How Much Material Do You Use To Tie Your Turban?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I for some reason am used to buying the same length, so all my turbans are 7 yards with a 1/2 yard keski.

I wanna start tying a dumalla but I wanna get a Siri Chand with the chain mail first. Right now Im having a hard time trying to find one with a chain, but how long of material do I need for a dumalla dastar?

I tried to wear a big turban(15 yards) today for a few hours and I was glad to take it off after feeling like a hippo was sitting on my head.It was soo padded that I could have jumped off the roof and landed on my head and it wouldnt have hurt :D I cant imagine Major Singh who wears the biggest turban in the world. I also cant see how gaj-gah turban Sikhs can be even half comfortable wearing ornaments 3-4 feet in length, and how heavy all the metal they are wearing is.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, you people are pretty average in wearing turbans I guess, its' all good it doesn't matter. A turban is a turban is a turban, and as long as you have KESH, you are the MAN/WOMEN! :TH:

Anyways, my dastaar is 7 metres. I usually get 6 larhs/pallas or wraps, whatever you want to call it. I wear a normal PEAK style turban, because I like that style. :TH: More people responding to this thread would be cool, I would like to know also what people wear and what not. :TH:

By the way, this is MAJOR SINGH. :D

post-6021-1161218812.jpg

What do you mean single and double???

Ive heard of this before. I cant wrap the peak style yet, I think it is the material I use or something. I try and it turns out all retarded looking :D

i Wear Pagg of 7.0 meters double.. i like to wear dumalla too .usualy i wear dumalla like its safe in when u play gatka.. dumalla with Chand Todda Rocks.. but The Patiyala Shahi pagg too look nice ...

Guest Narinder Singh

I switch off between a peaked dastar and dumalla stlyle, i'm still working on the dumalla cuz its hard to get it looking right, for me at least, but its the most comfortable.

When getting dressed up i usually wear a peaked pugh, although i did see some awesome singhs in toronto wearing two piece suits and dumalleh, they looked freakin awesome! :D