Hell?

davindervirk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior
My opinion is that Jamduts and alike are metaphors, and describes the state man can get himself/herself into when seduced by the 5 thieves.

Very true Randip Singh, the problem Sikhs have today is that they don’t understand symbolism and metaphors, in order for something to be tangible it must has an explainable existence, or a valid and logical explanation, in the time of our Gurus poetry and story telling was like mass media and was available to all.

<<< How can souls have hair???

A soul is a part of God, it doesn't have hair, it doesn't feel pain (as the nervous system the soul left behind is probably been cremated!!), it doesn't have a boundary or shape, even the concept of time does not exist for the soul. So using words like 'the soul travel to sach khand' is daft. The soul travelled on what? a bus !!

How do these these 'jamduts' take a soul there.

Do they have wings?

Do they use a map? or do they rely on GPS? >>>>

Bhai Sahib Ji, your posts are really funny.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji says :

Wadahans, First Mehla:

Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

So, if God hashair and a graceful nose do you not think his subjects also can have hair. Your concept of pain is based upon your experiences on Earth, we have no idea what beholds us beyond and what wonders there are, so to say that a soul has no nervous system is based on your physical experience here.

Maybe jamdhoots do have wings, or use a bus, maybe they just fly. 200 years ago if some one said that hundreds of people will fly together in containers for thousands of miles we would have laughed. In the same way to mock things you don’t know about is a little foolish, don’t you think?

Let me give an example.

Say you have a 2 dimensional world, say on a plain with an x / y axis. The beings living here only live on the flat plain and see 2D shapes.

If a 3D sphere was to wonder into their plain than what they would see is first a small dot, which then grows into a large circle (cross section of the sphere as it passes through their world) and then the circle becomes small into a dot and disappears. To the beings of this plain this would be a most extraordinary thing, for they cannot see the whole sphere but only a cross section of it as it passes through their world, they cannot explain it.

In the same way we live on a 3D world and there are many other plains, some that overlap us but when we see things or read things that are not of our world we mock and talk of buses and GPS’s.

My opinion is that Jamduts and alike are metaphors, and describes the state man can get himself/herself into when seduced by the 5 thieves.

Very true Randip Singh, the problem Sikhs have today is that they don’t understand symbolism and metaphors, in order for something to be tangible it must has an explainable existence, or a valid and logical explanation, in the time of our Gurus poetry and story telling was like mass media and was available to all.

I must say though that id people are comfortable with another way of understanding it then I say good luck

A good example of this is Dasam Granth.....Guruji could not make many of his newly formed Khalsa understand Sikh concepts.....so he refered back to Hindu mythology which they (the people) understood.

A manmukh committing a crime is bound to pay in the form of divine justice.

On earth, we pay for crime committed, if caught that is. Justice being delivered in courts of law.

What makes you think there is no court of divine justice in the after live. Dharam raj under the order of God is there as your judge.

Only naam can safe this manmukh.

Gurfateh!

Some interesting thing i heard from a really amazing gursikh.

Close your eyes and imagine this:

Youre sitting in ur bed about to die, and finally you do. Now imagine ur self going up, alone by your self. Up and out of the room. You keep going higher and higher. Up towards the sky. You can see ur entire neibourhood and then finally the whole country. You keep going. Higher and higher up into the sky. And finally you enter space, and you can see the whole world infront of you.

This is exactly how every person dies. Just thought people would find it interresting :TH:

Gurfateh!

Gurfateh!

Some interesting thing i heard from a really amazing gursikh.

Close your eyes and imagine this:

Youre sitting in ur bed about to die, and finally you do. Now imagine ur self going up, alone by your self. Up and out of the room. You keep going higher and higher. Up towards the sky. You can see ur entire neibourhood and then finally the whole country. You keep going. Higher and higher up into the sky. And finally you enter space, and you can see the whole world infront of you.

This is exactly how every person dies. Just thought people would find it interresting :TH:

Gurfateh!

How about this........how about in our lifetime we reach the staus of a Gurmukh....we are at one with God.....would that not be heaven on Earth? ..................and when we die our body/matter (molecules etc), become part of the Universe once more, only to reform into something else.....and our life force is merged with the one true Lord.

Now imagine the opposite to this.

<<< How about this........how about in our lifetime we reach the staus of a Gurmukh....we are at one with God.....would that not be heaven on Earth? ..................and when we die our body/matter (molecules etc), become part of the Universe once more, only to reform into something else.....and our life force is merged with the one true Lord. >>>>

This ain't gonna happen to 99.9% of us, only the very lucky few. the rest of us will be going thru more births and deaths.

By the way Randip, you have a very beautiful picture of Baba Deep singh Ji on your account. Was Baba Ji's head separated from his body and he kept on fighting? or is this a metaphore also ?

This ain't gonna happen to 99.9% of us, only the very lucky few. the rest of us will be going thru more births and deaths.

Whatever happened to the optomistic Chardiankalan attitude................you got to learn to be more optomistic Bandha ji. tongue.gif:)

By the way Randip, you have a very beautiful picture of Baba Deep singh Ji on your account. Was Baba Ji's head separated from his body and he kept on fighting? or is this a metaphore also ?

Firstly let us define metaphor:

Definition

Here are two senses of metaphor:

A metaphor is the expression of an understanding of one concept in terms of another concept, where there is some similarity or correlation between the two.

A metaphor is the understanding itself of one concept in terms of another.

Examples (English)

The following sentences illustrate how the metaphorical understanding of anger-as-fire is expressed:

Your insincere apology just added fuel to the fire.

After the argument, Dave was smoldering for days.

That kindled my ire.

Boy, am I burned up!

My personal belief is that the Guru's and everyone connected with the Guru's never performed miracles......why would they have to .........their deeds and words were a miracle in themselves.

As for Baba Deep Singh ji, I believe he was fataly wounded wit a deep gash to his neck, but still carried on fighting. This made it appear as if his head was seperated. If people want to believe his head was seperated and he carried it thats fine...................but for me the fact he carried on fighting despite the fatal wounds to his neck personifies the Chardian Kalan attitude.

So I don't think using the word metaphor is appropriate in this instance.

Best Wishes