Whats The Point?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be honest i do have bollywood thinking when it comes to marriage :lol:

jokinn! but made me laugh when i read it in the singhz post :)

some people like it when their soul mate calls or textz etc. it all depends on ones personality as others have pointed out.

if i sat down to talk about all of my views on marrge etc...umm we be here for a long time!

but here is a thought.

when one gets married...we already know that we will need to make many adjustments. no matter how long u have known the person for..there is always new things to learn about each other. we all dont just stop growing physically/ emotionally/mentally / spiritually after certain age. unless u have grin.gif lol

Its your personal choice...so whatever you want to do is fine by the rest of the community...however all I can say is I am married and am the happiest person on the earth.....its lovely to be married! :)

All this bollywood that everyone is going on about in this forum is just plain ghagha! Of course you have to take an interest in your partner and love the person for what they are, its called taking "responsibilities" if you cant do this, then dont get married.

I should know I am married. You can be spritual and yet loving to your partner! You need some sort of balance in your life or if you want to be locked in your room and think spiritually then thats fine, but excluding yourself to responsibilites is just silly. You can think about sikhi and be spiritual whilst in marriage.

Again its up to you mate, do what ever pleases you.

i agree with 'maha moorakh' Pajee / Bhenjee - if its written in ur Karm then you'll get married NO MATTER WHAT!!!

BUT you better get married Sikh Sangat is only 2% in the world popuulation....we need more baby Singhs and Singhni's - Sikh Dharm wont exist if we dont have Sikh Sangat!!!

Sorry just a really quick reply because I am short of time....

Firstly...NOT all bibia have bollywood thinking. I personally hate bollywood!

I read a book by Randhir Singh ages ago where he was talking about how everthing Vaheguroo Ji has created has been in twos and opposites. Hot/Cold, Day/Night, Happy/Sad, Male/Female etc... So the two are meant for each other and both help each other out.

In Sikhi terms marriage gives you 24/hour sangat. Two souls become one and you both walk Guruji's path. You help each other and make sure the other one does not fall off that Path.

So if you marry someone who puts Guruji first in their life...your sikhi will not become weaker but become stronger!

Simple as. Marriage should be to help each other reach Akal Purakh!

Sorry just a really quick reply because I am short of time....

Firstly...NOT all bibia have bollywood thinking. I personally hate bollywood!

I read a book by Randhir Singh ages ago where he was talking about how everthing Vaheguroo Ji has created has been in twos and opposites. Hot/Cold, Day/Night, Happy/Sad, Male/Female etc... So the two are meant for each other and both help each other out.

In Sikhi terms marriage gives you 24/hour sangat. Two souls become one and you both walk Guruji's path. You help each other and make sure the other one does not fall off that Path.

So if you marry someone who puts Guruji first in their life...your sikhi will not become weaker but become stronger!

Simple as. Marriage should be to help other reach Akal Purakh!

did they is that a question..... i'm not sure?

let me explain myself better...

marriage is a two way thing in evry aspect... love respect trust....

i like my own space.... dont talk to ur wife she think u blanking u out.

i just got problem with society placing so much pressure on people to get married when really some people dont....

i know i don't... been coming in and out of engagements for the last 8 years... be engaged a total of four times... it seems a nice idea from a far.... then when i get engaged i think what the hell i have i done... hate it when my fone rings and they want to talk.... talk about what....

saying things like how are u.... exactly the same as i was yesterday....

but soceity keeps making me get engaged... then i think nah forget it

the fact i'm good looking aint helping the situation... girls keep saying yes to me...