u got it there

it is used to do paath or simran

there r certain beads in it.....eg 7 beads

lets say moolmantar

when u complete the the cycle u will have completed 7 moolmantars

hope tat made sense

or did i confuse u?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I wear a glow in the dark mala. If you do wear it, wear it under your shirt or you will look like you are "showing off". I was told to wear it under my kurta because it looks like jewlery if seen on a Sikh. You wear them in the tradition of the nihangs. The nihangs would have the sword in one hand while holding a mala in the other, meaning they are in simran even while in battle. Im pretty sure the smaller sarbloh mala is for an extra blocking device on the wrist besides the kara which serves dual purposes, one was for simran and you cant drop it because its on the wrist rather than holding a 108 beaded mala, also for another peice of metal on the wrist in case of a weapon being thrusted at them and the only way to deflect is with the arm so it wont get severed so easily.

kbIr myrI ismrnI rsnw aUpir rwmu ]

kabeer maeree simaranee rasanaa oopar raam ||

Kabeer, my rosary is my tongue, upon which the Lord's Name is strung.

Awid jugwdI sgl Bgq qw ko suKu ibsRwmu ]1]

aadh jugaadhee sagal bhagath thaa ko sukh bisraam ||1||

From the very beginning, and throughout the ages, all the devotees abide in tranquil peace. ||1||

ive got a mala a little one which i have on the wrist... to do simran with !! etc

i have a bigger one which i wear on top of my bana!! ... thats like a weapon .. if i need it take it off and do a chungi with it ... its a good weapon!! ... :D

a lot of people wear them for show.. but i dnt get y !! .. wear it if u know wah to do with it and y

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh