Keertan Tunes

Guest baba amarjeet singh

i was thinking, a lot of people now a days like to try and take out tunes, and play them.

wouldnt it be good if everyone could list the tune they wanted taken out, and those singh's/singhniaa who are good at the vaja could save every body a lot of time, by posting the tunes

:-)

so ill start

could some one please write out the tune for this shabad

http://akj.org/multimedia/Kartarpur/2006/2...1karr005sun.mp3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

well i don't know about writing the tunes but what i would say is just practice your vaja and keep practicing trying to figure out tunes. After a while it should become quite easy (i know that probably sounds ridiculuos, forgive me), and it's better that way because it improves your vaja and everything. Honestly if you just practice you'll start getting tunes on your first go. Do riaj, keep practicing because then you'll get used to the notes and you'll just recognise them a lot easier with vaheguru ji's kirpa.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

sumtyms doh ppl can get out tunes on the Vaja but still find it a bit hard, like with what surra to use n that... but ye! u could try, if still no luck let us know n i'll b more than happy to help u out. n am sure uvas will 2 :TH:

good luck!

Vahiguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahiguroo Ji Ki Fateh!!!!

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!

i would like to help if possible. if you just let me know which note you would like the tune to start from, and which scale you would like to sing it in. im assuming you sing in a male scale, but this would not be the case if your voice hadnt broken or if you have a high pitched singing voice. so what sort of voice do you have (this is important because you should be able to sing the shabad with ease rather than straining your voice to a note which you cannot reach properly). if you could provide us with the answers to these questions, Guru Sahibs Kirpa we may be able to help.

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!

sorry uve completly misunderstood me,

i was trying to make a thread in which ppl hu cudnt play the vaja (as in cant copy tunes, jus strted at the vaja) cud ask others to do it for them

i just posted mine as an example, i dont actaully need any shabad taking out, it was for others, but i guess no1 else needs shabads taking out either so its all good rolleyes.gif

ussually I copy Bhai Niranjan Singh :lol: ....sometimes tho! tongue.gif ......but I never try to copy them 100% tongue.gif ......because u can never sing the shabad as well as manpreet singh or others...even Bibi Kulwinder kaur.....they have a GOOD vocal range :awesome ......

And the worse part is...when you do copy them........I have been asked by people hit.gif ....."who did you copy? :homer ...I think I have HEARD that shabad with that TUNE before" rolleyes.gif ...ussually I will goo>> :lol:

Moral of the story is.....BE ORIGINAL!! tongue.gif .......don't copy others to much until it becomes a habit......well thats what my master jee once told me :)

this is a good thread idea, i really need this sort of thing.

Can someone tell me how to play this http://media.waheguroo.com/Akhand_Keertan/...p_Singh_Jee.mp3

Its only a short track so if any gurmukh could tel us how to play it it would be great, if anything the part i wana kno most is from about 54seconds-1.17 seconds. But the whole tune would be great aswell.

Can someone tell me how to play this http://media.waheguroo.com/Akhand_Keertan/...p_Singh_Jee.mp3

Its only a short track so if any gurmukh could tel us how to play it it would be great, if anything the part i wana kno most is from about 54seconds-1.17 seconds. But the whole tune would be great aswell.

ohmy.gif Vahegurooo! love this kirtan!!..oh ive gt the same kirtan file, but whiich is longer..thought i'l upload it, but file too big to upload :) , is there any other way?

ohmy.gif Vahegurooo! love this kirtan!!..oh ive gt the same kirtan file, but whiich is longer..thought i'l upload it, but file too big to upload :) , is there any other way?

just post the link from where you got it from and well listen to it