I Dont Know How To Make Friends

Guest moo moo

Guest moo moo

this may seem a lil silly BUT ive read alot of posts by people givin advice to make friends with Gursikhs or people into Sikhi when you go to smagams etc meet people..they will be a good influnce..(by the way i am not Amritdharee but i don't cut my hair or anything)

HOW DO YOU JUST DO THAT THOUGH?

i go to smagams, youth programs all the time but i dont have any friends. maybe its because im a girl and its harder to approach other girls and their cliks whereas i duno for singhs u jus go up to anyone and start a convo rolleyes.gif lol haha.. but i would really love to make friends with inspiring youth but i just don't know how blush.gif going up to someone randomly and strikiing a convo seems kinda intimidating for me :cool: maybe its because i can be very shy at times...

ALSO...lets say i have met someone new through my friends and i mean obviously you're supposd to start joining in with everyone in order to ge accepted...but what if you're at the loss of words :sady: i just don't knw what to say..my mind goz blank..how cn people be so fun and engaging when they talk to people..nd people actually want to listen to them...i wish i were like that too blush.gif all i do is laugh at whats being said or just small talk or pretty much stand there and 'pretend' to be really into the conversation when in my mind im like "OMG I SHUD SAY SOMETHING ohmy.gif " ...LOL cn any one help me break out of my shell and perhaps help me make friends...

this is also a reason why i dont do keertan at youth programs..i dont know anyone and its just like..what's she doing here..who she? :@ kinda embarassin...so i just sit in the sangat and listen which is also fine :)

THANKS ERYBODYY rolleyes.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this may seem a lil silly BUT ive read alot of posts by people givin advice to make friends with Gursikhs or people into Sikhi when you go to smagams etc meet people..they will be a good influnce..(by the way i am not Amritdharee but i don't cut my hair or anything)

i go to smagams, youth programs all the time but i dont have any friends. maybe its because im a girl and its harder to approach other girls and their cliks whereas i duno for singhs u jus go up to anyone and start a convo rolleyes.gif lol haha.. but i would really love to make friends with inspiring youth but i just don't know how blush.gif going up to someone randomly and strikiing a convo seems kinda intimidating for me :@ maybe its because i can be very shy at times...

ALSO...lets say i have met someone new through my friends and i mean obviously you're supposd to start joining in with everyone in order to ge accepted...but what if you're at the loss of words :sady: i just don't knw what to say..my mind goz blank..how cn people be so fun and engaging when they talk to people..nd people actually want to listen to them...i wish i were like that too blush.gif all i do is laugh at whats being said or just small talk or pretty much stand there and 'pretend' to be really into the conversation when in my mind im like "OMG I SHUD SAY SOMETHING ohmy.gif " ...LOL cn any one help me break out of my shell and perhaps help me make friends...

this is also a reason why i dont do keertan at youth programs..i dont know anyone and its just like..what's she doing here..who she? :@ kinda embarassin...so i just sit in the sangat and listen which is also fine :)

Same here...except Im a shy Guy...who dont like Guy talk about Cars and engines and so on! So I kinda just stand there blank not knowing anyone nodding my head as if I know what is being said :cool: ....Ive given up on it though, I just go to listern to the Kirtan and thats it :TH: Its too Hard to make Gursikh/Sikh friends who already have establised Clicks, takes too much effort to get inside them and get "Inside Jokes" as they say!

manmitchera Ji what is PSP?

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fathe!

hmmm u no wa penji??? i used 2 b EXACTLY lyk dat. now i jus go up 2 ne1 n chat really randm stuff, o chat bou stuff lyk dat u seen em do if u no wa i mean, jus even if its really small but lyk randm, den u jus endup laffin bou it! i do, even doh iss really randm! n u shudnt b afraid o shy 2 do kirtan penj!!!! Guru Ji is wif u! das all u need!!!!!! but i say, even wif ppl u do kinda chat 2 now, jus bring up lil tings in convos, eveen if dey b totally randm! dat will engage em, den try dis tactic wif new ppl. n den dey'll carry on d convo hopefully, n den deres ur new frend! :) heehee. but i duno if NETIN iv sed has help but its all gd! gd luck penji! n dnt b SHY! kp smilin! b urself das d main ting swell! :@

tc! stay Chardi Kalla!

forgive me if iv sed netin rong :cool:

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fathe!!!!!!

i go to smagams, youth programs all the time but i dont have any friends. maybe its because im a girl and its harder to approach other girls and their cliks whereas i duno for singhs u jus go up to anyone and start a convo rolleyes.gif lol haha.. but i would really love to make friends with inspiring youth but i just don't know how blush.gif going up to someone randomly and strikiing a convo seems kinda intimidating for me :cool: maybe its because i can be very shy at times...

If you're from the Midlands (UK) try going to a Kaurageous meeting. They're really friendly and you'll meet lots of Singhnia from different walks of life coming together to discuss/learn more about Sikhi.

you dont need friends at all we should stay alone as much as possible and not be used be surrounded by people all the time when u start the 'inner journey' with the Guru as a guide you wont need any company of these false friends who back stab each other all time and then turn against you for some evil reason and when you put all your trust in them and then you feel all let down