Halloween

Tony

Tassles are like, erm. its hard to explain, you ever watched Aladdin? THe rug has those gold things coming fro mthe edge, those are tassles.

Khalsa123

ahhhhhh :TH: buh normally i've heard em called as kalian :D

so ya you are right, he used 52 tassles and made each king hold one and walked out with all of em.

buh like i've seen pic of the chola, n i dont think its possible for 52 pepole to hold at the same time. :@

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tassles are like, erm. its hard to explain, you ever watched Aladdin? THe rug has those gold things coming fro mthe edge, those are tassles.

Khalsa123

ahhhhhh :TH: buh normally i've heard em called as kalian :D

so ya you are right, he used 52 tassles and made each king hold one and walked out with all of em.

buh like i've seen pic of the chola, n i dont think its possible for 52 pepole to hold at the same time. :@

singh ji ..

with dhan guru hargobind saheb jis bachan ..ANYTHING is possible! :TH:

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
Me being from motherland don’t believe in it and cant understand why would you like to dress up like a witch or a monster.

You being from the motherland and your name is "Tony"?????????? So you are so cultural but you have a westernized name????? rolleyes.gif

Most of these festivals I look at like a hindu festival: nobody knows or cares if it is worth celebrating but they do anyway. In mexico on Nov 1st the "celebrate" the dead by leaving food and candy at a persons grave or doorstep next to their picture. I dont know bout you but this reminds me of the Sakhi about Guru Nanak going in the river with the sadhus that were throwing water to their ancestors. Then next there is valentines day rolleyes.gif another excuse for now culture , where we pretend to love the person you should love anyway more on a certain day????? All these celebrations while only a few GurSikhs celebrate the life given to them from Waheguru Jio on a moment by moment basis instead of some picked calender day.

i dont think there is anything wrong with giving out candys or anything... its just a fun time for the kids...

nothing wrong..

obviously on the basis of sikh principals there is no such thing as bhoot or bhrait but this is just some excuse for the kids to get a few chocolates and have a good time...

smile :D

Isn't Bandhi Chhor when Guru Arjun dev ji made the 52 tassles with the kings?

Khalsa123

ahhhhhh :TH: buh normally i've heard em called as kalian <_<

kaliaa arent really tassels though.

makes me think now :D

cuz like tassels hang..they are composed of quite a number of little threads :@

and you will NEVER see tassels on a CHOLAA!! :@

on a Chola, there are separate peieces of cloths assorted right beside each other, and they are sewed together from the middle, and the middle part is whats known as a kali (ku-lee).

but there is nothin hangin from the Chola, like for example a tassel.