Whats It All About?

darminder

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In kirtan darbar when doing kirtan and simran... someone decides to turn the lights off...

But Why??? :lol: @

does it make u do more simran?

everyone just gets really excited when the lights turn out, like cant u do simran crazy with the lights on grin.gif :D

u can but it jus feels nice. has lot to do with, lets say , da metaphysics

I would have thought this was a bit straight forward...

1. It stops you looking around at other people or fancy paintings on the wall etc.

2. It shifts all the energy to the focal point of the darbaar... Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, so the light only shines on Him...

3. It brings people out of there shell. People are scared to relax and start singing (some not all)... with the lights off, they feel more comfortable as no one will be able to see them so they start singing.

In kirtan darbar when doing kirtan and simran... someone decides to turn the lights off...

But Why??? :lol: @

everyone just gets really excited when the lights turn out, like cant u do simran crazy with the lights on grin.gif :D

i've actually never had that happen before... this is the first time i'm hearing about it... blush.gif

It brings people out of there shell. People are scared to relax and start singing (some not all)... with the lights off, they feel more comfortable as no one will be able to see them so they start singing.
i'm sorry buh that might not be necessarily a good thing. there have been cases where inappropriate actions were done by some taking the cover of darkness.

It brings people out of there shell. People are scared to relax and start singing (some not all)... with the lights off, they feel more comfortable as no one will be able to see them so they start singing.
i'm sorry buh that might not be necessarily a good thing. there have been cases where inappropriate actions were done by some taking the cover of darkness.

Yeh i know what u saying. Ive heard stories too but why should the masses have to suffer at the hands of a few. I get what ure saying and i guess there are downsides to dimming the lights as well

Guest s133k_s1kh

But Why??? :umm: @

everyone just gets really excited when the lights turn out, like cant u do simran crazy with the lights on grin.gif :lol:

1.To save electricity :D

2. To let people take a nap :lol:

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Its more relaxing and you get into the Simran Vibe quicker. Its wicked everyone joins in its so peaceful. You just close your eyes and get into the Simran straight away. Oh no I just looked at the time its Amrit Villa. I'm going to dim the lights now. Ill be back in a couple hours.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!