Dateline Nbc - To Catcha Predator - Sikh Caught

LifeIsBeautiful

29 men show up at this upscale house in Petaluma, California in just three days. We’ve rigged it with hidden cameras—the street, driveway, garage, alley and every inch of the backyard are covered. But our guests have no idea they’re being recorded.

Inside the house, members of the online watchdog group Perverted-Justice are in chat rooms posing as young teens. Dateline has paid the organization a consulting fee. The PJ members are pretending to be 12- and 13-year-olds who are interested in sex and whose parents are away.

If a man in a chat room hits on one of the decoys and proposes sex, he’ll be given the address of this house and invited over.

Dateline hired an 18-year-old actress to play the part of the 12- or 13-year-old home alone...and the men seem happy to see her.

Like 30-year-old Jaswinder Cheema, a sales manager for a large electronics company. Online he calls himself “xclusivelyinit.” He hit on a Perverted-Justice decoy posing as a 13-year-old in a Yahoo chat room. He tells the girl, “I could probably teach you a few things. The decoy says, “Yeah like what?” and he responds “Hmmm like you know some positions and moves. Then he says he likes soft sensual kissing— “See I like to make love.”

Decoy: Sit down for me.

Jaswinder Cheema: Let me see you.

Decoy: I’m gonna go change into my... well, hang on. You gotta be patient...

Chris Hansen (Dateline correspondent): What, no hug for me?

Cheema: I’m sorry?

Hansen: Why don’t you have a seat right over there for me.

Cheema: Oh, no.

Hansen: Oh, no what? Come on.

Cheema: I’m sorry.

Hansen: You’re sorry for what?

Cheema: I think I know what this is. I’m not for that, seriously.

Hansen: What is it?

Cheema: You’re probably gonna arrest me?

Hansen: I’m not gonna arrest you, no.

Cheema: Cops will probably.

Hansen: I’m not a cop.

Cheema: I know. I’m sorry. I’m not here really to do anything though.

He claims the girl he was coming to meet is 19, despite the fact that the decoy says she’s thirteen, not once but twice.

Hansen: I’ve got entire transcript here. And no place does it say that she’s 19. I mean, you can go through it. If you find it you can tell me.

Cheema: No, no. I believe you. How old did she say she was?

Hansen: 13.

Cheema: Wow. Are you serious?

Hansen: She says that right off the get go here.

Cheema: I was actually home at that time really drunk.

Hansen: Right.

Cheema: I probably didn’t even pay attention to that.

Hansen: So you didn’t even notice that she was 13.

Cheema: I didn’t.

Hansen: Yeah.

Cheema: I have never, ever been with a minor.

Hansen: And how old are you?

Cheema: I’m 20-- actually, 28? Yeah.

Actually he’s 30 years old.

Click for related content

* Chris Hansen on this investigation, Foley scandal

* Where are the female predators?

Hansen: She says she’s 13. You say, “Well, I never met anyone your age.”

Cheema: I’m on—I’m on video?

Hansen: I’m sorry?

Cheema: I’m on video?

Hansen: Right now? Yes, you are.

Cheema: Can we turn that off, please?

Hansen: No, we can’t.

Cheema: Where’s the police? I know what’s going to happen.

It turns out “xclusivelyinit” knows exactly what he’s just walked into.

Cheema: I’ve watched your show on Dateline. I would never do that.

Hansen: So you’ve seen the show and you showed up here anyway.

Cheema: I didn’t know she was 13. I’m sorry.

Hansen: Come on, though. But it says right there.

Cheema: Could you please turn the camera off?

Hansen: I cannot do that.

Instead I remind him who I am...

Hansen: I’m Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC.

And the big cameras come out. Because he’s seen our reports he knows what happens next.

Cheema: The cops are here.

That’s correct. Perverted-Justice is working with the Petaluma police department providing chat logs and other evidence needed for law enforcement to arrest any suspect who show up at the house.

Cheema: Well, I mean, I know the police is gonna arrest me. So where do you want me to go and be arrested? I can explain to the police. I mean, look at me. Do you think I would do something like that? I’m very professional.

Hansen: Well, if you want to go, you should go out the same way you came.

The police are staked out in the garage of the house next door. As a man exists the backyard, law enforcement moves in and then makes the arrest.

Cheema: I’m here, officer.

Police officer: Alright. Step on out. Step on out. Step on out. Hands up. Hand it up.

Cheema: I’m here.

Police officer: Keep your hands up.

He’s taken to a booking station, where he’s photographed and later interviewed by a detective. He continues to insist that he thought the girl was 19.

Cheema: I was drinking at that time and I didn’t really pay attention. Wow, she’s 13. If I was awake and I had known, I would not be here.

His chat lasts three days. Was he drunk the whole time? Then he comes up with something we’ve never heard before-- the “I know all about ‘To Catch a Predator’ defense.”

Cheema: I mean, you can talk to Chris, I said, “I know who you are. I’ve seen the show many, many times." I mean, we talk about it at work. I would never do anything like that. Why am I being arrested? I haven’t really done anything. Don’t you think I should—

Police officer: Because we prevented it. We prevented it from happening.

Cheema: So why am I still arrested though?

Police officer: Because you came up here to prey on a 13-year-old girl.

Cheema: I know but that part is over. Whatever happened, I mean, don’t you think I should be let go now?

Police officer: So you can go find another 13-year-old? I have a responsibility. I’m responsible to keep my community safe—

Cheema: You’re right. I can see where you’re coming from.

Police officer: So please understand where I’m coming from.

Cheema: I understand. I didn’t think about that. You’re right.

He’s taken over to the Sonoma County jail where he’ll remain until he posts $30,000 bail.

The next men you’ll meet have taken an oath to serve our country—now they’ll be taken away in handcuffs.

Thats not a SIKH. Thats a retarded in the same league as the retarded with a "khanda hair cut on the back of his head". Good thing he used his surname and not a "SINGH".

A TRUE SIKH WOULD NOT BEHAVE IN THIS MANNER!!

Do a search on the net and you will find an Oct discussion on an India Discussion Forum

"Seven Indians held in sex sting operation in California

George Joseph, October 18, 2006 "

"Jaswinder Cheema : 30-year-old, San Jose, a sales manager for Bose Corp.electronics company.

Anurag Tiwari:, 29-year-old , Sunnyvale, Sun Microsystems engineer

Chandrashekhar Nonna,31-year-old, Oakland, a computer engineer, Strategic Staffing Solutions engineer.

Pulkit Mathur :25-year-old year, Sunnyvale, executive"

He’s charged with attempted lewd behavior with a minor, and bail is set at $30,000. Later we find out Pulkit failed to show up for court and is wanted on a $50,000 arrest warrant.

Kanishk Lakhanpal - I’m very loyal to my wife. It’s my love marriage. :D

Gopichand Pai: 25 years old, Sunnyvale, works in Apple. software engineer (TCS software engineer)

Vaikunth Sundarajan: Sunnyvale, 26-year-old, Info Systems programmer

Aminder Singh , 24 years old, San Jose, Zoom Delivery driver.

Not Indian but check his profile

Maurice Wolin is 48 years old, married and a prominent San Francisco physician. It’s hard to believe that someone of his stature would show up to meet a girl who said she was 13 and then follow her into the backyard where she invites him to go in her hot tub."

Their pics on

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15130487/

OK I’m going to put my neck on the line here. First, I assure you that think it’s idiotic for anyone to pursue such a relationship, if it can be called that, REGARDLESS of age. I also think that anyone knowingly pursuing a minor needs very serious consequences and intensive rehab if possible.

I will be the first in line to kill or be killed if that was necessary to protect a minor in such a circumstance. I am very passionate on my stance about that. However, I am also passionate in the belief that a person is innocent till proven guilty. Dateline is not capable of intelligent thought in most cases. Amongst other things, they need a tall white suited stereotype to boost their credibility.

Can someone imagine for a moment that the guy may have genuinely realized too late that he was meeting a minor. It is conceivable that he was drunk. It is very conceivable that to get out of the situation he realizes that he is now in, he lies about his age by two years. His comment on his age is proof of nothing.

But this is not the most relevant point as I’ll explain. In fact if I had to bet, I would guess he was guilty, but no court would care for my opinion based on watching a video. That would be intelligent on the part of the court. This is not about the particular person in the video. It is about whether we care to live in somewhat of an intelligent and humane society or be sitting duck idiots for corporate media.

The guy should be tried with the full force of the law. However, with the internet media he has been punished beyond any possible sentence before any trial. This is a new type of guilty before trial. This is a relatively new phenomenon that the law has not caught up with yet. Sooner or later someone is going to bring a successful lawsuit in the 100s of millions of dollars for when the media is wrong.

Imagine for a moment if that guy is innocent. Can one imagine what has just happened to his life. He will likely consider suicide, become clinically depressed etc. Again, it is not about these facts and this guy, but building a more intelligent and compassionate society. America is horrible in its record on justice. It is extremely zealous in its good v. evil belief. Ethical boundaries have been replaced by political aspirations and business considerations.

Where is the accountability for the media in such a situation? They crunch the numbers for the potential lawsuit v. the benefit for the ratings when deciding what and how to report. In choosing to air this particular segment, the words “criminal negligence” come to mind as something that lawmakers should contemplate.

This isnt the first time a Singhs been caught on that show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11152602/page/4/

Earlier this year Inderjeet Singh got caught doing the same thing. Guy had full Sikhi saroop as well...

A man with the screenname “guy-from-mars83,” seems to thinks it’s perfectly legal for an adult to talk online to a 13-year-old about meeting for sex and then show up at her house. He’s 23-year-old Inderjeet Singh.

Inderjeet Singh: Well, you can talk, you can converse, but it doesn’t mean that I’m going to do it, unless you catch me at one point doing it.

Hansen: So you say I would have to catch you having sex with a 13-year old girl before you could get in trouble.

Singh: Before you can put me against the law, yeah.

Hansen: So are you a lawyer?

Singh: No, I’m not a lawyer.

Hansen: Well, you sound pretty familiar with the law.

Singh: Well I’m pretty much into academics.

Hansen: You’re into academics, well let me correct you a little bit on how the law works.

But it turns out, I don’t have to. The sheriff’s detectives are only too happy to give “guy-from-mars83” a crash course in how the law works.

Earlier this year Inderjeet Singh got caught doing the same thing. Guy had full Sikhi saroop as well...
man that hurt so much to watch. n he's was being all smart trying to say u cant arrest me i didnt do nothing, :D :lol: