Jesus!

singh1986

KoolSingh Ji COOL explaination.!

pRBwqI ]

i think rahao vali panktii clears everything. this shabad is by bhagat kabir, and is aimed at the muslim priests at the time, who were saying that only their religion is true and every other one is false. so yeah, i think you are right here, thanks for correcting my mistake :)

there is one question in my mind tho, maybe someone can clarify this. how can guruji say at one point that dont call vedas false (in the above shabad for instance) and at other places say they are false. (read below).

byd kqyb iePqrw BweI idl kw iPkru n jwie ]

baedh kathaeb eifatharaa bhaaee dhil kaa fikar n jaae ||

The Vedas and the Scriptures are only make-believe, O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart.

==================

isimRiq swsqR puMn pwp bIcwrdy qqY swr n jwxI ]

simrith saasathr pu(n)n paap beechaaradhae thathai saar n jaanee ||

The Simritees and the Shaastras discriminate between good and evil, but they do not know the true essence of reality.

now its obvious and that there is something weird going on in the translation. anyone have teeka by bhai sahib singh ji???? :umm:

PS. i know this has gone off topic. sorry.

Sat Sri Akaal! I actually just came upon this post while searching on google whether jesus is mentioned in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or not. So I came upon your post, and it got me thinking for a while. I thought maybe there is something wrong with the way its translated. But then if you just give it some time and think about the wonderful gurbani, the word of god, nothing like it ever written, pure, and without error, without any doubt and full faith, then answers flow from within.

Now this is my opinion, from what I see the first hym is telling hindus, and muslims not to fight over whose book is true. Its stating that dont curse each others book, as it also mentions the name of God and its created by his will so dont say its bad. Blame the fanatic, un religious followers who are full of ego that they interpret the verses as they wish. Bcoz the true meaning of any religion is love and peace.

Then the second hym states that dont read the vedas or smrities, this is a message to the Sikh, its just saying that those specific holy books are not concise, they are not clear, well versed, and could possibly be corrupted as they were not written by their prophets but by their followers who could be fanatics trying to spread their religion as thats what they did if you look back at history.

So its not saying the veda, smritis, koran, bible etc. are bad its just saying that its not concise, so why read it, it will confuse you even more. Though the holy books mention praises of god, so it cant be bad, but its just not clear and to teh point, so thats creates tremendous doubt, falsehood, and can astray you from the real deal, from gods real message.

Same thing goes when talking about eating meat. Again guru ji is telling the brahmins and imams who are constantly fighting over whose book is right. So guru ji says who knows what is meat and what is not. But guru ji also states in one line how can a lover of god eat meat, its creation.

Bani is very beautiful, you have to read it with your heart and not fight it with our intellect. It says nothing bad about anyone, its staes right vs. wrong. but not bad vs. good. as guru ji says, hum nahi change' bura nahi koye"

So once again guru ji never says other holy books are bad and dont read them, its telling the hindus and imams that your holy books also mention that one should contemplate on the name of god, so do that and not blame each other over whose book is more superior than the other.

But for the gurus disciple, the "GurSikh" guru ji states that dont meddle with vedas or smritis, as they are not concise, they will only create more doubt, and falsehood and fuel our ego.

So stick to the gurus bani and with gur parsad, we are one with waheguru ji. Hope this helps, i wrote all this really fast so forgive my grammar. But if we just think with our hearts with gurus love we get all the answers:) bhul chuk maaf karni,

Sat Sri Akaaal

That video is not right, its so disrespectful. Can't believe people disrespect one of the worlds most inspiring saints. Im kind of hurt actually, I went to a Church of England school and to see that video, is really upsetting. People who laugh at this video are total hypocrites, as they wouldnt like if a video was made like that about our Guru Sahibs like that! You know who you are, and incase you have forgotten, scroll through this topic and have some shame!

in "Se Kinehiya?" Sant Baba Seva Singh ji writes of when Sant Baba Harnaam Singh ji had holy glimpses of Christ, Mohammed and Bhrigu Rishi; and Christ said "it is my inner desire that my followers should adopt the path shown by the Great Guru"

:umm: I don't mean to offend anyone.

These are my personal views. Why don't i accept all these things. Whenever there is Sant talk something holds me back from believing in certain things. Is there something wrong with me?

It is due to the overuse of the word. Also, with time meaning of a word changes.

Like "masand" was a good word befor 10th Nanak....but after that its derogatory.

"Jalose" was used for procession....but now its "nagar kirtan"....and jaloose is derogatory.

There are real sants in this world....but the problem is....only a sant can tell who is real sant....common man can never decipher it.

You are correct that common man cannot tell who is sant (usually); but we can. Someone who has decent buddhi can make it out based on certain signs of recognising who is a sant. When i find out/ remember the signs i'll post them.

Gurbani does not ever tell sikhs to not contemplate on the wisdom of other scriptures; but Dasam Bani makes it clear that the Quran, the Vedas, all of these are not in any way binding on us. Only Akaal Purakh is .

Can I just say, this has been a really interesting thread to read! one of the few I've actually sat through and read all the pages! Thought I'd add my two cents worth on the topic:

1) Whereas I don't trust the authenticity of the Bible, having been written several years after the death of Christ, I do think that Jesus, what he embodies and the message he spread were admirable. I'm not certain whether he existed just like the parables suggest he did, but I think the ideal that is Jesus Christ ought to be respected by all - what he did and what he said are noble attributes that I think many people lack.

2) Celebration of Christmas...why not? It is thought that Jesus was probably born around Spring, but December was picked several hundred years after his death because it fell on the winter solstice. Thus, by changing the date to this the Church would become more acceptable to the Pagan who celebrated the Solstice and thus convert them too. I don't exactly celebrate Jesus in all his glory...I simply use the opportunity to chill with my family. It's nice. But I didn't even consider that the date coincided with our Shaheeds. Good point...thanks for that!

3) Someone mentioned how Christians shouldn't be the yard stick we use to judge Jesus by. I couldn't agree more. One thing that does annoy me is their refusal to accept anyone elses' belief systems' right to exist! But I'd hate for our Gurus to be judged by the actions of most of us 'Sikhs'. What a terrible yard stick that'd be to the greatness of what is being measured

4) Hitler was not Christian in any shape, but I think the Catholic Church was hardly Christian during WWII either. Their track record on slavery, the inquisitions, civil rights and persecution of Jews, homosexuals, gipsies etc was nothing short of disgusting. I'd hate to imagine what Jesus would have thought about all this being done in his name.

5) I choose the follow the path of our Guru. But I respect respect the thoughts of all. Although I don't always follow this ideal perfectly, it is something I feel Sikhs should. Thus, Jesus was indeed a G, he or his teachings shouldn't be belittled or ignored. Listen to all, read all, contemplate on Waheguru and trust in Waheguru to keep you on the right path :)

Fateh