Tony Montana

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest militant singh
General question to all. Do you see sharda or beadbi in the following pictures?

post-7225-1170949528.jpg

post-7225-1170949541.jpg

my personaly view cud do without the pictures the people reading bani is ok if u ask me

beadbi as sum kats are worshiping pics and 1 guys got a hindu hat on

From another angle, is that man with a “hindu hat” intentionally or maliciously carrying out an act of beadbi? Does he not also have a relationship with Gurbania? Do people like him not have the right to read Gurbani? From what little I know Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj broke and spoke out against the Brahmin monopoly on the knowledge of the Veds. Are we then not re-creating a Brahmin class by saying someone of another appearance cannot sit on the tabya?

These are the kind of issues that throw me, is one mans sharda another mans beadbi?

On the other hand if Sri Akaal Takht have issued a hukumnama stating that non-Sikhs cannot sit on the tabia then will that only apply to Gurdwaras, the grey are would be peoples homes, deras or temples. In practice many times a mona will be doing Chaur Sahib Sewa of Maharaj in a Gurdwara or non-amritdharis may be doing Raul Sewa during Sri Akhand Paths.

To me again its fantasticism against the pictures and of Akal takhat to say that non-amritdhari cant do kirtan etc etc, what if they go home and recite bani or do kirtan, will god think of them differently if they did it at home or anywhere else besides the stage, is the bani any less? I mean mardana was with Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj too, he was reciting bani too and he was muslim, but Guru Sahib didnt think any less of him.

Gurbani, doesnt matter who reads it, its still Gurbani, you cannot change it. I am a person who thinks equal SHOULD mean equal. Anybody can do the seva, however he should have bathed etc and then sit on the thabia and at least show some respect.

Think of it this way: Will Gurbani CHANGE if a non sikh reads from it and the sangat listens to it?

THE ANSWER IS: NO!

Well then, whats all the fuss about?

if a non-Guru wala is sitting on tabia and reading the teachings of the Guru but not following it as he commits bujjhar kurehits (hair cuttin) whats that? that is HYPOCRISY, hypocrisy is condemend and has no place in Sikhi Guru Nanak Sahib didnt condemn Hindu and Muslim hypocrisy just so his Sikhs could do the same later.

and Namastang wearing jeans, hoodies and using deodrants is not condemed but biparwad IS. joats and coconuts etc. are a violation of panthic maryada. What is Gurmat calander? its defo not bikrami as thats based on hindu mat. dates must be fixed in order to reduce confusion. Westernizing of SIKHI is wrong eg. names like peter, michael, simon, bobby, jonny etc. and so is reading path in romanized, fair enough if you dont know how to read Gurmukhi at first but make the effort to learn it! Sikh means learner but some guys cant even learn their own language. The meaning changes in some cases dramaticaly. no where is christian mat accepted. as for Sceintific matt there are scientific truths in Gurbani but alot more truths which sceince is yet to realise. But Sikhi is alot more than sceince thuth aswell. In conclusion Westernizing and Hindufieng (if thats even word) of Sikhi are both wrong!

if a non-Guru wala is sitting on tabia and reading the teachings of the Guru but not following it as he commits bujjhar kurehits (hair cuttin) whats that? that is HYPOCRISY, hypocrisy is condemend and has no place in Sikhi Guru Nanak Sahib didnt condemn Hindu and Muslim hypocrisy just so his Sikhs could do the same later.

and Namastang wearing jeans, hoodies and using deodrants is not condemed but biparwad IS. joats and coconuts etc. are a violation of panthic maryada. What is Gurmat calander? its defo not bikrami as thats based on hindu mat. dates must be fixed in order to reduce confusion. Westernizing of SIKHI is wrong eg. names like peter, michael, simon, bobby, jonny etc. and so is reading path in romanized, fair enough if you dont know how to read Gurmukhi at first but make the effort to learn it! Sikh means learner but some guys cant even learn their own language. The meaning changes in some cases dramaticaly. no where is christian mat accepted. as for Sceintific matt there are scientific truths in Gurbani but alot more truths which sceince is yet to realise. But Sikhi is alot more than sceince thuth aswell. In conclusion Westernizing and Hindufieng (if thats even word) of Sikhi are both wrong!

I agree with the HYPOCRISY but, however my view point is from the sangat point of view and not the reader of the Gurbani, I am saying Gurbani is Gurbani, but I also know where you are coming from.

How did you make out that having a name like Michael Singh Khalsa, for example is wrong, Does Sikhi say you have to have a Sikh name? I am confused, of course one should have "Singh" in his name and "Kaur" in her name.

What do you mean by romanized?

Depends on what you mean by "Westernising Sikhi"? How far do you like to employ this word or extend it?

The way I see this is that Sikhi is a journey of discovery and we are all at different stages in that journey.

Someone has taken amrit and is in rehat whilst someone else is cutting their kes. But how do we determine or judge whose sharda is greater? That relationship is between the individual and Sri Akal Purakh so how much of a right do we have to obstruct that relationship?