had Galt Polive officers yesterday at the store waving and saying hello to my family and I. There were people wondering why these police people were giving me the respect and dignity a Sikh should get. After they knew that I am no threat, and I am not a terrorist or a muslim.

I had a guy ask me if I was in a play. I am in the play of life with WaheguruJio as the producer and owner. I had a lady ask how long my hair was {she didnt look like she would know about Sikhs but she did} I also have people looking at me dumb while standing in line to purchase my groceries and after the cashier has a lengthy conversation with me they seem to blurt out a question which completely and dramatically changes their opinion about what they "thought" I was or what they "thought" I was about. Then they seem to wave hello everytime after that.

Just wanna point out that we shouldn't demonize a religion just because of the actions of others.

Just as there are many racist white people, doesn't mean we should generalize and hate all white people.

We should learn from the jeevans of our great Guru Sahibs.

When Sikhs were being beheaded, burnt alive, tortured in many ways, the Guru's and the Khalsa didn't go into a rampage filled with contempt and hatred toward Muslims and Hindus. Instead they fought against oppression and injustice, which came from all sides. This is even though most of the Muslims supported the Moghul gov't at the time and the Hindu masses were silent.

We need to rise above this petty hatred. What is happening with growing Islamic fundamentalism is nothing new. its just history repeating itself. You could say the same about Christain missionaries and crusaders imposing the beliefs on others during the last millenium.

On a general note, if Western countries changed their foreign policy then this extremism we see today would be isolated and contained.

But if everyone tomorrow starts hating Muslims and generalising then we are making 1.3 billion people our enemies.

Furthermore, unfortunately its all becoming a self fulfilling prophecy, Muslims are being seen in a negative light and as a result they (as a community) are becoming increasingly segregated and a rising number are sympathising with groups such as al qaeda.

The best thing we could possibly do is concentrate more on putting our own house in order and realise that this sort of stuff is off putting to people who might otherwise add to this forum.