Where Are The Soldiers?

machete

" i heard and read stories of past sikh men, and how they saved the honour of women from any ethnic group. the men were built strong, heroic, courageous, and brave. these days in the universitys, streets etc, i see most sikh men r wimpys, clowns and jokers(cowardly papus). at programmes in the gurdwara they wear banas and big kirpans. but in the streets when its time to protect themselevs or their sisters they just stand there. they are all just talkers and not doers no more. a women doesnt want to marry a women liked man, a women wants to marry a man. sikh men need to sort it out, then they wonder why women date or marry men from other communitys."

The above quote is from a article i found from a newsletter at home, thought id share it, she makes some intresting points, i never looked at the "sell out" (when sikh women marry non sikh) situation in this angle before. i think we need to show people that Akal purakh ki fuaj still exists, like baba Jarnail Singh Ji did. im looking at aposter as i write of baba ji and his Singhs with there weapons. I wouldnt wanna mess with lions like that,

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" i heard and read stories of past sikh men, and how they saved the honour of women from any ethnic group. the men were built strong, heroic, courageous, and brave. these days in the universitys, streets etc, i see most sikh men r wimpys, clowns and jokers(cowardly papus). at programmes in the gurdwara they wear banas and big kirpans. but in the streets when its time to protect themselevs or their sisters they just stand there. they are all just talkers and not doers no more. a women doesnt want to marry a women liked man, a women wants to marry a man. sikh men need to sort it out, then they wonder why women date or marry men from other communitys."

The above quote is from a article i found from a newsletter at home, thought id share it, she makes some intresting points, i never looked at the "sell out" (when sikh women marry non sikh) in this angle before. i think we need to show people that Akal purakh ki fuaj still exists, like baba Jarnail Singh Ji did. im looking at aposter as i write of baba ji and his Singhs with there weapons. I wouldnt wanna mess with lions like that,

Without Bani the Bana means nothing as the battle Guru Ji’s Sikhs fight are as Saint-Soldiers never as Soldiers. Until the Rehat is strong, until the Naam Kamai is intense, until the understanding of Bani is refined, we will never be fearless, we have got no chance of winning any battles.

What these “Sikh” men (which "she" is refering to) need to sort out is their Sikhi, Rehat and Nitnem, then try and stop them going into battle. It’s not even worth comparing any of us to Sant Jarnail Singh or the Babbar Khalsa because we don’t even attempt to live their lives.

Today these “Sikh” men are scared to grow their beards or scared to wear a dastaar. So how do we expect them to have the courage to protect a sister.

Her attitude is pathetic and sad, maybe she should cite instances when people with 'big kirpans and banas' have just stood there whilst others have been attacked.

Secondly only some Sikh girls date ppl from other communities, not most. But we should look at the state of parchar there is in our community as a whole (little).

Furthermore even if her view was right then is that some kind of an excuse to convert or badmouth a community. Do two wrongs somehow make a right.

Verdict: Generalised and dramatised.

dating is manmat - yes " sikh" girls and boys are both messed they do not even no the basic principles of sikhism... i have a cusion who thought mahraja ranjit singh was a guru...

how can u preach people about sikhi when they have no intrest in it ??

i was at college and this girl i walked past i over heard talking to her m8 n said whats the point in having a beard its nastyyy .. some people have already made up their minds on how they want to live... but if someone asks one about sikhi one should always try to answer their queries as best as possible.

we should be like the light house and guide the lost ships to their destination ... if the ships dont want to be guided then let them wonder in darkness till they realise.

bhul chuk maaf

therefore: do not improve ourselves? is that what you're suggesting singh_comradz?

what i think is fine, it ain't the case for everyone, but i think we can all pull a lesson from it... and as Kharkoo Veera said...make our own minds, rehits, and characters as strong as possible....surely we can always work on that, right?

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i understand where japmans is coming from, however, i think it goes both ways...instead of this girl calling out on all the bros, she needs to realize that something is missing from her character/dignity (if she didnt fall prey to this then this applies to whoever has), if oneis a sikh then she wouldnt need other people to be strong for her, it is the girls/guys that havent realized the significance of a sikh that have the real weakness. yeah we should try and improve ourselves, but like i sed before,it goes both ways, guys and girls...now if someones uses this as an excuse to justify going out with ppl of other faiths( or dating at all), then they need to take a look at themselves first, they dont have the right idea about sikhi so how can they even qualify to make judgments about someone elses sikhi? first make yourself stronger, only then can you suggest anything to others..however, blaming others for your faults is not good, especially when you are at fault to an even greater extent...

this is not directed at a particular person, but in general...