Changing Name

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa; Waheguru ji ki fateh

i want to get amrit soon. but i have a problem. my name!!

my parents didnt keep my name according to naamkaran ceremony.

so.. if my name is mr. x y .. then can i change it to mr. x singh after taking amrit????.. or do i have to go thru namkaran ceremony????

secondly.. if i do have to completely change the name.. then i guess... it wud be hard.. because i have indian passport and i am in canada.. so lots of complacacies thre :)

i dno about changing ur name!?!? grin.gif

Sukha Singh had his named changed when he went to be given Amrit, i 4gt wat it was b4, but i rememba him telling me that he gt his name changed, which was given from the panj pyare!! so tell ur panj pyare and im guessing that they will change ur name!!

and jus to let u kno.........the UK's better than Canada :) :lol::

u will be given new name from the first letter of the hukam namma they take before giving amrit .... or they will tell u to see what the amrit wehla hukamnamma is .... see its first letter and decide the name or they will keep them self .... they will ask u first if u have any suggestion ... if no they will keep it them self ... but u need to tell them first ....

every ones name is changed ... actualy all the people who havent took amrit in sikhism are chand dass dev kumar etc .... no matter they call themself singhs ... but they are not ....

It's all good bro...when i was graced with amrit by panj pyaray I was given the name gurpreet singh. I am in the same situation as you are. Since I am from the Caribbean its harder to get my name changed at this time....You can always change it legally as soon as its possible for you...don't let this be an obstacle in your way...Just let everyone know that you'd like to be called by the name Guru sahibs panj pyaray gives you....