Sikh Militant Leader Chauhan Dies Of Heart Attack At 80

just a question...

what kind of leader declares a separate nation

..chauhan did not declare khalistam, Khalistan was diclared by sarbat khalsa in 1986 from akal thakt in amistsar.

..real khalistani are still hidden (dont been fooled)

..a writer has written A hindu know before a storm is about to rise , a muslim sees it coming & a sikh know when the storm has passed.

..we had so many khalistani leaders,as there were & are so many , its quite difficult to know who is the goverenment agent & who is panthic.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never could really figure out which of these "khalistani leaders" are legit....cause if we look at the plight of real khalistani singhs, just supporting khalistan got them and their whole families eliminated. so i have a little test of my own when it comes to these things:

1) if you see an amritdhari sikh in india with any kind of assault weapon, AK-47, rifle, rocket launcher(like some so called "nihungs" in India) walking around freely flashing their weapons in public, they are most likely gov't tutoos, cause real sikhs can't have weapons in india. real sikhs with weapons in india are tortured and made to disappear.

2) If self-proclaimed khalistani leaders from foreign countries(USA Canada, etc etc)freely and easily visit India, most likely they are gov't tutoos. cause an innocent singhs from england, etc get arrested for years and tortured when visiting india, for just talking about human rights.

3) If a person demands khalistan and is seen with a tilak on his head, a la Akali party members, they are chandus as well.

4) If a person makes a fiery speech at gurdwara about khalistan and then takes the sangat's money never to be heard from again, they may be gov't tutoos.

5) If a person who demands khalistan and the destruction of India along with the murder of hindus, they are most likely gov't tutoos or psychos.

Just a few rules of mine I thought I'd share.

as for Chohan, i never knew the guy, never really studied up on him, don't know much. Would need more info before putting him up their with mahaan khalistanis such as bhai jinda and sukha..........

peace.

I tottaly agree d_oh.gif

Hoshiarpur, April 6

Dr Jagjit Singh Chohan, a Khalistan ideologue, was cremated at the back of Chohan Charitable Clinic in Tanda, 32 km from here, today. Rupinder Singh, his adopted son, Jorawar Singh Chohan, his nephew, and Mukhtiar Singh, his brother-in-law, jointly lit the pyre.

Hundreds of his admirers, supporters and associates, including various luminaries of the Sikh panth and SAD factions, attended the funeral.

The body of Dr Chohan was brought to his residence at 8.30 am today to let people have the last glimpse of Dr Chohan.

Jagmohan Singh Toni, Gurcharan Singh Lohara, both general secretaries of the SAD (Amritsar), Daljit Singh Bittu, senior vice-president of the SAD (Amritsar), Harcharanjit Singh Dhami and Kanwar Pal Singh Bittu, both senior leaders of the Dal Khalsa, and Bhai Ram Singh, carried placards with “Khalistan Zindabad” written on them in English.

Sunnybondsingh wrote "all succsesses under Labh Singh's command where Chauhan's" .. lol.

Chauhan never did anything for the panth, just made a so called embassy in London and what exactly did he achieve. Just sat in UK, while innocents got slautered in punjab.

Never did any parchar, just said we want khalistan, we'll we aint going to get it sitting london.. lol..

And forgive me.. I thought the successes General Labh Singh had, were due to the dedication of the shaheeds who gave their life?!

And not many ppl in UK mourn Chauhan.

All movements require political activism. To try and discredit Dr Chohan because he campaigned for Khalistan in the UK during the 1980's is nonsense. Lobbying on behalf of Khalistan outside of India was just as important as any campaign on the ground in Punjab was for Khalistan to be accepted as a legitimate struggle of the Sikhs among the international community. All such movements have a combination of armed factions and political and diplomatic initiatives. Some movements have organisations which have both armed and political wings under a central leadership while others have separate but linked militant and political groups. Dr Chohan's UK based Council of Khalistan may have been independent from any organisation in Punjab but no doubt he had conncections and aided them as far as he could. He did alot for promoting Khalistan while in the UK and had been charged with "sedition" in India on at least 3 different occasions since 2005 for promoting Khalistan publicly.

If support for Khalistan hasnt gained many supporters in Punjab anymore, that is no fault of people like Dr Chohan. That is the people themselves who have collectively lost the will to identify themselves as a sovereign nation.

The political leadership in Kashmir and of their freedom struggle is as corrupted, directionless and as divided as Punjab's Sikh leadership is. But the Kashmiri people have not lost their will to be a sovereign people. Can the same be said about the Sikhs of Punjab?

Fathe

As with many Sikh leaders, people seem to find it easy to sit behind a computer and critique the leader, without (from my general experiences) having done a great deal themselves. Some people you will never make happy, if a leader doesn’t support Khalistan he is a traitor, if he does support Khalistan, for one reason or another which comes into existence he is also a traitor, or at least not a good leader.

Also "jss" it seems fairly obvious to me that you do not have a favorable opinion of Chauhan, and therefore you are simply trying to bring him down with your "questions". Could you please let the sangat here know exactly how you have helped the people of Punjab? In terms of recent events, I know that he had set up a medical clinic to help the poor and needy. Finally as common sense suggests you may have had these questions, but in my opinion, it isn’t appropriate to ask questions in such close proximity to someone’s death. An no, not all great leaders lead there troops into battle, in military strategy there is something called command and control, something you cant do if your leadership ranks are killed in every encounter.

As DKI has pointed out, Taran seems to have a limited scope in relation to political science; symbolism (i.e. the embassies) is a very important factor of a movement. And as I recall Chauhan did not just "sit in London" and yes successes and achievement in the Panth are un-questionably due to Shaheeds but that does not imply people who are still alive haven’t achieved anything.

Claims such as "And not many ppl in UK mourn Chauhan" also need to be substantiated, please let us know how you know this is the truth, have you carried out a survey and if so what statistical methods did you use to select your sample size. Did you select it from one geographical location, or judging from your statement, I think it is fair to assume you traveled up and down the country asking people.

What I am trying to get at is that we can sit around comfortably and criticise every single person, but we don’t tend to look at our own weaknesses. From my experiences, very few people who criticise have done much themselves but are happy creating further problems and rifts. I will be the first to say that Chauhan may have not been a 100% perfect leader, but we should be happy with the fact that he did what he could, gave up his livelihood and kept on campaigning to the end. For those of you who feel as though he could have done more, no one is stopping you from doing something with your own hands, so feel free to go forward and improve the Panth. While I consider myself to do very little, I do not bring down those that have done something, and am always on the lookout to contribute in any way possible I can. Stop criticising and start working together, no one will do everything perfectly.