Color Of Dastaar...does That Matter?

Guest s133k_s1kh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okie if for a second we say KHALSA should wear just the 4 colors mentioned by PSK veerji. What would you say about the BANA of the KHALSA. When you people go to work, skool, Universities DO YOU WEAR CHOLA TO THESE PLACES???? Guru Sahib didn't wear JEANS, HOODIES, TRACKPANTS either.

quite offtopic, but yes, u should wear Khaalsaa BaaNaa everywhere...this topic isnt discussinng that tho

The reason why is becasue the turban is a flag, and we are repping the Khalsa so we must show the colors of the Gurus institution.

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

orange/yellow=wisdom/sacrifice

Where did you get that from? Does it really matter what colour you got on as long as you cover your head?

Pritam Singh some of your views are a bit to strict/weird and with no evidence, tell me in Gurbani where does it say you cant wear any other colour?

Its your own interpretation, a sikh can weat any colour, its a Dastar, FULL STOP. You confuse me outright. grin.gif

A turban is not a FLAG, its a CROWN given by Sri Guru Gobind Siingh ji, so that the khalsa stands out in a crowd!

Im not sure about everyone else but when i took amrit the punj pyare told me to wear orange, white, black, blue as much as possible but other colours are fine too.....except for green/red which is not allowed at all

Guest s133k_s1kh

Im not sure about everyone else but when i took amrit the punj pyare told me to wear orange, white, black, blue as much as possible but other colours are fine too.....except for green/red which is not allowed at all

FATEH!!!

There we go again rolleyes.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Its sux when Panj Pyare tell you red is a color of tankhiya and you see many many people wearing a red turban. (Look in history, they used to make you wear a red turban when you were a religious offender, you were actually punished and had to pay a fine .(if applicable to the crime) Now days there are a bunch of little brats running around, they get older and quit Sikhi, yet go to the Gurdwara every once in a while and wonder why. I just wonder how much beadbi happens when a corrupt panj pyare give out bogus hukams to suit their manmat????

Green turban means you are a muslim that has been on a pilgramage to mecca ,saudi arabia. (Sikhs need not associate as a muslim would look; muslims might be offended that you wear green turban and not go to mecca)(Sikhs go to Amritsar so we should wear Khalsa colors)

We need a brand new defined Rehatnama that will be good for the next hundred years until the next review. The people cannot complain about nothing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ive heard that the colur green represents muslims

and the clour red represents hindus.

and we should not wear those those clour beacuse of that

not sure if its right just what ive heard

ive heard that the colur green represents muslims

and the clour red represents hindus.

and we should not wear those those clour beacuse of that

not sure if its right just what ive heard

You are not sure but still you wrote it.

QUOTE(PRITAM SINGH KHALSA @ Oct 13 2006, 06:55 PM) *

The reason why is becasue the turban is a flag, and we are repping the Khalsa so we must show the colors of the Gurus institution.

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

orange/yellow=wisdom/sacrifice

Why do we have Nishan Sahib then? If Turban is flag then why Khalsa army was holding Nishan Sahib while on the war fields? Thanks .. The only reason one can give for particular color if they believe in astrology that one color may bring you bad/good luck other than that Gurbani clearly mentions that all colors are from God.