I Feel Isolated.

I'm sure there must be some Gursikhs around...I live in the middle of nowhere lol, but do you know where you local gurudwara is? If not like I said there are loads of Gursikhs on Sikh Sangat that are probably from that area, or are willing to chat on like msn or something? lol like Khalsa 123 and me! :D

I am gonna be another person who is gonna say that I do understand where you are comming from as I am in the same situation. But I am a girl which makes parents abit more madder lol

The last thing you should do is feel isolated! It is clear from reading what you have wrote that you have alot of love for Sikhi. You only have love for Sikhi with Gurujis Kirpa and blessing. So he has chosen to walk in your life. So you are very blessed already therefore...should be smiling :T:

Also, everything Guruji makes us go through is for a reason. Most of the time he is giving us a helping hand. Maybe you are going through all these family/people issues now because he is trying to making you stronger and is actually pushing you more towards Sikhi :TH:

Dont ever feel depressed because he is always with you. Just have full faith in your heart and he will always look after you.

I guess what people like me and you have to do now is learn from our parents mistakes and make sure we bring up our kids so that they grow into brilliant Gursikhs.

I am sure there is a Gurdwara near by to you where you can meet like minded sangat. Even if you only go once a week it helps alot. I dont knw where I would be without my sangat.

Yeh I am in the exact same position as you cept I have no Sikhs around me... if you keep the faith and do ardaas I'm sure Waheguru will give you strength to carry on...try and get in touch with some Gursikhs in your area...you won't feel so isolated, trust me...Where in London are you from? There might be some gursikhs on SS that are from the same area....or there might be a gurudwara nearby? Keep the faith!

Yeah same here too.. no one i can relate too, only a few people, and they are too busy to talk too. I have some people on line i know well, however, they are miles away.

Sikhi can be isolated sometimes...

something i found in a article

The mool mantar is dynamic......try relating it to yourself aswell.....

AAD SACH - He loved me before I was born - Yes! Yes! He loved you while

you were in your mother's womb....He came to you, sat with you, tickled you

and made you smile - while you were in your mother's womb!! VAAAHHH!!

JUGAAD SACH - He has loved me ever since - All those times, while you

were sad, when you fell and grazed your knee in the playground, when others

were calling you names, HE held you and told you that He LOVES you!!! All

those times when you were happy, smiley, playful, it was HE who was your

REAL friend and made you feel that way!! Ever since you were born He has

loved you.....all that time and I didn't even know it!! And yet still He carried on

loving!!!

HAI BHI SACH - He loves me now - You better believe it!! Right this

minute...while you read this message...He is whispering 'I love you...I love

you....I love you' to the sound of VaaheGuroo...VaaheGuroo....He loves you!!

Right now!! He's got His arms wide open ready to hug you....do you wanna

be hugged by Guru Jee?? OH YES!!!! VAAHEGUROOOHHHHH!!!

NANAK HOSI BHI SACH - Nanak says He will always love me - Well, could

we ask for anymore guarantee?? Our beloved Guru Nanak has told you that

He is always gonna love you!! WOW!! What a secure feeling!! HE is

ALWAYS gonna love me!!! Guru Jee you are truly an endless ocean of Truth

(love!)...Vaah!!! VAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

pray.gif

Guest s133k_s1kh
im a 22 year old singh in London and i feel isolated and depressed because all the sikhs are abandoning sikism i.e. all men becoming clean shaven and all sikh women not following sikhism and not being interested in turbanned men..........also my dad doesnt wear a turban he cut his hear when he was 17 and drinks and smokes............my mum does know some prayers but acts more like a hindu than a sikh she cooks meat and believes in the caste system.......all of this has led me to question my identity over the last couple of years since i was 19 and now since from six weeks ago up until now i have started to entertain the thought of thinking what i would look like without the turban......which is making me more depressed as i love wearing the turban but also at the same time im just tired of looking different if you know what i mean.........i dont smoke, drink or eat meat anyway not because of sikhism but more because of who i am but..........i just feel like giving up.....whats the point of keeping a turban if im getting no support from my parents or anyone.......im thinking of seeing a counsellor but they are all white and i need to speak to a sikh who is going or gone through the same situtation.........i consider my self a strong willed individual as i have lost 7 stone (100 pounds), had my teeth fixed and have started to keep my beard as of couple of weeks ago not to attract any female attention but to please my guru and become a better sikh............but i feel lonely as opposed to alone as i do have many friends some sikh but they cut their hair, drink, smoke have tattoos etc [the men and women].......i need some advise as i feel like giving up but i dont want to............because of wearing a turban i feel very proud but at the same time i have been traumatised because of it when i was 13 i was attacked in a park two older men in their 20s tried to take my turban off being young and weak i couldnt do anything i went to the teacher afterwards they called my mum she picked me up at school i told her what happened she told me to forget about it and never seak about it ever again...she told my dad but just he just asked if i was alright and went out drinking this left me very traumatised.

ive come to a point in my life where i feel lost and i dont know what to do.

so could you PLEASE advise me on what to do thankyou for reading.

FATEH!!!

Why do i feel their is just one main reason in your mind that is making to think all this. You have written a few things but i feel the main cause of your depression could be " all sikh women not following sikhism and not being interested in turbaned men" and that is the reason you are entertaining the thought " how you would look without the turban."

You are 22 and at this age a normal person ( entangled in the worldly web) entertains all these crappy ideas of interacting with women and do all kinds of stuff (Talking from my own experience and things that i happened around me when i was your age). The right term for all these thoughts is KAMM.

Reason you feel isolated is you dont have like minded people around you.

1. Find Chardikala Sikhs in your area.

2. Read Sikh History. Devote your free time reading jeevanis of Maha Purashs instead of just sitting idle and entertaing thoughts that would lead you no where.

3. Naam Simran and Gurbani d_oh.gif . It does wonders :TH:

4. Be a regular on SikhSangat, you'll find Chardikala Sikhs here. Talk to them on MSN.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

GUR FATEH!!!

U need power (shakti), which u are lacking.

It seems uve teamed up with the evil vices. kam , krodh, lobh, moh and ankar. This is when u will get these evil thoughts in ur mind.

Best way to clean it is, listen to sukhmani sahib. i have provided a link below. (hope u got broadband.).

http://www.sikhnation.com/kirtan/gurbani.html

Sukhmani sahib consists of 24 ashpathi's (chapters). try to listen to 2 - 4 ashpathi's a day. shouldnt take long to listen. By doing so, u will get peace in ur mind and get the confidence and this isolation will fade away.

I agree with wot s133k_s1kh has said :D

Ive personally gone through wot u have, but following sikhi is a fight.

sometimes the 5 vices win the round. then u gotta lift ur self up, do path simran and fight bak. hit.gifslap.gif

Where soldiers rememba v1.gif