Poem Thread

heart

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

This is todays Hukumnama, but I think it fits perfectly for this thread :lol:

All the Sikhs and servants come to worship and adore You; they sing the sublime Bani of the Lord, Har, Har. Their singing and listening is approved by the Lord; they accept the Order of the True Guru as True, totally True. || 1 || Chant the Lord’s Praises, O Siblings of Destiny; the Lord is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage in the terrifying world-ocean. They alone are praised in the Court of the Lord, O Saints, who know and understand the Lord’s sermon. || Pause || He Himself is the Guru, and He Himself is the disciple; the Lord God Himself plays His wondrous games. O servant Nanak, he alone merges with the Lord, whom the Lord Himself merges; all the others are forsaken, but the Lord loves him. || 2 || 5 || 11 ||

Thursday, 1st Poh (Samvat 538 Nanakshahi) (Page: 669)

This is todays Hukumnama, but I think it fits perfectly for this thread :lol:

All the Sikhs and servants come to worship and adore You; they sing the sublime Bani of the Lord, Har, Har. Their singing and listening is approved by the Lord; they accept the Order of the True Guru as True, totally True. || 1 || Chant the Lord's Praises, O Siblings of Destiny; the Lord is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage in the terrifying world-ocean. They alone are praised in the Court of the Lord, O Saints, who know and understand the Lord's sermon. || Pause || He Himself is the Guru, and He Himself is the disciple; the Lord God Himself plays His wondrous games. O servant Nanak, he alone merges with the Lord, whom the Lord Himself merges; all the others are forsaken, but the Lord loves him. || 2 || 5 || 11 ||

Thursday, 1st Poh (Samvat 538 Nanakshahi) (Page: 669)

syvk isK pUjx siB Awvih siB gwvih hir hir aUqm bwnI ]

saevak sikh poojan sabh aavehi sabh gaavehi har har ootham baanee ||

All the Sikhs and servants come to worship and adore You; they sing the sublime Bani of the Lord, Har, Har.

gwivAw suixAw iqn kw hir Qwie pwvY ijn siqgur kI AwigAw siq siq kir mwnI ]1]

gaaviaa suniaa thin kaa har thhaae paavai jin sathigur kee aagiaa sath sath kar maanee ||1||

Their singing and listening is approved by the Lord; they accept the Order of the True Guru as True, totally True. ||1||

the translation is misleading. the 2nd line does NOT mean " Their singing and listening is approved by the Lord; they accept the Order of the True Guru as True, totally True."

it means that singing and listening is parvaan (approved) only for those who take the message and apply it to their life (satgur ki agya, which is in bani)"

as guruji says in another place

gwey suny AWKy mIcY pweIAY n prmpdu]

gaaeae sunae aaa(n)khae meechai paaeeai n paramapadhu||

[just by listening and signing with eyes closed, one cannot attain the supreme state]

gur aupdysu gih jau lau n kmweIAY ]ôóù]

gur oupadhaes gehi jo lo n kamaaeeai ||aaa||[

[it can only be attained by kamai of guru shabad (by walking the path)]

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha

While studying the interactions between transcription factors and protein synthesis,

I replied Vaah Guru

While studying the physiology of the nervous system,

I replied Vaah Guru

While studying the immune response of infection,

I replied Vaah Guru

While studying developmental biology,

I replied Vaah Guru

There is no limit to your greatness

by guru's kirpa i try i try buh i fail again and again cause of my shortcomings

why wont this mind listen to reason?

why is it so stubborn?

There is always conflict inside me

mind saying one thing and brain saying another.

I try to go through with sense buh just when i think i have things under control, this mind does a number on me and screws everything up.

my only hope is that may guru keep this papi

cause if he wont then who will?