Why I Think I Should Cut Hair

singh2k

Here you go.. wrote this in a different thread:

For all the people who think "its all about whats on inside"..

If a cup is dirty inside and outside.. would u drink from it? NO

If a cup is dirty ONLY on inside (ie: only outwardly appearance is pure).. would you drink from it? NO

If the cup is dirty ONLY on the outside (ie: clean inside) would u drink from it? NO

Fer..?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've told us about your situation and not having good role models etc but what difference to your life will it make if you do cut your kesh? what is it that kesh is restricting you from exactly?

How is your life gonna change when you do cut your kesh? If anything your just like everyone else and you lose precious aspect of Sikhi.

Guest Narinder Singh

You'd change it if theres something wrong with it, is there something wrong with the way Waheguru made you?

No truly spiritually exalted individual, no matter what religion or spiritual path they belong to will ever abandon their hair, they believe in the perfection of God's creation, and someone who truly believes that God's creation is perfect will put that belief into practice and not just make over dramatic stories of how great God is.

My only suggestion is find out about Sikhi urself, do your own research and dont listen too much about what other people say. Find out what Sikhi means to you or if it means anything to you at all.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

bhaji wen u feel like cutting ur hair, it is the evil forces of maya trying to control you. Dont let it. Just keep in mind of all the sacrifices our shaheed singhs and singhnia have made for us to practise our religion. Man, keep this in mind SINGH IZ KING wen eva u feel negative abt uself and hopefully maharaj ji will do kirpa on u and u will have the courage of keeping ur precious kes. :TH:

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Chop your head off instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyones head came off while reading this post I'm really sorry please forgive me.

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH !!

Singh2K,

I see Sangat has been a bit harsh to you, some have tried to explain things to you but you didn't want to read those. Its your opinion, do what you feel is good for you.

But i have a request for you. Could you please post a picture of yours in a Dastar as a Sabat Surat Sikh, I'll remember you as one of my veer's who was not able to follow the Sikh Path. Pleaseeeeeeeee post one picture.

And once you cut your hair, post the new face of your's for us. :D I will wait for the pictures.

Guru Sahai !!

Chop your head off instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyones head came off while reading this post I'm really sorry please forgive me.

GREAT SUPPORT from a Sikh to another Sikh guy, eh? chop your head off, dont cut your hair just chop the whole head off!

the point i was trying to make, is that i am no closer to sikhi than a white kid besides the turban on my head, i cant understand or read punjabi and i dont even look forward to it. after cutting my hair, if sikhi is really for me i would probably grow my hair back, turn amritdhari, go to punjab and live in the golden temple or something, pray 24/7 and give my whole life to waheguru instead of doing this act of drama where one day i support him and the other i betray him. WHY? BECAUSE in this world, in this country, the minute you step out your commiting a sin, and i can't accept that. sikhs go out to make money, get rich, have a family, american dream, and so on. I know of many sikhs that cut their hair just so that their jura gets small, sikhs doing things you can't even imagine, and the turban just makes me look bad, for example if i go out to a party and have a drink, people stare and the image of a turban guy drinking affects the whole community, i cant take that responsibility. its not me

i never said that my final decision was to cut it, but i'm still looking into it....................

theres a barber who can come and cut my hair, but i dont know of anyone willing to chop my head off, so mr khalsa productions can you do me a favor and do it for me? "brother".

Guest s133k_s1kh

I don't know if you read my first post, but i'll wait for your picture brother.

and wht would you drink if you are kesdhari ?? If this is what matters to you, then you should cut your hair. waht are you waiting for Shera..go ahead .

Having drinks at a party are more important..hmm..

Turban makes you look bad no.gif i am sorry about that Shera, Kings shoudln't feel bad about their crowns. may be you dont deserve to be one.

You said you know of Sikhs who cut their hair to have a shotta joora, I know a Sikh who has a joora and smokes..It seems you have chosen nice role models :D

You said you don't know Punjabi, is that a big deal ?? I never knew english but i did learn it, so can you. Its all about trying shotte veer.

Finally, i wish it was you in Scotland instead of that 15 year old kid :lol:

Rabb Rakha

Guest Khalsa Productions

Most Sikhs will rather give there head than have hair cut!!!!!!!! Look into Sikh history what the grat Shaheed Singhs gave up to keep there hair.Come to England ill consider chopping it off!!!!!!So your choosing Drink over Vaheguru Ji, good decision just never call yourself a Sikh again if you cut your hair!!