Where Are The Soldiers?

machete

" i heard and read stories of past sikh men, and how they saved the honour of women from any ethnic group. the men were built strong, heroic, courageous, and brave. these days in the universitys, streets etc, i see most sikh men r wimpys, clowns and jokers(cowardly papus). at programmes in the gurdwara they wear banas and big kirpans. but in the streets when its time to protect themselevs or their sisters they just stand there. they are all just talkers and not doers no more. a women doesnt want to marry a women liked man, a women wants to marry a man. sikh men need to sort it out, then they wonder why women date or marry men from other communitys."

The above quote is from a article i found from a newsletter at home, thought id share it, she makes some intresting points, i never looked at the "sell out" (when sikh women marry non sikh) in this angle before. i think we need to show people that Akal purakh ki fuaj still exists, like baba Jarnail Singh Ji did. im looking at aposter as i write of baba ji and his Singhs with there weapons. I wouldnt wanna mess with lions like that,

Without Bani the Bana means nothing as the battle Guru Ji’s Sikhs fight are as Saint-Soldiers never as Soldiers. Until the Rehat is strong, until the Naam Kamai is intense, until the understanding of Bani is refined, we will never be fearless, we have got no chance of winning any battles.

What these “Sikh” men (which "she" is refering to) need to sort out is their Sikhi, Rehat and Nitnem, then try and stop them going into battle. It’s not even worth comparing any of us to Sant Jarnail Singh or the Babbar Khalsa because we don’t even attempt to live their lives.

Today these “Sikh” men are scared to grow their beards or scared to wear a dastaar. So how do we expect them to have the courage to protect a sister.

SPOT ON! I cudnt put it better myself, Khalsa doesnt fear anyone, or never frightens anyone.

d_oh.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im looking at a poster as i write of baba ji and his Singhs with there weapons. I wouldnt wanna mess with lions like that,
nobody would wanna mess with you if you carry a gun regardless if you are a lion or not.

the real lions are the ones who have fought hard to win over the 5 evils and have accomplished it by guru's kirpa. and they rarely show their "lion" side. so as people have said before, forget about protecting others when you are being killed by 5 evils on the inside. how can I protect others when I can't even protect myself, am getting killed with every breath again and again, again and again.

bhul chuk maaf

guru rakha.

therefore: do not improve ourselves? is that what you're suggesting singh_comradz?

what i think is fine, it ain't the case for everyone, but i think we can all pull a lesson from it... and as Kharkoo Veera said...make our own minds, rehits, and characters as strong as possible....surely we can always work on that, right?

theres always room for improvement

Guest s133k_s1kh

" i heard and read stories of past sikh men, and how they saved the honour of women from any ethnic group. the men were built strong, heroic, courageous, and brave. these days in the universitys, streets etc, i see most sikh men r wimpys, clowns and jokers(cowardly papus). at programmes in the gurdwara they wear banas and big kirpans. but in the streets when its time to protect themselevs or their sisters they just stand there. they are all just talkers and not doers no more. a women doesnt want to marry a women liked man, a women wants to marry a man. sikh men need to sort it out, then they wonder why women date or marry men from other communitys."

The above quote is from a article i found from a newsletter at home, thought id share it, she makes some intresting points, i never looked at the "sell out" (when sikh women marry non sikh) situation in this angle before. i think we need to show people that Akal purakh ki fuaj still exists, like baba Jarnail Singh Ji did. im looking at aposter as i write of baba ji and his Singhs with there weapons. I wouldnt wanna mess with lions like that,

FATEH!!!

Ask the author of the article to be in a situation where she is about to be RAPED and there is a KHALSA standing by too.

SHE'LL KNOW WHAT SIKHS ARE, WHT SIKHI IS, WHT BRAVERY IS.

Regarding dating and marrying SIKH MEN . Ask her to come up with something sensible.

GURU ANG SANG!!

if shes talking about tru sikhs, she must be one herself, but it doesnt seem that way. so she got no right to talk such non sence.

be a tru sikh urself, then u can talk about other sikhs that are wimps, clown etc. that need to change up. she need to fix herself first.

stupid clown

we need more heroic blade men like who know how to use guns in times to protect, i can bust out my whole clip on the streetz and walk into jail proudly for a good cause, but most of these sikh men these days just all about talk

singhs i know bust 5 shots downtown 4 yrs ago did a year in jail cuz they faced some niggas tryin to start disrespect and came with weapons

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

Everything has two sides to it. Now, with that being said she has some valid points, and at times she does need to "grow up" a little.

When she talks about Sikhs being vulernable and all those things today. Let's face it. Sikhs now a days, probably couldn't run a mile to save their own life, how do you expect them do save others. Sikhs back in the day used to be the bomb, they were physically fit, and always tyar par tyar. Sikhs now looking at the mature ones, have stomachs the size of Russia, and do very little to maintain proper physique. The youngsters are paying way too much attention to studies which is good, but being a well rounded person is very important. Sikhs really need to start being WELL ROUNDED people. We need Sikhs again to be physically fit, strong, broad chested, and PROUD of themselves. We talk the talk wayy to much, but when it comes to walk it, we hesitate, this should not be the case. If we expect to stand for our rights, we need the body to do that, along with bani and bana. So, Sikhs start being well rounded people. pray.gif

Now, the other part I have to agree with what people said, if she is falling prey to the "suspects" than she needs to fix herself up, and be tyar par tyar, rather than blaming others for it.