Whats It All About?

darminder

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, with the lights on, your eyes wander and its hard to concentrate on simran.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm, i can only keep my eyes shut so long, cuz after a while my mind starts to wonder off, think what i did today, what i need to do tomorow, things like that, so instead of fighting it, i just keep my eys open and look at the gursikhs jaaping naam and it looks nice too see gursikhs jaaping pray.gif , so i prefer to look at them as an inspiration.... watch out pppl ill be watching u :D

Guest Khalsa Productions

u can but it jus feels nice. has lot to do with, lets say , da metaphysics
:D my PLUM phen is not making sense

oh im sorry what part wasconfusin?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Plum Ji what does metaphysics mean ???

I've been in sangat doing naam simran with the lights on and off. And personally I don't think you can compare the two. With the lights off its like there is absolute nothingness. All you can concentrate on is what your ears are hearing, and all you hear around you is other gursikhs japping. For all you know their can be shaheed singhs sitting there and japping also. Its truly amazing when you think about it.

Your concentration is at a much higher level as well because you don't have light to distract you. How can I explain this. Your focal point is what you hear when the lights are off. Even if you have your eyes closed its hard to concentrate with the lights on. And you are more tempted to open up your eyes. Maybe it stems from the way light makes us naturally get up in the mornings by shining on us. It may be a natural thing, for example its much easier to wake up when you have the sun shining on your face than if you have all the blinds closed and your not letting in any sun. Agree? The same thing with simran when the lights are on you naturally wanna open up your eyes.

Ultimately You want to get your mind to a state of nothingness, for example you don't wan't thoughts or

images to to distract you while you say waheguru. This is very hard to do. So to help shut the lights off and you have the added feature of starting from darkness, one less distraction.

And for those of you who are worried about ppl doing some inapropiate things infront of guru mahraj at AMRITVELA during SIMRAN, well thats why its best to seperate the sangat males and females. If a male is trying to grab another male, well my dear brothers thats why the Guru blessed us with the Kirpan. And if you ever hear of this or know it has happened to a sister it is you duty to tell the authorities and make sure they get the punishment they deserve.

If telling the authorities doesn't work well than you have every right to take out the sword and use it because that is the most disgusting act i've ever heard of. Hope this helped.

WJKK WJKF

I love havin the lights off, cos it stops me from looking round the darbar, i can concentrate better. :lol: I also do this at amrit vela, i turn off ma room light and turn on dim blue lights- reeli nice glow- gets me in the mood and if its in the summer- i just leave the curtains open so i can see the sunrise's glow.

Nice post btw Quest4Akal.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Khalsa Productions

Hey thats a good Idea leaving the blinds open so you can see the sunrise well I'm doing that tonight. :lol:

Strange how when gursikhs from years gone by didnt have as much light technology as we do these days they tried their hardest to bring light into guru ji darbar (getting hold of generators, diva's, etc etc), while those of us who have a continous supply feel the need to switch them all off?!

Each to his own i guess!