6th Annual Yudh 07 Gatka Tournament

4givme4mysins

Guest baba amarjeet singh

hahahahahahaha

prabhdeep singh was baaaad

he didnt waste time, whilst he was posing the opponent was free to attack him, but decided not to

and prabhdeep would have won any way

what a great guy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think any1 shud be saying anythin bad about the players or the organisers of the gatka competition! I think its gr8 that such an event was organised, and it mustve taken time and effort 2 do it. like 2 see any of u do any better! and its not very nice 2 label some players better than others, at least they all tried! lets try not 2 do ustat here... every1 who took part tried nd well done 2 them. i totally agree with '4giveme4mysins'. How can u say ' was that tournament just for Butta singhs akhara'.. u no it obviously wasn't and its jus a silly comment 2 make! Sevadars did a great job nd i think ppl need 2 start appreciating things more.

I dont think any1 shud be saying anythin bad about the players or the organisers of the gatka competition! I think its gr8 that such an event was organised, and it mustve taken time and effort 2 do it. like 2 see any of u do any better! and its not very nice 2 label some players better than others, at least they all tried! lets try not 2 do ustat here... every1 who took part tried nd well done 2 them. i totally agree with '4giveme4mysins'. How can u say ' was that tournament just for Butta singhs akhara'.. u no it obviously wasn't and its jus a silly comment 2 make! Sevadars did a great job nd i think ppl need 2 start appreciating things more.

for someone hu didnt even attened the tournament, you seem to know an awful lot about it............................jaty's usin her riddia sidhia agen rolleyes.gif

Good tournament and respect to Khalsa Panth Akharra for what they are doing. For all the haters out there you have to remember that this gatka tournament is there gatka tournament and they are free to put it on in any way that they see fit. So take a deep breath, relax and ease up on Buta SIngh and company for trying to spread good vibes for Sikhs :)

It was my first year there and the akharra I belong to has only been doing gatka for 4 weeks prior to the tournament. We thought heck let's enter and see where it gets us. We went out first round in the team competition 3-2 which isn't too bad. We'll get better but it was a good eye-opener for us and experience.

The best fighter by far (in my inexperienced opinion) was a 6ft giant from Derby. This kid was only 21 and scared the living daylights out of whomever he faced and pretty much chased them out of the ring with his vaars. Unfortunately, he was disqualified for a strike to the head which you have to accept - referee's decision is final :) I should add thought that the guy from Southshields whom he was fighting that had to go off injured, returned and gave him a great retaliation almost beating him. I thought that summed up the dichotomy of gatka - mind and body as One.

We had a great day out though and finished off nicely at the soon-to-be-legendary Smethwick Sweet Centre Restaurant with 2 XL Pizzas and a veggie burgers and chips all round between the 4 of us fighters! Pukh luggee see... :cool: