Crush

Guest Papi

Lately, I've read one too many posts along the lines of "I like him/her". On my way to work this morning, I was thinking, this maya is ever so strong, even gets full nitenemi, abhiyasi sikhs. what chance do I have? But then somewhere deep down, a thought arose, YOU dont have a chance at all, YOU are one weak, pathetic human, YOU can't fight this, if YOU try, YOU WILL loose, again and again, YOU will loose. Feeling really sad about the situtation, i sat there for a few minutes, pondering, but wasn't able to come to terms with it.

another thought, there is a pooran guru in this world, go to that guru, surrender to that guru, do what the guru tells you to do. if guru says, look at all as you look at your family, do it without another thought. if guru says gimme your mind, do it without another thought.

become a sikh of the guru, surrender yourself to the guru and then guru will fight your battles for you. All YOU have to do is surender.....

then i think, i can't just do it, i'm too weak. i can't give my mind to guru, i just can't. i want to, but i can't. the answer, ok fair enough. if YOU can't give yourself to guru, then do this, read more bani, read more bani, read more bani and a day will come when guru will simply just take your mind from you and you will only realize it after it's happened. YOU can't fight any battle with this ever so powerful maya, it has enticed the entire world.

mwieAw mmqw mohxI ijin ivxu dMqw jgu KwieAw ]

maaeiaa mamathaa mohanee jin vin dha(n)thaa jag khaaeiaa ||

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world.

Awvhu sMq ipAwirho AkQ kI krh khwxI ]

aavahu sa(n)th piaariho akathh kee kareh kehaanee ||

Come, Beloved Saints, let us speak the Unspoken Speech of the Lord.

krh khwxI AkQ kyrI ikqu duAwrY pweIAY ]

kareh kehaanee akathh kaeree kith dhuaarai paaeeai ||

How can we speak the Unspoken Speech of the Lord? Through which door will we find Him?

qnu mnu Dnu sBu sauip gur kau hukim mMinAY pweIAY ]

than man dhhan sabh soup gur ko hukam ma(n)niai paaeeai ||

Surrender body, mind, wealth, and everything to the Guru; obey the Order of His Will, and you will find Him.

[if the above can't be done then do the follwing........]

hukmu mMinhu gurU kyrw gwvhu scI bwxI ]

hukam ma(n)nihu guroo kaeraa gaavahu sachee baanee ||

Obey the Hukam of the Guru's Command, and sing the True Word of His Bani.

khY nwnku suxhu sMqhu kiQhu AkQ khwxI ]9]

kehai naanak sunahu sa(n)thahu kathhihu akathh kehaanee ||9||

Says Nanak, listen, O Saints, and speak the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. ||9||

edit: only if we would get a crush on our guru, then everything would just work out pray.gif but thats one BIG if :sady:

Having gone through a similar experience not too long ago, i can fully relate to all such posts. and thats the reason i tend to respond with gurbani. because afterall bani is the only remedy that will cure the diesase of maya.

bhul chuk maaf. guru rakha.

this reminds me of a incident from Sant Baba Harnam Singh ji RampurKhera wale. it mite be inaccuarte, as its bin a while since iv read the story, but bhai sahib was doing bhagti, and a young beautiful women started walking towards him. he describes her as the embodyment of maya took form, and started walking over towards him to tempt him. he says, he tries to use all of his abilities to try stopping her, thoughts, powers etc, but it would not work. he tried everything, but she was getting closer. in the end, he gave up, and did an ardas to Guru Sahib to save him, and then in that instant, Guru Amar Das ji gave him partak darshan, and stood infront of him, with his hand on bhai sahibs head. This is a clear example of the above post. the only way of defeating maya is by submitting to mahraaj. bhai sahib says that it is only by submitting that we can overcome things like this. stop trying to overcome it, and give yourself to ur Guru.

Forgive me if i have stated the story wrong. i am no 1 to give advice on any situation, as i am the worst here.

Vahigurujikakhalsa Vahigurujikifateh

Yes indeed, maya is everywhere. We are constantly in battle with our mind, instead of trying to fight these bad thoughts or intentions we have, REPLACE them with naam simran. This is kaljug, things are gonna keep getting worse, we need to all make our jeevans stronger, we need to keep amrit vela and rehit, and japp alot of naam simran. we need to discipline our mind, and do ardas to mahraj that he saves us all.

Please lets all do ardas for each other.

(p.s-stil dnt no how do use gurbani font)

gurmiq hir ilv aubry Ailpqu rhy srxwie ]

guramath har liv oubarae alipath rehae saranaae ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, some embrace love for the Lord, and are saved. They remain detached and unaffected, and they find the Sanctuary of the Lord.

kQnY khix n CutIAY nw piV pusqk Bwr ]

kathhanai kehan n shhutteeai naa parr pusathak bhaar ||

No one is saved by mere talk and speech, nor by reading loads of books.

kwieAw soc n pweIAY ibnu hir Bgiq ipAwr ]

kaaeiaa soch n paaeeai bin har bhagath piaar ||

The body does not obtain purity without loving devotion to the Lord.

nwnk nwmu n vIsrY myly guru krqwr ]8]9]

naanak naam n veesarai maelae gur karathaar ||8||9||

O Nanak, never forget the Naam; the Guru shall unite us with the Creator. ||8||9||

sorry if ive said anything wrong.

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh