The Sikh Federation (uk) & Young Sikhs (uk) ::unique 2007 Year Planner::

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The Sikh Federation (UK) and Young Sikhs (UK)

have produced a

-YEAR PLANNER for 2007-

titled:

'NEVER FORGET SIKH SACRIFICES FOR FREEDOM AND JUSTICE.'

Those that have seen an image of the online version of the planner believe there will be significant demand for it. A request has been made for the Administrative Team on Sikh Sangat to attach an appropriate image of the planner.

The planner has been designed a bit differently to show the images of around 40 individual Shaheed Singhs from recent times. Where possible the images have been shown on the actual day when the Singhs attained their Shaheedi.

Unlike a calendar, that may have dates on the side, the planner with images makes a much bigger impact in making people think about the sacrifices of the Shaheed Singhs and their jeevani. Hopefully, the planner will provide a new impetus for all to remember and reflect on these sacrifices for freedom and justice.

To make the planner more thought provoking we have also added an appropriate message for each month. Namely:

Jan 07 - Freedom is knowing who you really are

Feb 07 - Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere

Mar 07 - The cause of freedom is the cause of God

Apr 07 - Bad things happen when good people do nothing

May 07 - You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless you have freedom

Jun 07 - June 1984 Amritsar massacre laid the foundation stone for Khalistan

Jul 07 - No justice for Sikhs in India

Aug 07 - Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves

Sep 07 - Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice. Khalistan is the only solution

Oct 07 - We will never forget 1984

Nov 07 - Justice delayed is justice denied

Dec 07 - India can never extinguish the calls for Sikh freedom and independence

It is hoped the Year Planner will be available on New Year's Eve in a number of Gurdwaras in Barking, Bedford, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Coventry, Derby, East Ham, Gravesend, Ilford, Leamington, Leeds, Leicester, Nottingham, Seven Kings, Slough, Smethwick, Southall, Southampton, Tividale, Walsall, Wednesfield, West Brom, Willenhall and Wolverhampton.

A special appeal is made to younger Sikhs in the UK, in particular students at University, to ensure they pick up copies of the planner for fellow Sikh students.

Sikhs throughout the UK should also try and ensure the planner is put up in as many Gurdwaras and Gurdwara Committee rooms as possible as a constant reminder. Hopefully, this will result in positive parchar on some of the key dates.

We are happy to work with Sikhs in other countries, such as the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand to make this a bigger and better worldwide initiative next year.

SIKH FEDERATION (UK) & YOUNG SIKHS (UK)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i hva eone from the ISYF an old calendar with beautiful portraits of the shaheeds its a giant calendar 4rm back in da day

Very good collectable that one is now...

The new calendar is also very beautiful with pictures of our great Shaheed Singh's that gave their lives for our freedom. Dhaas thinks you will really like it if you liked the beautiful old I.S.Y.F. one. It is a very unique design this time as there is a picture of a Shaheed Singh on their individual Shaheedi date to remind and inspire Sikhs when they have a look at a particular day...

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Guest militant singh

WjkkWjkF I have one query How come the Shaheedi Date of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale isnt there on June 6th,I dont want to go into a debate over wether hes alive or dead,cos he has been decared shaheed and he wasnt the typea singh 2 run off,is it cos sum peepz still fink hes alive(when hes shaheed) or is it another reason....................................And wasnt Harminder Sandhu a government agent who was shot dead by singhs after they found out he was a mole.There was a discussion on this 6mnths back I think KhalsaForce knws the strory nt sure This following link supports my claim http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:mVts2...lient=firefox-a

WjkkWjkF I have one query How come the Shaheedi Date of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale isnt there on June 6th,I dont want to go into a debate over wether hes alive or dead,cos he has been decared shaheed and he wasnt the typea singh 2 run off,is it cos sum peepz still fink hes alive(when hes shaheed) or is it another..

wel.. lets not get into this debate shall we now :D

Just write "Shaheedi Day of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji" on your own calender

Problem solved lol :D

Guest militant singh
WjkkWjkF I have one query How come the Shaheedi Date of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale isnt there on June 6th,I dont want to go into a debate over wether hes alive or dead,cos he has been decared shaheed and he wasnt the typea singh 2 run off,is it cos sum peepz still fink hes alive(when hes shaheed) or is it another reason....................................And wasnt Harminder Sandhu a government agent who was shot dead by singhs after they found out he was a mole.There was a discussion on this 6mnths back I think KhalsaForce knws the strory nt sure This following link supports my claim http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:mVts2...lient=firefox-a

any ansewrs?