How To Make A Difference

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

This is how the young sikhs might usher in a slow revolution

(i) Discard castist last names - upon being asked your got - answer your ancestors were the lowest of low castes but ever since they embraced khalsa they didnt have a caste any more. Refuse to participate in a discussion where caste is mentioned.

(Jo sikh kee puche jaat oh nahin mera sikh aad jugaad - GGS)

(ii) Join Amnesty/Human Rights watch or some other human rights group and bring to their knowledge all that was done to our people - a few thousand sikhs are still languishing in Indian jails without trial. (Upon request I can provide you with a power point presentation ).

(iii) Donate blood regularly and organize doantion drives with help of your local sangat. Also be ready for bone marrow / lung donation (for people suffering from CF ) (Mithya tan nahee parupkaraa ) ( A body that is not altruistic is false )

(iv) Do your dasbandh - Sponsor a child of a sikh shaheed. http://www.guraasra.com/ Other similar trusts are bhai dharam singh and mata gujari. (sukh hovat sukh det )

(v) Organize Free English classes for new immigrants at the local gurughar . Most of us have the advantage of knowing both punjabi and english. I personally believe gurughars should be community centers where people can learn gurmat philosophy, gurmat sangeet, sikh and other martial arts, yoga and may also provide affordable day care.

(vi) Start meditating on Ek Onkar in harmony with your breathing (I will post more on this technique in a seperate post). (sass sass simrat raha nanak daan paye)

(vii) Make gurmat research a mission of your life and share your findings with others.

(viii) Keep fighting fit - guru's khalsa should be tyar bar tyar, make running, pull ups and push ups a part of your weakly workouts.

(ix) Do time as a reservist with your country's forces - A khalsa is supposed to respect and have a thorough knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary arms. (Khalsa soye jo lare hoe age )

(x) Confront your fears - take part in adventurous activities. (Bhai kahu ko det nahin nah bhai manat aun )

Please contribute to this list with your suggestions.

we are in the period of 'kaljugh'

to be fair, there are many countries in the world with extremely poor human rights and people are being held for no reason across the world either for there religous or political beliefs - i think we should respect the fact that we are not the only religion that seems to be hard done by in terms of the amounts of people we have held in captivity (freedom fighters etc)

but i agree that we must carry on fighting towards the freedom of innocent sikhs behind bars, but theres always 2 sides to every story.

Guest Narinder Singh
we are in the period of 'kaljugh'

to be fair, there are many countries in the world with extremely poor human rights and people are being held for no reason across the world either for there religous or political beliefs - i think we should respect the fact that we are not the only religion that seems to be hard done by in terms of the amounts of people we have held in captivity (freedom fighters etc)

but i agree that we must carry on fighting towards the freedom of innocent sikhs behind bars, but theres always 2 sides to every story.

Veerji/panji, the fight for human rights isnt just for Sikh human rights. But is it really possible for a Sikh to fight for the rights of others when he or she cant even fight for their own rights?

How can Sikhs provide shelter for others when dont have shelter for themselves to begin with?

Fateh.

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Forgot to add - that all of us must also sign up for organ donation and keep the card on our person all the time.

Also first ceremony when a sikh passes away should be organ dontation.

I'd appreciate other people's ideas.