It Was A Lie

Prem

Prem, consider some self-esteem counseling.

buddasingh, with all due respect, I don't object to anything you say, any of the points you make, you are free to make them and there's much food for thought in what you say. But please don't be so obnoxious lest you wish me to make suggestions as to what you need to do in return. Don't make personal comments about me like that, OK? You are a very articulate man who talks respectfully and intelligently and you make me think deeply about your points and so you don't need to sling base lame-brain insults in order to make your point like some of the hysterical teenagers that post here.

Merry Kissmas.

Guru Fateh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too is upset at what has happened. People has been saying that he is only 15 but still..how old was our youngest Guru?

I think we should all calm down! We are wasting too much time on topics like this! What difference will it make if everyone says how upset etc etc they are? At the end of the day we should accept what has happened (God's will) and try and help people like these!

Fateh

It is certianly not a good news that this has turned out to be a lie.

At times when on one hand Gursiks are using all that they can to promote sikhi such incidents do not really help.

On the other hand what has been done has been done. We can not rewind the time back. But what has been learnt from this.

We (inlcuding me) all have a tendency to force into runnings before we discuss the situation. Understood that this "ACT" was done. But before the protest and all the ho-ha was done, did anyone organising the protest spoke to the "so called victim" or his family to get a first hand story. Did the organisers of taking this to media (including their local Gurudwara) really took on a responsibility of doing their home work before going out; knowing that such incidents are quite common. I dont know but just asking common sense questions.

The point that I am trying to make is lack of organistaional skills in ME(our community), and time after time we jump into these things. Remeber the incident of a sikh boy gettting beaten up by some somalis in Southall a few earlier this year. And there are other incidents. There is a lot of noise and then nothing.

We all need to put on our thinking TURBANS on and start to lessen our fist thought. Also follow up; no body bothers to follow theses issues up until they come up again.

Hmmmmmm the shabad ringing in my head right now "Galin Jog Na Hoyi......" and as I am living in the west "God helps those who help themselves".

Hope you get my drift.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Fateh. . . . .. .....................

Fateh

It is certianly not a good news that this has turned out to be a lie.

At times when on one hand Gursiks are using all that they can to promote sikhi such incidents do not really help.

On the other hand what has been done has been done. We can not rewind the time back. But what has been learnt from this.

We (inlcuding me) all have a tendency to force into runnings before we discuss the situation. Understood that this "ACT" was done. But before the protest and all the ho-ha was done, did anyone organising the protest spoke to the "so called victim" or his family to get a first hand story. Did the organisers of taking this to media (including their local Gurudwara) really took on a responsibility of doing their home work before going out; knowing that such incidents are quite common. I dont know but just asking common sense questions.

The point that I am trying to make is lack of organistaional skills in ME(our community), and time after time we jump into these things. Remeber the incident of a sikh boy gettting beaten up by some somalis in Southall a few earlier this year. And there are other incidents. There is a lot of noise and then nothing.

We all need to put on our thinking TURBANS on and start to lessen our fist thought. Also follow up; no body bothers to follow theses issues up until they come up again.

Hmmmmmm the shabad ringing in my head right now "Galin Jog Na Hoyi......" and as I am living in the west "God helps those who help themselves".

Hope you get my drift.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Fateh. . . . .. .....................

Protesting is not the answer to all our problems. Its good that our bubble has been burst. I think people need a reality check. A few people cannot make decisions for the majority. Instead the majority decises what the few do. It looked as if it was a race to do the protest. The situation was compared to Bhai Taru Singh. This guilt trip philosophy needs to stop and we need to work together rather that a few people trying to make the majority guilty for not being SIKHS. People turned up to something which at the end of the day was a profile building exercise for a group of people.

OH RAAABA MAIN TAAN BAARBAAD HOGIYA!! *Beats chest*

OK, it was false. But still let us commend all those that went out in support. Sikhs should remain united. We have other major things to contend with.

Gur Fateh!

Lets get a grip people. Yes this is a lesson for Sikhs. However, why in the world should there be collective embarrassment. This is one 15 year old. Does the police that investigated the incident express embarrassment for believing the boy? The police knew of the gravity of the situation, they had access to interviews and evidence.

There were stories previously that should have led to doubt. I definitely had my doubts and was skeptical about protests. However I don’t blame those who tried to support. Paid professional investigators ie. the police, should have been able to pick up on the truth far sooner. It would have taken very little for them. We don’t blame the police for not doing so, why do we blame those for protesting?

On that note, I’d like to know if the police assured any Sikhs that the story was legit. I know in the past, there was mischief with a coordinated effort in pushing ahead such a story with police/media complicity when it was quite certain that it was a hoax and the known conclusion would be to turn back against “Sikhs forcing kids”.

Prem, consider some self-esteem counseling. You are sounding like you are either destroyed by this or giddy just underneath the surface. The media is going to do their thing because western media in general is a racist institution. Let it be water off a ducks back. There is a collective guilty conscience amongst the mainstream which at times makes an effort and at times is immature.

For every person who maintains or disposes of their identity, racism is a reality. For any ounce of misdirected force of parents there is a tonne of societal racism which plays a part. That is the reality.

Sikhs, the kids, and others in society are all victims of this lie. The racist attacks in the modern age don’t often come in the form of physical violence. However they come under the guise of thought, journalism etc. Be very aware of what is really going on in the media now in relation to this incident. Is the issue “sikh parents forcing kids” or is the issue “the pressure and racism of sikhs being so extreme that a 15 year old would harm himself”?

Beautifully written. Really thought-provoking.

Giving this a bump because everyone should read this.

• 2 weeks later...