O Mera Viah Ho Gaya !

Guest s133k_s1kh

Guest s133k_s1kh

hehe.. didn't the title make you clik and see whts inside tongue.gif .

anyways the question ..

why is it dat parents always look for a girl/guy younger/older than their son/daughter for marriage ?

Oh and the height too.. why should the guy be taller thn the bibi.

cuz indian parents want their son/daughter to have the "PERFECT" suitable match and in their eyes .. THIS is perfect....

.. indian parents also have a bad habit of thinking "what would others think about this.." rather than "is this acceptable in sikhi terms..

the answer to if this is acceptable in sikhi .. all this does not matter.. as long as both their jeevans match and wit guru jis kirpaa they will live a wonderful gursikhi jeevan full of love and devotion.

just my two cents..

cuz indian parents want their son/daughter to have the "PERFECT" suitable match and in their eyes .. THIS is perfect....

.. indian parents also have a bad habit of thinking "what would others think about this.." rather than "is this acceptable in sikhi terms..

the answer to if this is acceptable in sikhi .. all this does not matter.. as long as both their jeevans match and wit guru jis kirpaa they will live a wonderful gursikhi jeevan full of love and devotion.

just my two cents..

Jaspaul Singh Ji you always give the bestest advice in marriage related threads; which you always comment on, it seems like you have seen alot in this feild.

You Should write a book "Sikh Marriages for Dummies" :D

Guest s133k_s1kh

Jaspual veer i totally agree with wht you said and our life partners have already been chosen ( all HUKUM).

so would u'r parents look for a "PERFECT" match for u ? :D

and i dont think this is the case just with indian parents.

Jaspual veer i totally agree with wht you said and our life partners have already been chosen ( all HUKUM).

so would u'r parents look for a "PERFECT" match for u ? :D

and i dont think this is the case just with indian parents.

something called "sanjog"

but another question...

can they be changed(another topic but im too lazy to create one so hijackin urs)

whats "perfect"? :D

Guest s133k_s1kh

i have auntian talk about "sanjog" .. thy r like "sabb sanjoga di gal aa".. so i guess thy cant be chged :D .

hmm..whts "perfect" .. talk to any desi auntie..she'll tell u wht perfect means.. tongue.gif .

just my two cents..

Jaspaul Singh Ji you always give the bestest advice in marriage related threads; which you always comment on, it seems like you have seen alot in this feild.

You Should write a book "Sikh Marriages for Dummies" :D

hahahaha.. ohh come on .. i know nothing i just find some topics interesting .. tongue.gif

so would u'r parents look for a "PERFECT" match for u ?

hahaha.. theres no such thing as a perfect match but rather its a plague that covers 99% of indian families 'thoughts' .. but no .. eventhough my parents arent amritdhari i have made it clear that no culture base 'checkups' will be allowed !

and kaur_khalistani_lioness ji,

like i said there is no such thing as perfect just a 'curse' amongst the elders (men and women) of our families.. that a man/woman must have such qualities/habits/features so that their family will turn out "PERFECT" and their kids along wit generations to come will be "PERFECT" .. or in other words.. "Problem free"! :D

ok i have question to back in time a girl and boy got married at younger age some times at the age of 10 - 11 years .... so how can they be sure after 7 - 8 years guy will remain taller ....

and i think boy being older is a tradition .... dont know about height ....

hehe.. didn't the title make you clik and see whts inside tongue.gif .

anyways the question ..

why is it dat parents always look for a girl/guy younger/older than their son/daughter for marriage ?

Oh and the height too.. why should the guy be taller thn the bibi.

hmmmmmm i'm older than my fiance, by like nearly 2 years!! blush.gif lol makes me feel olllllllld hehe naw it's all good, not something that "bothered" our mums n' dads!