Eating Langar

Guest registered

Guest registered

what do you do in a sitiuation where the langar has to be eaten on table and chairs....and there is no place provided to eat on the floor?.....its even worse not to eat langer though?.......what do you do?....pls help me out???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Make sure that it IS langar (some weddings don't have langar, just "lunch" (no bhog). Then its fine to eat whereever. But if it is langar, I guess eat in the corner or something. And then don't go back to that gurdwara again. (Akal Thakt hukamnama)

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest registered

i nkow i shouldnt care of what ppeople think but then sangat would be like im a brahm gianee wanna be or something :D ...?

soo...i should not go back to that gurdwara...?

Lol its funny how people say that you should eat sitting on the floor in a little corner, if langar is served on tables and chairs! lol dont these people know what pangat means???? Pangat means sitting in lines wiv the sangat and thats how the gurus have told us to eat! seperating urself from the sangat and eating on your own in a little corner is manmat and i would not recommend it as it goes against the guru vichar!!!! guru fateh!!

95% gurdwaras in malaysia practise table n chairs.....but they do provide us wit mats....some gurdwara committes wil hide those mats so tat we will sit on the tables n hav langgar......but we r also theetth ppl....we will sit on the floor without any mat

thats not bad as....we have gone to gurdwaras where ppl wear footwears onto the langgar hall n have langgar while the footwears are on.......in these gurdwaras we take our langgar....either we eat while standing....or sit at one corner or go out side langgar hall...find a place , sit n have our langga there