How To Start Doing Nitnem Daily?

LifeIsBeautiful

WJKK WJKF

Ok first of all the bania you should do in the morining are: Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Savaiya, Chopai Shaib and Anand Sahib.

I would recommend learning them a stage at a time, start with Jap Ji Sahib, get it on CD or mp3 so u know the right pronoucation. Do it everyday and I would learn the meaning aswell (cos otherwise your just repeating it like a parrot), if your gonna learn the meaning - learn a pauree every two weeks. Then slowly add the rest on (but its all up to your pace). I also listen to the bania on my mp3 all the time during the day, so it kinda sticks in my head- but its different for everyone.

I learnt Jap Ji Sahib during last years Jap 108- but only managed like 20 (im an <banned word filter activated> i no but it helped a lot).

Remember you can't rush with sikhi - so slowly but surley take them up! blush.gif Or one day ull just give up cos u cant do it!

Hope I helped

WJKK WJKF

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

you could join the Saturday night Simran with us we also do the Nitnem in the morning if you want more info then go on http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=22558

we also do other days please contact me for more info.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

take your time and do not rush it... get a cd and start reading along with it.. start with japji sahib and then slowly increase.. do it slowly and do it one poreee at a time. thats how i learnt it and i now do my whole panj bania. alternatively u can go to a gratnhi at your local gurdwara and ask them to help you do it.. by doing that you will be able to know how to do it properly as they do it everday and so they will make sure u learn it word by word the correct way.

hope this helped ... bye . gud luk

• 1 month later...
To get up early i would recommend going to sleep as early as possible

I am also trying same, I have been advised for say minimum 2-3 weeks sleep early and have a very light Dinner. When you less your body will try to wake you up due to hunger.

:TH:

But if your hungry then how are u meant to concentate on paath and simran? I've heard u are not meant to eat after your nitnem grin.gif

I am also trying same, I have been advised for say minimum 2-3 weeks sleep early and have a very light Dinner. When you less your body will try to wake you up due to hunger.

But if your hungry then how are u meant to concentate on paath and simran? I've heard u are not meant to eat after your nitnem grin.gif

You can eat after, but not before!!!! If you are amritdhari, you shouldnt eat before completing your nitnem, if you do, rehitnamas vary.. but the basics are your a greedy something.. the same applies in the evening with rehras, you shouldnt eat until rehras is completed.

Just take time with nitnem, like you can use a cd for a while but try reading them to in the day if you are not busy, japji sahib is easy after a couple of time, and so is chaupi sahib, anand sahib again isnt to complicated!! Only jaap sahib and svaiya that will give you trouble but the cd will sort that out!!!!

One other thing.. try to read it in Gurmukhi NOW only and not romanized!!! You will notice the difference if you try romanized then gurmukhi!!

You can eat after, but not before!!!! If you are amritdhari, you shouldnt eat before completing your nitnem, if you do, rehitnamas vary.. but the basics are your a greedy something..

Hunger doesn't make u greedy. Hunger is a natural call or signal that ur body need something to survive.