O Mera Viah Ho Gaya !

Guest s133k_s1kh

Guest s133k_s1kh
hmmmmmm i'm older than my fiance, by like nearly 2 years!! blush.gif lol makes me feel olllllllld hehe naw it's all good, not something that "bothered" our mums n' dads!

:TH: exceptions are always there.

the truth is even many gursikh parents look for thgs stated in the above post..age,h8,caste..etc. I knw of many gursikhs (in punjab) who openly ask for dowry and their demands are fulfilled. The same gursikhs try to find the "perfect match" from the same caste.

On one hand we say gursikhs believe in arranged marriages and on the other our elders won't ever disregard the factors mentioned above. as Jaspaul veer said..its a plague no.gif .

Somethg has to be done about this.. any suggestions :D . as thy say SIKHI is in the hands of youth, so should youth take the marriage issue in their hands aswell ?

a good stance could be you making sure your parents are not thinking about caste/beauty/age/looks etx.. but rather if he/she is amritdhari/sonordaughter of guru gobind singh and mata saahib kaur/would be a good fit in the family/and that they will only help further ones gursikhi life!

thats how it starts and in my case since im the oldest.. i do not want this to have a effect on my younger sisters.... so voice ur call!

eduction is the key and it starts in ur own family ..if ur strong goto family gatherings.. birthdays .. stay away from the wrong stuff and educate and be an example for others to look upon .. dun give in to idiotic superstitions and meaningless rituals..

just my two cents again .. :D

Guest s133k_s1kh
a good stance could be you making sure your parents are not thinking about caste/beauty/age/looks etx.. but rather if he/she is amritdhari/sonordaughter of guru gobind singh and mata saahib kaur/would be a good fit in the family/and that they will only help further ones gursikhi life!

but how do you plan on chging the thinking of parents? somewhere down there the CASTE plays a big big role in finding matches. No doubt thy find a gursikh match for you but trust me on this one - CASTE is always considered. If we dont talk bout it dont mean our folks ignore it.

chk any matrimonial site or newspaper, you'll find how caste plays a major role. you wont find many GURSIKH adds to start with, the ones you'll find will be like Jatt Gursikh, Khatri Gursikh, Ahluwaliya Gursikh. Its very rare to see where thy say " Caste No Bar". where it mentions "Caste No Bar" thy look for tall beautiful matches.

How would you deal with dat? would u find a match yourself and thn tell your parents bout tht or would u just marry someone of u'r parents choice?

What are sangats views on finding the righteous person by oneself?

hehe.. didn't the title make you clik and see whts inside tongue.gif .

anyways the question ..

why is it dat parents always look for a girl/guy younger/older than their son/daughter for marriage ?

Oh and the height too.. why should the guy be taller thn the bibi.

hmmmmmm i'm older than my fiance, by like nearly 2 years!! blush.gif lol makes me feel olllllllld hehe naw it's all good, not something that "bothered" our mums n' dads!

dats coz both of u look sooo cute..

lol

OMG i dint knooo!!! hawwwww LOL

but how do you plan on chging the thinking of parents? somewhere down there the CASTE plays a big big role in finding matches. No doubt thy find a gursikh match for you but trust me on this one - CASTE is always considered. If we dont talk bout it dont mean our folks ignore it.

chk any matrimonial site or newspaper, you'll find how caste plays a major role. you wont find many GURSIKH adds to start with, the ones you'll find will be like Jatt Gursikh, Khatri Gursikh, Ahluwaliya Gursikh. Its very rare to see where thy say " Caste No Bar". where it mentions "Caste No Bar" thy look for tall beautiful matches.

How would you deal with dat? would u find a match yourself and thn tell your parents bout tht or would u just marry someone of u'r parents choice?

What are sangats views on finding the righteous person by oneself?

Veer, that is what i was saying before... trust me i know all of these caste issues and problems.. its like 99% of my family! ..but that is why i say we ALL must start wit our own families first .. thats the starting point.. its hard yes but its not impossible..

for example..

my dad .. reli hardcore into caste.. but i have had MANY .. and i mean MANY arguments with him and the rest of my family regarding caste in general that we must not believe in it but rather that we are all sons and daughters of the same father/mother! Since my dads not amritdhari or even kesdhari kinda hard to convince and talk and prove my points.. but it wasnt impossible..

now that it will be my time for marriage in the next couple of years, they have agreed wit me that from 'our' side, caste will play no barrier, eventhough 'we' would love if you would marry in caste but if you find someone out of caste that is ok wit us as long as the other side agrees..

and this came out from someone who was reli 110% into caste.. so its never impossible..

i come from a 'ramgharia' or a tharkan background and trust me i got a lot of stories to go along wit my 'caste' experiences.. haha :D

Hey congrats and just to ask aren't you really young like 18 or something...sorry to ask its just that i only remember you as the paneer girl cos you said it looked like baby puke. lol.

how u doin paneer girl grin.gif ..i didnt know that about u gurj panji :D hmm no she is not 18. she lookz like it but dont fall for her looks :D (ok im ready for chiiitaars from u rolleyes.gif )

hehe.. didn't the title make you clik and see whts inside tongue.gif .

anyways the question ..

why is it dat parents always look for a girl/guy younger/older than their son/daughter for marriage ?

Oh and the height too.. why should the guy be taller thn the bibi.

dats coz both of u look sooo cute..

lol

OMG i dint knooo!!! hawwwww LOL

lol cute da lagda hahaha wait for him to get back off of his holiday!! yaaaay i cant waitttt, pressssies for me hehe :wubc:

and to sitargirl lol 18 i wishhhhhh im a buddhi now!! 23! but paneer still looks like baby puke during the cooking process ewwwwww lol

and kaur_khalistani_lioness lol koi na just you wait, il catch up with you soon!! talking of age, hmmmmm im sure it was someone's birthday not so long ago!!