To Gel Or Not To Gel That Is The Question?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad man, the condition of the panth is getting real sad and low.

Hardeep singh, you said "dont matter outside, ur mind shud be filled with naam".

Bro, how OBVIOUS is that? You think we didn't know? i believe guru ji said that, so whats ur point? that we were unaware of the point that our insides should be pure and clean and gelling is not an issue?

Even mone ppl who smoke and drink know that, and yet u are here telling other sikhs that ur mind should be filled with naam? Thats where u put a line on showing what you know, and knowing what others know. Are you talking to a 10 yr old kids here who dont know anything? I think we can be a little more mature here, and have an audience with a little knowledge of sikhi rather than assuming we are all illiterate sikhs.

First of all, the topic starter clearly asks (in my own words) If gursikh girls prefer men who have a big/open flowing beard vs. trimmed/tied/gelled.

Rather than educating the person who asked such a question, we are aruging about other things, We should be telling this person that the initial question itself is messed up. If girls loved flowing beards, does that mean we make it flow? If they liked tied/gelled beards, does that mean we gel/tie it? Do girls (gursikh or not) define what is accepted? Once you get a control of your little desire to impress others you will realize lots of things.

The people who are saying its your choice, It's not, everything is defined and told, and the only "choice" you are given, is being a good sikh, or a bad sikh. If you want to follow guru ji then follow him to the highest you can go. If you want to be a bad sikh, then be the baddest you want to be. Don't take amrit if you stil have a problem staring at girls in sangat, Dont put a kirpan on yourself if you still have problem looking at other girls. If you want to be khalsa and pure and a real sikh, then be only that, Don't be a sikh and do bad things, If you dont improve in a certain amount of time you wont improve, if i put a math problem in front of you that u dont know in 1 hour, Do you think it will pop in ur brain after 5 hours and u will remember all formulas and solutions? If you want to be a good sikh then do everything u have to, to be a good one. if not do everything bad never stay in between. you can stay inbetween only for a short time but you have to take one side or another. These people talk about lame issues, but don't laugh and say i know much more this guy asks about beards, i ask about other panthic issues, ask yourself what u know and what u ask, we all have asked <banned word filter activated> questions in the past, but what do we learn from it? I've learned i'm an <banned word filter activated>. Although that's a negative experience, i learned, now i will try to be "smart."

The thing is, lots of sikhs today still have ego within themselves, if you dont want to listen to advice of others, then challenge them, either change your own mind, or change their mind. Because you BOTH cant be right. (only in some situations, rare.) Now, if you just brush it off, and do ur own thing then u wont get anywhere, and thats how we seperate and divide. If some sikh tells u what to do, but u believe its wrong or his/her view is wrong, Challenge them. Say waht u think, hear what they think, come to a conclusion on who is right.

Kinda got off, but back to topic..

If you want to gel it, then why do u have big hair on ur head bro, you should cut it down and gel it it will be easier for u to take a shower. People like the topic starter should be dealt with quick, it is a mere waste of time for me, and for anyone else here to be explaining this kind of bs to someone. Can i gel my dhadi? Can i wear two kadde on one arm?

These are useless childish questions that one asks before learning how to operate a computer. If you guys dont know this by now and you have hair, etc and sad to say, but if you are khalsa already and dont know this, then you need to slow down and figure things out before you move on.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa

Vaheguru ji ke fateh

Sad man, the condition of the panth is getting real sad and low.

Hardeep singh, you said "dont matter outside, ur mind shud be filled with naam".

Bro, how OBVIOUS is that? You think we didn't know? i believe guru ji said that, so whats ur point? that we were unaware of the point that our insides should be pure and clean and gelling is not an issue?

Even mone ppl who smoke and drink know that, and yet u are here telling other sikhs that ur mind should be filled with naam? Thats where u put a line on showing what you know, and knowing what others know. Are you talking to a 10 yr old kids here who dont know anything? I think we can be a little more mature here, and have an audience with a little knowledge of sikhi rather than assuming we are all illiterate sikhs.

First of all, the topic starter clearly asks (in my own words) If gursikh girls prefer men who have a big/open flowing beard vs. trimmed/tied/gelled.

Rather than educating the person who asked such a question, we are aruging about other things, We should be telling this person that the initial question itself is messed up. If girls loved flowing beards, does that mean we make it flow? If they liked tied/gelled beards, does that mean we gel/tie it? Do girls (gursikh or not) define what is accepted? Once you get a control of your little desire to impress others you will realize lots of things.

The people who are saying its your choice, It's not, everything is defined and told, and the only "choice" you are given, is being a good sikh, or a bad sikh. If you want to follow guru ji then follow him to the highest you can go. If you want to be a bad sikh, then be the baddest you want to be. Don't take amrit if you stil have a problem staring at girls in sangat, Dont put a kirpan on yourself if you still have problem looking at other girls. If you want to be khalsa and pure and a real sikh, then be only that, Don't be a sikh and do bad things, If you dont improve in a certain amount of time you wont improve, if i put a math problem in front of you that u dont know in 1 hour, Do you think it will pop in ur brain after 5 hours and u will remember all formulas and solutions? If you want to be a good sikh then do everything u have to, to be a good one. if not do everything bad never stay in between. you can stay inbetween only for a short time but you have to take one side or another. These people talk about lame issues, but don't laugh and say i know much more this guy asks about beards, i ask about other panthic issues, ask yourself what u know and what u ask, we all have asked <banned word filter activated> questions in the past, but what do we learn from it? I've learned i'm an <banned word filter activated>. Although that's a negative experience, i learned, now i will try to be "smart."

The thing is, lots of sikhs today still have ego within themselves, if you dont want to listen to advice of others, then challenge them, either change your own mind, or change their mind. Because you BOTH cant be right. (only in some situations, rare.) Now, if you just brush it off, and do ur own thing then u wont get anywhere, and thats how we seperate and divide. If some sikh tells u what to do, but u believe its wrong or his/her view is wrong, Challenge them. Say waht u think, hear what they think, come to a conclusion on who is right.

Kinda got off, but back to topic..

If you want to gel it, then why do u have big hair on ur head bro, you should cut it down and gel it it will be easier for u to take a shower. People like the topic starter should be dealt with quick, it is a mere waste of time for me, and for anyone else here to be explaining this kind of bs to someone. Can i gel my dhadi? Can i wear two kadde on one arm?

These are useless childish questions that one asks before learning how to operate a computer. If you guys dont know this by now and you have hair, etc and sad to say, but if you are khalsa already and dont know this, then you need to slow down and figure things out before you move on.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa

Vaheguru ji ke fateh

Maybe you have the knowledge but some dont, so I am convey the Guru jis Divine message, isnt this the right way of doing it? grin.gif

do gursikh women prefer their husbands (or boyfriends) to gel their beards or not......i just need female opinion as i have decided to stop trimming and keep a full beard i.e. ive thrown out the razor and my beard trimmer.

The last survey I did 100/100 women, whose opinion I thought was worth anything, thought trimmers looked like morons, so you’ve made the right decision there. As for gelling or not gelling, I prefer gursikh women to prefer no gel. Considering this fact, I’ve decided to abide by the wish of the women and free flowing it is.

You don’t need a female opinion. You need a dose of herbal self-esteem. To get your dose, find out why you maintain the kes and find out what is behind the identity. And consider giving gursikh women more credit.

• 2 weeks later...

contgrats for the thread starter for the decision not trimming

gel, cool but better be natural

if relat to job safety, it is okey. there too gelling is not the only option.

to be a muslim, cut a part of body - sunnat, to be a hindu add something to your appearance - janeu but to be a sikh one have to keep his natural appearance as blessed by the almighty - WAHEGURU JI