The Genocide Of Sikh Girls By Sikh Families

Prem

Guest Dancing Warrior

We came from the first and most advanced civilisation on earth. Where kings walked away from kingdoms to drink the holy nectar of the lord. Where wealth had no value.

We now have become worse than demons, this is on all of our heads. But who will stand up from our righteous faith and take blame?

We could learn much from Mother Teresa , she devoted her life caring for the lost children of Calcutta. Being a catholic she was against abortion, she often said

“give me your children don’t kill them”

Catholic Missionaries in Punjab who try to help are often demonised with the agenda for conversion. Surly it is better to be a living Catholic than a dead Sikh who was never given a chance.

Mother Teresa, a none Indian , spending her life asking for forgiveness for the parents whilst caring for their children. Without prejudice, judgement, discrimination.

A true saint, if I could I would fall at her feet.

She was a true Sikh without even being one.

No amount of Ardas can change the freewill of our ignorant people.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... Prem virji tht just sucks... since our Gurus said evryone was equal... can i just say that this digusts me... its so evilll... i mean life is not theirs to take ... isnt the indian gov doin anythin abuh this ?

Look I am seriously disgusted with this too but one thing I saw on Alpha Panjabi channel really struck me as true. When asked about this, one girl said that she believed that when women in the Panjab themselves valued daughters as much as sons, the men would automatically follow suit. This especially includes mother in laws.

Jasy

Because of the backwards, stupid, ignorant feudal culture of India and Punjab, in which women are treated as cattle and not viewed as important, and the culture of dowry and all those other things.

all of these things have come together to make Sikhs the biggest group of girl-killers on Earth, and there is general apathy towards the problem amongst us.

Ok stop right there! the people who destory female foetus's are NOT SIKHS they are PUNJABI'S lets get that clear 60% of Punjab is Sikh (how many are practising?) the rest of the population is Hindu (35%). Haryana has a majority hindu population and it too has a high rate of aborting female foetus's. A Sikh does not partake in such henious activities. Why you blaming Sikhs when clearly its against the faith why dont you take a look at the culture over there instead of blaming a faith group. Do you see Sikhs aborting female foetus's in the west? Your a Hindu Punjabi go sort out your own community first then lecture us. The only way to stop this practise is to find out why they do it (the reasons beind it) and the root it out.

What makes these people want boys over girls? Lets explore the cultural environment they live so that we can find out the root causes of why this goes on.

I would say:

* Males in that society are seen as bread winners.

* Poorer families are more likely to indulge in rejection of female foteus.

* Males are seen as physically stong, able to protect the family and livelyhood.

* The inheritance of name and land is always given to the males in the family culturaly.

* Women are seen as mothers, housewives whose roles generally revolve around cooking, and cleaning and bringin up the family. For a girl/woman to go out to work is still seen as a taboo.

* Women/girls in the past and present are prone to sexual hassesment and rape by the enemy (this evil tool has been used many a time in conflicts).

* Honour is seen with the females of the family, if she looses her izzat (honour) then the family is loses its hence the so called honour killings.

* India is a developing nation that needs manual labour, males suit those roles. Once it enters into the service indusry more and becomes industralised. More inter-personal skills are needed hence why now many women are employed to work in that industry. And so you see changing attitudes in relation to women going out to work to earn a living for the family.

List others as you see fit.....

So for many families, in the indian subcontinent, those are just some issues that affect why this evil and disgusting practise goes on. The cultural environment over there is very different from the western world.

why would the government do anything? the govement want panjab to suffer and leave it in such a state that a idea of having it as a seperate country will be far from reality

If you want to do real parchaar, if ever there was arighteous movement that modern Sikhism could define itself for, it is this issue of female foeticide. Blaming the government for not doing enough and saying its because they want to do down Punjab misses the point. STOP BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE FOR THE EVIL AMONGST US AS SIKHS!

Until we take responsibility we will continue to be the worst of the worse. What happens in 20 years time when for every 100 Sikh men there are only 75 Sikh women?

Not even our worst enemy could have constructed such a vile and evil fate!

And we are doing it to ourselves!

Prem,

This is a very serious problem. No one is denying that. Your choice of words and statements are so oddly extreme, that they come across as a hatred for sikhi and sikhs cloaked in a serious social issue of the punjab.

You almost seem to suggest that all Sikhs are complicit in this attitude. Surely this is not what you intend? Or is it?

Given your palpable outrage, (even though it could pass as an attack on sikhi), I would like to know what lead you have personally taken. Which organization are you working with to combat this problem? Perhaps others could support the same organization in raising awareness and dealing with the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow -- this is astonishing! I am being 'accused' of attacking Sikhi and being 'Hindu Punjabi'

Amazing.

If I am passionated about it it's because I don't want to see the Sikh people destroying themselves! Why is that so difficult to understand? How else do you want to talk about this issue?

Do you see Sikhs aborting female foetus's in the west?
YES!!!

Read this

The Western Standard has demonstrated that certain communities in British Columbia and Ontario, with large proportions of immigrants from India and China, are experiencing the same unusual sex ratios seen in those Asian countries. In areas of Brampton, Ont. with large numbers of Indian immigrants, 109 boys were born in 2001 for every 100 girls. This country has likely lost thousands of girls to sex-selection abortion, but hard data is difficult to compile. Alternative explanations, such as increased viral infection among Indian women, simply do not account for the large variations between communities. Anecdotal and statistical evidence shows that sex-selection abortion is the best explanation for the distortion.
Your a Hindu Punjabi go sort out your own community first then lecture us.

No! I am a Sikh!

Guru Fateh