Learning Kirtan

ParwinderSingh

Vahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh

saad sangat ji

i know this may be far fetched but iv learnt my sa re ga ma etc on the vaja, n iv managed to learn a shabad from my bro by looking at what keys he presses and getiting the timing right. only problem is my vaja is really really naff and cheap (apparently we got ripped of in india by the music shop guy lol) where as my bros is a professional ragi vaja if u get me.

anyway i was wondering if anyone wants to put up on the forum the keys to any shabad so us less fortunate who dont have kirtan lessons at the gurudwara can learn from home.

it would be good if someone could tell me the keys for doing naam simran, iv tried making them myselves, but im not that aquainted to the vaja yet.

Bhul chuk Di Kima

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...esson&hl=en

Here you go veer ji... this one is for simran... there is more as well for different shabads, once you click on this, and then look to the right, and there's a whole list of shabads that you can learn on the vaja... daas doesn't know who created this initially, but it was a great idea... hope this helps ji...

thank you thats soo awesome!

its been ages since i had someone sit with me teach me kirtan :sady: this made me forget the simran that i learned from this veer ji arrgh (very short memo) now i wont hve an excuse :D

but i have one question. what is the tall (tabla) that is played with the shabds? i tried to do shabd with bhai sahib from gurdwara but his beat didnt go along with the shabd or the way me and my friend were doin the kirtan with waja. it was soo off the beat blush.gif

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

yep thats kerwa, i can vouch for that :D in the video its kerwa, dha ge na ti, na ge dha ti tongue.gif If that makes any sense to you lol

really basic and easy actually. does the bhai sahib know tabla? :devil: cause if he ususally plays ok it might be the case where you guys were going off beat :@ its best to ask him :D

• 2 weeks later...

oh thank you .. i will see if bhai sahib will do that for me. he does play tabla but the thing was he was playing the tabla accrding to the way he had sung that shabd not the way i learned it from this other veer ji! so was bit embarrassing. he kept on tellin us diff keys(the way hadn;t learned).

im sorry didnt think i had asked a question. totally forgot!

thank you again! papi "ji" lolz and ramneet singh!

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh!