Sleeping Towards God

Guest stupidness

for those who say that guru nanak said god is everywhere so we can point our feet anywhere and use this to justify pointing feet towards guru granth sahib i have just one thing to say to them

WE ARE NOT GURU NANAK

and yes its jus a picture, dont matter if u point ur feet or ur back towards it. just a picture

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dunno about the views some people have here, i think ur taking this a bit too far. I have never worshipped a photo in my life, i have visual pictures in my head of what our gurus looked like, so i agree 100% that they shouldnt b worshipped, keeping the story of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and mecca in mind of course. however these pictures are pictures of our gurus n if they were gna have ppls feet facing them thats how it would b in the gurdwarra, they wouldnt bother putting them up on the wall. the bedsheets of guru gobind singh ji, his dastaar and the shoes of some saintly women of his time are put in GLASS BOXES and treated with at least SOME respect so why would we deliberately have our feet facing the photos that actually give us darshan every day of their beautiful faces and gurdwarras. the muslims think gods in mecca so they face that way, but we know that GOD is EVERYWHERE. these photos are the only VISUAL IMAGES we had of our GURUS who cant be here in the flesh and were probably drawn by holy people so why treat them with such disrespect? DO NOT WORSHIP them but dont shove them in ur feet either! would you sit back n watch someone step n them cuz "god is everywhere"??

u obviously feel that it is a potential issue or u wouldnt be posting this thread but go with whatever ur heart n head tell u. You should form ur own opinion.

• 1 month later...

hmm..you see. its only a picture. even if there was a picture of one of our guru ji's, don't get me wrong. respect it, but do not worship it. it becomes idol worship, which is something all sikhs should stay away from. its ritualistic. i hvae a picture of the chotay sahibzadey in my room, but the thing is. im inspired by their stories, not thier faces. :nihungsmile:

for those who say that guru nanak said god is everywhere so we can point our feet anywhere and use this to justify pointing feet towards guru granth sahib i have just one thing to say to them

WE ARE NOT GURU NANAK

In that case as I'm not Guru Gobind Singh ji, I better cut off my kesh.... See how that statment can lead to silly statements made by the rest! :)

The moral of the Kaaba spinning, is that we all learn from it. SGGS is the shabad, and it's all around us. walking backwards does not make one more holy!

^^^guru gobind singh ji told there sikhs to keep hairs did guru nanak told sikhs to keep there feet towards mecca ???? how u relate two things i dont know ....

and guru sahib keeping feet towards mecca .... for gods sake spend some time reading it from any granth not from story books or news papers ...

in short ... guru nanak devji spend two days in mecca .... 1st day the door opened and according to islam the door will only open when some peer comes there ... when this door opened every one knew some real peer have come .... search for him .... in last guru nanak was found .... who is he a hindu .... throw him out of mecca ... doors opened by allha to tell us that there is some kaffir very near to his house ... throw him out of mecca ... it was after then guru nanak devji showed karamat ....

its not for insulting islam .... see my feet are towards ur mecca .... i m insulting it ....

the bedsheets of guru gobind singh ji, his dastaar and the shoes of some saintly women of his time are put in GLASS BOXES and treated with at least SOME respect
Yes they are historical peices - worth keeping. If someone sleeps with their feet facing them would it be disrespect?
so why would we deliberately have our feet facing the photos that actually give us darshan every day of their beautiful faces and gurdwarras. the muslims think gods in mecca so they face that way, but we know that GOD is EVERYWHERE. these photos are the only VISUAL IMAGES we had of our GURUS who cant be here in the flesh and were probably drawn by holy people so why treat them with such disrespect? DO NOT WORSHIP them but dont shove them in ur feet either!

No they were artisits who drew pictures ages after Guru ji left the physical world. Reliable? I can just make a pic of someone and say it's Guru Nanak Dev Ji..

And the issue of feet - you seem to be going over the top with stuff like "dont shove them in ur feet either!" We are not telling you to are we? We are trying to tell you that pointing your feet to a picture doesnt matter - we are trying to give you the Sikh answer. Sikhi = Practical.

By the way.. How would you treat pictures of your family? Would you also not face your feet towards them? Won't that direspect your whole family?

Pictures are pictures.. theres a reason why Guru ji didnt write their own life stories/got their picutres painted - We Got Guru Granth Sahib Ji as our Guru! Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Guru Nanak Dev ji.

In short ... guru nanak devji spend two days in mecca .... 1st day the door opened and according to islam the door will only open when some peer comes there ... when this door opened every one knew some real peer have come .... search for him .... in last guru nanak was found .... who is he a hindu .... throw him out of mecca ... doors opened by allha to tell us that there is some kaffir very near to his house ... throw him out of mecca ... it was after then guru nanak devji showed karamat ....

You been reading 'fairytales from india'' or summat mate!

Which budhi aunty did you hear the above from? Hilarious!

two budha uncles i have learned till now .... they have written few anti sikh granths full of brhaman wad ...

1 is kavi raj santokh singh ji s suraj parkash .... whoes katha is done in every gurudwara in evening ....

2 is sardar rattan singh bhangu its know as prachin panth parkash .... which is one of the oldest ....

funny old people right ......

two budha uncles i have learned till now .... they have written few anti sikh granths full of brhaman wad ...

1 is kavi raj santokh singh ji s suraj parkash .... whoes katha is done in every gurudwara in evening ....

2 is sardar rattan singh bhangu its know as prachin panth parkash .... which is one of the oldest ....

funny old people right ......

Link please?