Sikhi And Divorce

Guest johnny

heart you shouldn't be worrying about this kind of mature stuff, you are like 13-15 worry about finishing your homework.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

just because some of the people on this forum are young does not make their contribution any less important or valuable. it is everyone's individual choice about what they do with their time. we should try to respect everyone's personal opinion without letting our own egos get in the way, especially when they have done nothing to indicate any immaturity. Maharaj dwells in everyone. we should also remember that Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji was physically very young but with much greater spiritual knowledge than all of us.

divorce only becomes an issue when one or both partners do not follow Gurbani. i have also never seen any Gursikh couple file for divorce, but then Gursikh implies that they follow Gurbani and Maharaj's Will, and that in itself can be really difficult for us.

~l~

just because some of the people on this forum are young does not make their contribution any less important or valuable. it is everyone's individual choice about what they do with their time. we should try to respect everyone's personal opinion without letting our own egos get in the way, especially when they have done nothing to indicate any immaturity. Maharaj dwells in everyone. we should also remember that Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji was physically very young but with much greater spiritual knowledge than all of us.

divorce only becomes an issue when one or both partners do not follow Gurbani. i have also never seen any Gursikh couple file for divorce, but then Gursikh implies that they follow Gurbani and Maharaj's Will, and that in itself can be really difficult for us.

~l~

i love you bhainjeee :D

Vaheguru

Johnny Veerjee, it all depends upon the situation.

These days, people tend to divorce over the simplest of things. If there is a problem such as alcohol abuse, physical abuse, etc. Something that seriuos should and can result in Divorce.

Think it out seriuosly if this is the right decision. Is this a problem that your wife and yourself can solve?

In my opinion, Divorce in sikhi ISNT wrong if it involves something as seriuos as physical, alcohol, drug, abuse, etc.

bull chaak maauf karnee.

umm..hold on...i dont see how 'phyiscal, alcohol, drug abuse etc' can be put with 'sikhi'

this dont make no sense to me...

if someone is a sikh...and has a sikh marriage...then why all this nonsense...?

like i mean.. 2 sikhs= NO physical abuse, NO aclohol abuse, NO drug abuse, NO ABUSE whatsoever!!!

so...the question: "is it allowed in sikhi" dont seem like the correct question.... :D

and to the person who started the topic: sikhis view on divorce is WRONG...its a NO NO...its not looked upon by sikhs.

and as ive said before... a divorce between 2 Gursikhs, i have yet to see

he asked.. the question..

is divorce amongst two sikhs wrong in sikhi..

NOT

is divorce amongst two gursikhs wrong in sikhi..

because obviously being gursikhs they would have no reason to divorce..

the word 'sikh' is used very lightly in todays society bhainjee..

think about it.. :D sorry if i offended you with my post

~l~

i love you bhainjeee :D

lol she's gooooooood :D Go singhni go!!

heart you shouldn't be worrying about this kind of mature stuff, you are like 13-15 worry about finishing your homework.

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

question still stands

QUOTE(KFI @ Dec 26 2006, 03:43 AM) *

Most of you teens have no idea what marriage is, yet you find it groovy to talk about divorce.

It doesn't matter if a couple are strong in sikhi, Divorce is something different.

haha, so why dont you explain why "Divorce is something different"..

because clearly.. us "TEENS" dont know what marriage is.

Its ur big shot KFI.. explain why divorce is something different..

could u please answer what she asked?thanks

well said HKW

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

thx KKL blush.gif

personally, this is complex and we cant just limit it to drinking or w/v...it can and does extend beyond that...u can see ppl of other faiths (not religious) that have really solid marriages too...like i sed b4 it depends on pplz ability to understand and mos importantly COMPROMISE!!!!

lack of compromise, lack of understanding, not listening/sharing ( no open communication), a need to control every situation, etc... are a few other reasons ppl have divorced over..they may seem minute but we have to realize the psychological impact of these kinds of things...overtime, the frustration builds up b/w ppl and they call it off (not to mention the added frustration of other things that they might find in their relationship or life in general)...yes u shud do everything to clear up these problems.... but, for example, say the other person was just too stubborn with everything and always thought they were right, no willingness to compromise or understand.. leading their partner to feel like the underdog in the relationship

ok that was a totally hypothetical example (too much dr phil ???), but it shows how sumthing that seems so minor cud have a psychological toll on two ppl which leads to ---> divorce.

another example off the top of my head (how am i coming up with these lol):

both partners not being able to agree on a lot of things ie: parenting (disciplining kids, etc..)

i read or hurd somewhere that the worst point in a marriage is when ppl are raising kids ..so logically, if the couple dont agree on parenting then that just makes it worse because at that point their marriage is centered around the kids mostly, thats where they spend most of their time when they're together (with the kids)

so alot of arguements are likely to crop up again and again leading to no compromise and a recurring problem!!

basically, it comes down to compromise i think...people alwayz say i cant wait to get married and have a family etc...which is kool but they fail to look at all aspects of a marriage...here comes the surprise: you wont always see eye to eye and yes you will have ATLEAST a few arguements, which is healthy actually, if both ppl are willing to listen and are understanding .....anywhooo... its important to realize so you're not shocked when u do have to face those situations ....if you dont realize earlier on, how will you deal with problems that arise? will you run away? will you get really hurt and not be the same again? will you get a divorce? if we all prepare beforehand then we can deal with situations like mature individualz and come to a resolution with, u guessed it, COMPROMISE!!!! so u can live happily ever after :D ...

but remember not everyone has the ability to realize and compromise or change their wayz ..so maybe not happily ever after..sometimez :sady: lol

ok went on a bit of a tangent :D but my main point iz:

theres a lot that comes into play wen u speak of divorce and even practising sikhs can face these problems...the problems not being limited to abuse (drug, physical, emotional....) instead it can be more psychological as well..

pce :devil: