Teenager Needs Help

You should take him to the ghetto area and tell him what if he fall the wrong route in life. get him involve with a hobby or sports. ask around of ex-addicts and let them talk to him about what happens on the streets. Educate the kid on drugs, sex ect..... there be good kids and bad kids but u can only show them the path.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I need the Sangat’s views on certain issues concerning Sikh youth. What is the best way to approach a young Sikh who is heading down the wrong path? I am talking about a young teenage, Kesdhari Sikh, who is starting get into bad company and doing many things which will ultimately lead to his self-destruction. There is one particular young boy that I know who admitted to me that he wants to be a drug dealer when he gets older. He also admitted to me that he loves rap music and all his friends drink and do drugs, although he does not. He is about 13-14 years old. He gets into a lot of fights and always carries a metal bar with him for protection from his enemies. He even said that he almost got stabbed once. I asked him if he could safely walk down the streets of his town, and he said no because if his enemies see him, they will jump him (beat him up). He goes to the local Gurudwara Sikhism classes and I have heard from other students that he is always telling the other kids that he doesn’t care about what is being taught, and that he’ll do whatever he wants, and he even insults some of the other students. But when you see him, you’d think he is the quietest, most shy guy, but when no adults are around he has a very arrogant attitude. His parents are Amritdhari Gursikhs and have no idea what is going on with their son.

Now...I need the advice of someone who knows how to handle this situation. He is at a critical point in his life and I could easily see him getting into carrying guns etc. in the next few years. He told me he likes the lifestyle of drug dealers and the money they make. I asked him if its worth having no freedom in life, and always looking over your shoulder, or ending up dead like so many other young Punjabi boys? He didn’t really care about the consequences. The weird thing is that he told me everything about himself so openly, knowing very well that I could easily tell his parents. Why would he do this? Is it a cry for help, or was he telling me because he was trying to show how cool he is? I told him about my past, and that before I took Amrit, I was going down the same path, and I barely got out of that lifestyle, while many of my ex-friends are still caught in that life. I think one of the reasons he opened up so much, could be because I told him about my past, and how I used to get into fights etc., and had bad sangat, and he started to feel that I really do understand whats going on, and that I’m not just some adult telling him what to do, who doesn’t even know what the youth is going through.

So what do you guys think I should do about this ‘child’. I know I am going to tell his parents everything because they have a right to know. But how can we help him improve his life for the better? Thanks

IK ONG KAR SATGUR PARSAD!!

He is what he is because of his- so called bad company.

We as humans, have the ability to psyche ourselves into something and out of something. This kid seems to have psyched himself such that he mentally relates to his COMPANY.

First of all.. his true friends should understand that he is into a problem and instead of shunning him on wotevah pretext, they need to be around him most of his free time so that gradually he begins to relate with his good company and eventually change. I suggest friends to be around him more because every one at this age get influenced by his friends n peers more than relatives.

This change may occur only gradually.

---

Bhul chuk maaf karnee ji!!

if his parents dont see it then ur gna have a hard job, end of the day its upto them......... you cant change someone , its his bad luck that he cant he right from wrong, maybe hes loving the attention, and when he doesnt get it he will come home.............. theres countless people out there like this, you have given him the opportunity now its upto him what hes wants to do........... the guru will do kirpa becos of your ardasa but maybe he has to learn his mistakes , only time will tell