Marriage Material

Guest London_Singhni

Well.. to some ppl looks does matter (to me it did).. Actually to EVERYBODY outer looks play important role unless they really don't care whom they gonna spend rest of their life or not interested in marriage life or comments made by teenagers (under 17) etc.. Some ppl here just try to be smart by saying.. looks doesn't matter blah blah but in reality its all different..

To my sis.. don't worry.. give it a time and don't let those guys hurt your self confidence.. You will find the guy with whom both of your jorrrey will look good.... I know you understand that sikhi comes first and then comes all other stuff... education, social, looks, habits etc... Just keep looking and keep trust on sikhi strong :) Chardi kala and wish you good luck...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another possible solution is for you to find someone who will become a dastaar wearing Singh from the monas, but this is a long shot.

Probably a dumb idea.

Guest gotta think

do you really wanna marry someone, who doesnt want his wife having a dastaar or has issues with you having god given hair?

what type of father will they make to your children, if they fall on such basic gursikh principles

with marriage you really gotta think about it. not just 'oh hes/shes pretty' are their views/beliefs with regards to sikhi similar to your own. you gotta remember there is no divorce in sikhi, you cant 'divorce someones soul' by signing a piece of paper. your in it for the long run. so think, in 5 years when youth has gone and beauty is a ancient memory, is the person your gonna marry be there for you when your old and need a companian to help you wake up in the morning, will they help you follow your rehit, or will they be more likely to disallow you from following guru sahibs path.

and when you die, lets face it, we're all gonna

you gotta answer for your own stuff, cant say he said/she said this

marriage is a big step, cant be made into one of those decisions at the coffee shop 'that muffin looks good'

when its in your tidh it dont matter what it tasted like you gotta live with it

Guest Guest

wjkk wjkf penji

penji dont worry... just keep doing ardas... waheguru ji knowz whtz best for u ...dont loose hope penji

u know this chardikala veerji once told me to alwayz do ardas and ask for the kinda husband i want... i tuk his advice and did some path and ardas for it everyday... and u know wht.. waheguru ji really listened...and did bakshish of a chardikala gursikh.. hes everything i asked for... cant thnk waheguru enough... and yeah i do wear a dastaar penji... quite a big one actually and he luvz it...so dont think all the singhs r like the onez ur talkin about... and i dont even think im tht attractive... waheguruz kirpa penji...

just jaap naam, do ur nitnem, keep rehit, and alwayz do ardas... not just a quick 5 minz ardas but one filled with luv and full devotion... think tht guru gobind singh ji is standing infront of u and actually listening to u... and ask for excatly wht u want ...if its the rite time and in ur bhag.. he will give it to u...'

just have faith penji... its gonna work out.. waheguru ji kirpa karnge... he did on me so why not u... never loose hope penji... think positive and stay in chardikala... dont let these things get u down... ur guru gobind singhz daugther penji... he knowz wht his princess wants and will alwayz want the best for u

be proud my sis and stay in chardikala

luv u penji

"QUOTE(Mindless @ Mar 6 2007, 08:17 AM)

WHY does the fact that they are not 'attractive' have anything to do with it.

Who are 'we' to judge who is 'attractive' and who is not.

Penji, i do not mean to offend, but if they are not accepting you cos of your dastaar, you are basically following exactly what they are doing, by not accepting singhs cos of the way they look, cos they appear to be 'unattracitive'

IVERYONE is BEAUTIFUL, everything is a part of the force, Infact people in KHALSA roop, are REALLY BEAUTIFUL, even if they're an amritdhari cyclopse with no legs.

However, what you are suggesting in your post, seems to be hypocritical.

I am really sorry if i offended you, that was not my intension. and i'm really sorry if i misunderstood and misjudged by what you meant by your post, i'm stupid.

I really hate to say this but for some reason i feel i have to, dont know why.

This is to 'mindless', if you were to have the chance to marry a singh/singhni who is so badly chardhikalaa but has the worst looks ever, do you really think you would marry them? seriously, ask yourself, unless your a proper chardhikalaa person yourself then obviously you wouldn't care what the person looks like, but would you marry someone who has everything spiritually except for the looks?

Its easy to say this, that it's not about the looks, but it's very very hard when your in this position yourself...

Forgive me if i have offended you or anyone else, this isn't an attack on you 'mindless', just wanted you to think about yourself first, if u get what i'm tryin to say. BHUL CHUK MAAF KARNA.

Vaaheguroo "

I agree man, I am not very chardi kala, and I probably could not do it. You have a good point. I think I just expect too much from a Khalsa.

Are they not meant to be beyond all of this? Or atleast trying to be.

the problem comes when we tend to make decisions ourselves. if we just left it upto guruji everything would workout. a sikh must know in their heart that watever happens is for their own good becaue they have given their head to guruji :)

whether at the moment we think that we are getting scrwed, in the long run we will realize guruji does all that and does it for our own good.

qUM krqw krxw mY nwhI jw hau krI n hoeI ]1]

thoo(n) karathaa karanaa mai naahee jaa ho karee n hoee ||1||

You are the Creator Lord; I can do nothing. Even if I try, nothing happens. ||1||

=============================

kbIr JMKu n JMKIAY qumro kihE n hoie ]

kabeer jha(n)kh n jha(n)kheeai thumaro kehiou n hoe ||

Kabeer, do not struggle in stubborn pride; nothing happens just because you say so.

krm krIm ju kir rhy myit n swkY koie ]32]

karam kareem j kar rehae maett n saakai koe ||32||

No one can erase the actions of the Merciful Lord. ||32||

guru kirpa karey pray.gif

if you ask me, i dont understand why anyone should meet anyone else through pictures or whatever. i think people should find each other on their own, not through some pseudo matchmaking service set up by their parents. i also think its wrong to confine yourself to one type of person (whether it be religously, caste, race, etc. etc.) since you could be more happy with someone who doesnet just seem like a good fit, but actually is one.

To deadquoteol.... A Sikh will and should only marry to another Sikh. Defination of Sikh is who follows full rehit meryada. Most of the time match making works perfect if parties (parents) who are involved are understandable, open minded and have better communication with their sons/daughters. I don't encourage ppl to find their partners on their own unless they are really mature (above/mid 20s). Every Case is different and i would encourage of seeking partners who are at same spiritual level. How can a vege sikh (real) marry non-vege sikh (sikh by name)? Thats one example of clash that can happens if one doesn't seek partner at his/her spiritual level.

Guest s1nghn1

Well.. to some ppl looks does matter (to me it did).. Actually to EVERYBODY outer looks play important role unless they really don't care whom they gonna spend rest of their life or not interested in marriage life or comments made by teenagers (under 17) etc.. Some ppl here just try to be smart by saying.. looks doesn't matter blah blah but in reality its all different..'

s1ingh, actually not EVERYBODY as you stated above, feels that outer looks play an important role. Yes, i did care who i was to spend the rest of my life with and i WAS interested in marriage life, and NO i didn't care about comments made by others, Maybe you need to look within yourself. I'm not trying to be smart, looks DO NOT matter. I didn't even know what my fiance looked like for a long time, and i didn't care so i am example to that. Not EVERYBODY is as shallow as you when looks mattered to you (you must be such a sunder singh) it's attitudes such as yourself that make some bibian that have facial hair etc etc hard to get married.So please do not think that you are speaking towards the majority because not EVERYONE shares the same skewed opinion like yourself. Certainly not the people striving for gurmat anyways