What Should This Husband Do?

Jassika

When my friend was 24 he shaved his beard because his uncles in canada pushed him to do so in order to get a job etc. A few months later he got married to a girl who told him her conditions for marriage were that she wants a guy that doesnt drink and doesnt have a turban.

Now in his heart he wants beard & turban he feels incomplete without it as a sikh and feels the time is right now. he's been growing his beard for 8 months and his wife's been complaining saying she's uncomfortable travelling with him etc.

The rest of his family including his in-laws has turbans but she is totally against it. They have a kid about 3 yrs old and he wants to set a good example.

How can he get peace in his house and also keep his hair????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if sikhi is so dear to him, why did he marry a kuri who's first condition was she wanted a clean shave guy??? i'm sure he could've said no.

buh thats in the past now, whats done is done. if there is anyone that can change his wife's mind, its dhan guru granth sahib ji. tell him to start doing sukhmani sahib paath and do ardaas everyday that his whole family be blessed with sikhi. waheguru

guru kirpa karey.

We are blessed in this life with the opportunity to embrace Sikhi. If you feel you are ready then take the steps, and let maharaj deal with the rest. A person who comes between a Gursikh and their Guru is not a good person..

She can like it or lump it, the worst she can do is stop talkin to him or move out, but then she wouldnt due to what would people say. If the kid asked, she cant say, i moved out because daddy was keeping his kesh as per the Gurus Hukham. It makes HER look like the dumb one. Either way, what ever happens, keep kesh and build the relationship with Maharaj. As said, HE takes care of everything.

try some fake sant baba.. women usually listen to them tongue.gif
not being sexist buh he right about that lol give the baba some money and tell him to say that your husband should keep kesh or .......... tongue.gif

I think this issue is very difficult I dont know if anyone can think of a good answer.

I see people are being disrespectful towards her but thats not helping. She is right in a way because she had that simple condition BEFORE marriage. I already thought maybe we could change her mind somehow but i dont see how. she is quite stubborn.