Protest In Edinburgh

Sikh Soldier

, we dont want sikhs to look stupid against how muslims protest or cus u organized the protest. whats da outcome now, what did the protest achieve except show the world that only 100 sikhs will turn up to ur protests.

I fully agree our Protest be the smartest , subtlest and the most profound any community can contemplate of.

love

hps

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, our actions should always bear in mind that gaining the sympathy of politicians and the media will always involve being peaceful and responsible --- scenes of violence, riots, death threats are a recipe for disaster. We should always keep in mind that if we do the medias work for them by acting like mini muslims (I mean fundamentalist Muslims of course, not all are fundamentalist) then we only have ourselves to blame - these things are disastrous for us. Not even Monty Panesar winning the Ashes for England will counteract that --- we need to THINK and be RESPONSIBLE. Protests and mobs can be counter-productive.

RUPINDER AND PREM WHAT YOU WILL FIND IS EVERYONE AGREES WITH YOU. WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST IS RATHER THAN SPEND ALL OUR ENERGIES ON THE INTERNET, LETS START LOBBYING MPS. NO ONE WILL DO IT. WE HAVE TO TAKE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY. NO POINT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH KIDS. IF YOU GOT GOOD IDEAS THEN PUT THEM INTO PRACTICE. DONT WAIT FOR A LEADER TO TELL YOU.

THE WAY FORWARD WITH THIS SITUATION IS TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE POLICE DO. I HAVE FAITH THEY WILL GET THE KIDS WHO DID THIS. IF THEY DONT THEN WE AS SIKHS WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT WE CAN DO. IN THE MEAN TIME LETS PUT PRESSURE ON MPS AND POLICE. NOTHING STOPPING US RINGING UP THE POLICE AND TELLING THEM HOW CONCERNED YOU ARE AS A SIKH. PUT PRESSURE ON THE LOCAL GURDWARA COMMITTEE TO KEEP THE PRESSURE UP ON THE POLICE.

PREM DO YOU DISAGREE WITH R4G CAMPAIGN PROTESTS?

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THESE HALLS IN OUR OWN AREAS?

In other words, our actions should always bear in mind that gaining the sympathy of politicians and the media will always involve being peaceful and responsible --- scenes of violence, riots, death threats are a recipe for disaster. We should always keep in mind that if we do the medias work for them by acting like mini muslims (I mean fundamentalist Muslims of course, not all are fundamentalist) then we only have ourselves to blame - these things are disastrous for us. Not even Monty Panesar winning the Ashes for England will counteract that --- we need to THINK and be RESPONSIBLE. Protests and mobs can be counter-productive.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM????

WAS THERE ANY VIOLENCE? DID SOMEONE TELL YOU THERE WAS GOING TO BE ANY? WHY ARE YOU SITTING AT HOME <admin-cut>???

THE WAY FORWARD WITH THIS SITUATION IS TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE POLICE DO. I HAVE FAITH THEY WILL GET THE KIDS WHO DID THIS. IF THEY DONT THEN WE AS SIKHS WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT WE CAN DO. IN THE MEAN TIME LETS PUT PRESSURE ON MPS AND POLICE. NOTHING STOPPING US RINGING UP THE POLICE AND TELLING THEM HOW CONCERNED YOU ARE AS A SIKH. PUT PRESSURE ON THE LOCAL GURDWARA COMMITTEE TO KEEP THE PRESSURE UP ON THE POLICE.

You see Kuljeet, this is exactly the problem I am talking about - your confrontational approach and attitude. Everything about how this has been dealt with by the authorities has been exemplary. The police came out and made statements of condemnation, reassured the Sikh community in Edinburgh that they would do all that they can do to find the perpetrators. It received headline news status across the media, including explanations of why cutting the hair in the attack was a particular outrage. Everyone condemened it, and it was pointed out that it is the first time anything like this has happened in Edniburgh. So what is the point in protesting and putting excessive pressure on MP's and police? That is just harassing them. Let them do their job. Don't have the attitude that they are part of conspiracy of racism, or go saying that 'we should take matters into our own hands'. By doing what? Going up to Edinburgh and fighting people and making life difficult for Sikhs up there? The Sikh sangat in Scotland should be allowed to liase with the police and make sure things are done. They will do it.

Starting protests against the police and MPs is the wrong way to do it -- it wont help the situation. Its protesting for the sake of it then. It's using your emotion rather than your head to think through what should be the response to this. We need to use our minds or there is a disaster waiting ahead for Sikhs and if you want to know what that will be like just look at the disaster of Muslim activists in the last few years.

But when there are competing organisations all trying to prove how passionate and commited to the Sikh cause they are, each organising a different protest and strategy, then pointing accusing fingers at each other, and in the aftermath of a protest gone wrong, damage is done to the Sikh image or Sikh cause, will anyone reflect, or will we just blame others again?

We need to think these things through with strategy and intelligence.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM????

WAS THERE ANY VIOLENCE? DID SOMEONE TELL YOU THERE WAS GOING TO BE ANY? WHY ARE YOU SITTING AT HOME <admin-cut>???

Kuljeet, I find your language disgusting. It is violent, profane, filthy and aggressive. I am having a debate on the wider issues. If you can't debate sensibly then at least refrain from using threatening and filthy language. All you seem to know is anger and hatred and you cannot even engage in a reasoned debate about issues. Please apologise for using profanity towards me.

Guru Fateh d_oh.gif

PREM YOU GOT SOME LOVELY IDEAS...WHY DONT YOU PUT THEM INTO PRACTICE? RATHER THAN TYPE AN ESSAY ON HERE GO WRITE UP A STRATEGY FOR US LOST SOULS. THE PROTEST WASNT AGAINST ANYONE.

I AINT GOT TIME TO ARGUE WITH YOU BRO. THE PROTEST WAS PEACEFUL...HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT MAYBE THE ORGANISERS HAD ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS?

ARE YOU FOR R4G CAMPAIGNS?

PREM YOU GOT SOME LOVELY IDEAS...WHY DONT YOU PUT THEM INTO PRACTICE? RATHER THAN TYPE AN ESSAY ON HERE GO WRITE UP A STRATEGY FOR US LOST SOULS. THE PROTEST WASNT AGAINST ANYONE.

I AINT GOT TIME TO ARGUE WITH YOU BRO. THE PROTEST WAS PEACEFUL...HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT MAYBE THE ORGANISERS HAD ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS?

ARE YOU FOR R4G CAMPAIGNS?

BRO I AM JUST STATING THE FACTS. THERE WAS NO TROUBLE SO STOP WINGING.

Kuljeet I do what I can with an elderly father, a disabled mother, and children of my own, working hard every day to provide for my family, and raise my sons and daughters to be good children. It is hard. When you are married and have children and struggle to pay your mortgage and make ends meet, you will understand. You will also understand when you have children about worrying for the future of the world and the society they live in, and how things will affect them, and so you always take into consideration these issues, because you want them to know love and not hate.

At the end of the week, if I have free time, I take my family to Gurdwara. I do sometimes have time to debate here on issues, and it depresses me like crazy when I see Sikhs fighting with each other, using hot language, when people don't think through issues clearly, when people don't try and think of why it is important that Sikhs maintain an image of being CIVILSED -- MATURE -- and RESPONSIBLE citizens so that we can contribute to British society and have our rights protected in the long term by acting sensibly. I have nightmares of mob violence getting out of hand and destroying our strategies and reputation. That is why I try to ask questions that everyone should be thinking of, instead of just making slogans all the time. That is what I can do at the moment. That is all I can do at the moment, I try my hardest, and I keep VaheGuru in my heart as much as I can.

Guru Fateh d_oh.gif

Guest peacemaker

Kuljeet, is there something wrong with your "Caps Lock"? And quit bothering other people who are trying to do the best they can. Just mind your own business. You keep telling others to "get off the internet", so why don't you follow your own advice...and leave.

As an outsider in all of this, you, Kuljeet, come off to me as a real mean person no matter what you say. If you're trying to win support, then change your own attitude first.

I dnt normally reply to these post. But i tink rupinder singh n prem hav realli got a problem. You guys need to start practising what you preach. Get up off ur back sides and organise programs at local gurdwara n contact local MP's.

I was at the protest n feel the attendance was low. A young SIKH brother had his kesh cut, he needs our support n backing. But SIKH brothers like yourself are to lazy to get up n help out.

Sangat ji we all need to wake up. Stop cursing and start supporting these events.

PLEASE jus wake up Sangat Ji. Lets all unite.

BHUL CHUK MAAF KARNA

WJKK WJKF.

I can see some people are saying that people that go to these protests come back with some kind of 'superiority complex',, and that these Sikhs think they are better than others and look down on others.

Firstly I want to say that I am the worst Sikh in the world, I am the lowest of the low.

But at least i was there!, now people may have good reasons why they couldnt make, and thats all good, but only you know if your reason was good enough.

people are saying what difference have you made by going to Edinburgh? you would know the difference if you was there. the smiles on the kids, the local population looking at where have all these Sikhs come from?

IT SHOWED UNITY.

Its true that you cant put one cause over another, but do u go to the other causes? i doubt it?

that kid was exactly like bhai taru singh ji. he had his kes cut off due to persecution.

now think, how many sikhs out there take kes for granted? imagine tht was u or ya younger brother getting his kes cut? you'd be there in a flash. the difference is that kid is OUR brother!!!!

i cant believe people are trying to flip this post onto the people that went. like it was a bad thing to go.

i just hope that wen there is another march or protest to go to, that u do go and maybe u'll feel what the rest of the regular people feel.

that talkin is easy, doing it is hard.

Guest peacemaker

i cant believe people are trying to flip this post onto the people that went. like it was a bad thing to go.

To adoid that problem in the future, don't create a topic if you can't handle posts from both sides of the fence. You started this yourself. Good on you that you went, but don't make a federal case if someone chose not to attend.