I Like Him!

Guest a singhni

First of all you are not horrible for liking people, its' normal you a GIRL, naturally you are going to like a guy. Another thing, you damn right we Singhs in Canada look good. :D :cool: (I just had the urge to say that LOL. :D )

Anyways, what you need to do sister is keep yourself occupied by the things you need to do. For example, your studies, the gym, part time work, etc. Also, when it comes to Sikhi sometimes its' hard to concentrate, but if you keep at it, sooner or later it will phase out. You are probably a teenager so you have the age of being "infauted" (sp?) with people. It happens. At least, you did not do anything wrong, so big up to you for that. If you like him so much, why don't you just tell him you do, I know the sangat on here will kill me for that. rolleyes.gif But I am actually being honest, sometimes what we see is what we get. If you really think this is not infautation, but you REALLY like the person than speak up. What is the most he going to say, I am not into that kind of stuff. After that, you can at least go back to concentration on your sikhi, and everyday lives rather than thinking about and picking roses and saying "he loves, he loves me not" and all that BS.

Hopefully we can get FEMALES perspectives on here.

haha...im still waiting for the day a singhnee becomes a member of a fitness gym

come on singhnees !!!

hit the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

LOL. I can't stop laughing at that man. Its' funny, but its' sad at the same time. :@:)no.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slok mÚ 3 ]

salok ma 3 ||

Salok, Third Mehla:

iDRgu eyh Awsw dUjy Bwv kI jo moih mwieAw icqu lwey ]

dhhrig eaeh aasaa dhoojae bhaav kee jo mohi maaeiaa chith laaeae ||

Cursed are the hopes in the love of duality; they tie the consciousness to love and attachment to Maya.

hir suKu pl@ir iqAwigAw nwmu ivswir duKu pwey ]

har sukh palhar thiaagiaa naam visaar dhukh paaeae ||

One who forsakes the peace of the Lord in exchange for straw, and forgets the Naam, suffers in pain.

mnmuK AigAwnI AMDuly jnim mrih iPir AwvY jwey ]

manamukh agiaanee a(n)dhhulae janam marehi fir aavai jaaeae ||

The ignorant self-willed manmukhs are blind. They are born, only to die again, and continue coming and going.

kwrj isiD n hovnI AMiq gieAw pCuqwey ]

kaaraj sidhh n hovanee a(n)th gaeiaa pashhuthaaeae ||

Their affairs are not resolved, and in the end, they depart, regretting and repenting.

ijsu krmu hovY iqsu siqguru imlY so hir hir nwmu iDAwey ]

jis karam hovai this sathigur milai so har har naam dhhiaaeae ||

One who is blessed with the Lord's Grace, meets the True Guru; he alone meditates on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

nwim rqy jn sdw suKu pwiein@ jn nwnk iqn bil jwey ]1]

naam rathae jan sadhaa sukh paaeinih jan naanak thin bal jaaeae ||1||

Imbued with the Naam, the humble servants of the Lord find a lasting peace; servant Nanak is a sacrifice to them. ||1||

==================================================================

kbIr mnu jwnY sB bwq jwnq hI Aaugnu krY ]

kabeer man jaanai sabh baath jaanath hee aougan karai ||

Kabeer, the mortal knows everything, and knowing, he still makes mistakes.

kwhy kI kuslwq hwiQ dIpu kUey prY ]216]

kaahae kee kusalaath haathh dheep kooeae parai ||216||

What good is a lamp in one's hand, if he falls into the well? ||216||

guru kirpa karey

Gurufateh!

'Singh With Dunalli' Veer Ji ur well funniiii LOL.gifLOL.gif

as for this topic - ur not horrible Bhenji - ur just human - and i know what u mean - im not a Singhni (u know not Amritdhari) BUT i guess every girl has a crush on a guy at some time - and just like u said - Singhs are much more attractive than well general blokes lol - i think 'Singh With Dunalli' Veer Ji has told you mostly what you should do :TH:

Gurufateh!

Guest s133k_s1kh
i havent been able to concentrate on doing simran. BEcuase of a singh. all i can say is he lives in toronto. and im not. In fact. not even in canada!

the thing is. he is so queit! all he does is sit in the diwan hall. he doesnt talk to girls. its annoying i ask him a question or anyone else asks him a question. he gives a short reply and walks away. But i really like this guy and i dont know whow to get it out of my head

He is in toronto, you are not in Canada ..still u see him sittin in the diwan hall :D . seems like u knw a lot about this SINGH tongue.gif . Anywaysssssss...if you feel its about time to get married then talk to your parents so dat one day u and da Singh can do SIMRAN together :D .

aww bhenji has a crushhhhhhhhhhh :D , i think its a fact that this happens to every1 sooner or later,

hm... iunno if this will work and its usually my answer to most things but call him bhaji .. i think it'll zap the likin thing right outa u grin.gif ..... hopefully, if that doesn't work UP the SIKHI. I would've also maybe told u to tell him , cause he could help ya also, but he seems rlyy shy and u might like make him go crazyy with the whole i like u thing , if hes thatt shy around gurls :T: :T: hope it helps, prob won't but i tried blush.gif

My response is going to come across as being "harsh", but I think you need to hear it to counter all the "Aww, you have a crush, how cute!" responses you've received thus far.

You posted as "a singhni", so I'm going to respond to you as one singhni to another.

Your "feelings" for this singh are inappropriate. It might be common for people to have attractions and we might even say that most people go through something like this at one point or another, but that doesn't make it right. It is against Gurmat and no doubt, it's going to affect your Sikhi. Doing this in sangat, at smagams, is so wrong, as you know, so please, stop.

You've stated that: "i liked one singh one samagam. and then another seems cute at another samaagam"

This statement has the word INAPPROPRIATE written all over it. Don't look at guys when you're at keertans. Please. Most definately, don't judge them on who's cute or cuter -- they are your brothers. Before going to a keertan program, figure out why you're going and then evaluate what you've gained by going. If you're not gaining anything but new crushes, maybe it's time for you to think this through again. Maybe go and sit at the back of the sangat where you can't see any singh's face and no singh can see you, or sit in the keertan and then leave immediately afterwards without chit-chatting so that you're leaving with the laaha of the keertan rather than the social aspect or opportunity to mingle with singhs that often follows keertans and smagams. If this doesn't work either, then maybe you should take a break from smagams until you can better control your mind/eyes. Sure, you'll be missing out on the laaha of keertan, but if you use that time for naam and baani on your own, maybe with a group of singhnis, you'll probably gain more than you would if you sit through a keertan eyeing singhs and trying to determine who's cuter.

The fact that you have a "crush" on one singh and then another, shows that this isn't about the singhs you feel "attracted" to. This isn't really attraction. It's about you trying to fill a void of some sort within yourself. Most people do it by attaching themselves and their thoughts to a person. A Gursikh would do it by attaching themselves and their thoughts to Guru Sahib. The biggest piece of advice anyone can give you is to DO MORE PAATH. Controlling our mann is difficult, but that's why we have the tools of naam and baani. Put them to good use. And please, don't misuse venues like smagams where Gursikhs should gather for gurmat reason. Developing or sustaining crushes is not one of them.

My response is going to come across as being "harsh", but I think you need to hear it to counter all the "Aww, you have a crush, how cute!" responses you've received thus far.

You posted as "a singhni", so I'm going to respond to you as one singhni to another.

Your "feelings" for this singh are inappropriate. It might be common for people to have attractions and we might even say that most people go through something like this at one point or another, but that doesn't make it right. It is against Gurmat and no doubt, it's going to affect your Sikhi. Doing this in sangat, at smagams, is so wrong, as you know, so please, stop.

You've stated that: "i liked one singh one samagam. and then another seems cute at another samaagam"

This statement has the word INAPPROPRIATE written all over it. Don't look at guys when you're at keertans. Please. Most definately, don't judge them on who's cute or cuter -- they are your brothers. Before going to a keertan program, figure out why you're going and then evaluate what you've gained by going. If you're not gaining anything but new crushes, maybe it's time for you to think this through again. Maybe go and sit at the back of the sangat where you can't see any singh's face and no singh can see you, or sit in the keertan and then leave immediately afterwards without chit-chatting so that you're leaving with the laaha of the keertan rather than the social aspect or opportunity to mingle with singhs that often follows keertans and smagams. If this doesn't work either, then maybe you should take a break from smagams until you can better control your mind/eyes. Sure, you'll be missing out on the laaha of keertan, but if you use that time for naam and baani on your own, maybe with a group of singhnis, you'll probably gain more than you would if you sit through a keertan eyeing singhs and trying to determine who's cuter.

The fact that you have a "crush" on one singh and then another, shows that this isn't about the singhs you feel "attracted" to. This isn't really attraction. It's about you trying to fill a void of some sort within yourself. Most people do it by attaching themselves and their thoughts to a person. A Gursikh would do it by attaching themselves and their thoughts to Guru Sahib. The biggest piece of advice anyone can give you is to DO MORE PAATH. Controlling our mann is difficult, but that's why we have the tools of naam and baani. Put them to good use. And please, don't misuse venues like smagams where Gursikhs should gather for gurmat reason. Developing or sustaining crushes is not one of them.

Gurfateh!

wow your right u know Veerji / Bhenji *me - shameful* blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Gurufateh!