Back From Punjab

I must say it's refreshing to see such a educational post in the forum. DOn't get me wrong this is a sad sad step for Panjabi and Sikhs in Panjab as they are the ones who are at the forefront. However, the objective is to educate and improve and on this front I think we have to credit the www.SikhGiving.Com team. Read their press release on what they hav been doing...great work...and look at all the other messed up ways people are gettin "a high." [featured in SikhSpeak January Issue]

Coming from somone who has worked with ethnic minorities in drugs (in the UK); the problem stems from home...when we approached various religious institutions they all gave the same answer "it's not in our community" you couldnt be more wrong...it resulted in us making a Video on drugs for the Panjabi community....

Make sure you do visit SikhGiving.Com/Pr theres a great piece on their work...

Its not just alcohol consumption that is increasing but cross vorder drugs as well. Before punjab was just a transit point for drugs, but now its consumption is increasing by day. My dad is customs officer and he nabs atleast one smuggler every week..... most of times the person transporting contraband belongs to a well to do family in punjab and feel secure doing such stuff owing to their connections and to get easy money. The second group of transporters are NRI canadians, who coerce ppl to do their sins in return for taking them to canada. The money is big, one can get anywhere around 3-4 lakh rupees to transfer drugs from punjab border to other parts depending on quantity.... last month alone the largest cache of drugs in whole india ever was captured in punjab. 40kg of heroein worth 40 crore.... wonder where we are heading without a proper parchar......