InterFaith Religious Conference

Gurmukh

The Muslim community is hosting an Interfaith Conference on Thursday, January 22, 2004 at the University of British Columbia, Canada. It will take place in the Hebb Theatre from 6:30 – 10 p.m. The event will feature speakers from 6 different religions speaking on the concept of God according to their religion.

Here is a list of the speakers:

Buddhism – Rev. Orai Fujikawa (Bishop of Buddhist Churches of Canada)

Hinduism – Mr. Prameya Chaitainya (Doc. Of Philosophy)

Judaism – Rabbi Philip L. Bregman (B.A. & M.S.W.)

Islam – Mukhtar Cheema

Christianity – Justin Newman (Director of Religious Studies – Van. College)

Sikhism – Parminder Singh (Gurmat Studies Foundation & Guru Nanak Academy)

Individuals from all faiths are invited to come out and learn about the various faiths.

please correct me if i m wrong.

hasn't hinduism proven buddhism wrong; and christianity proven hinduism and judaism wrong; and islam has proven christianity wrong; and islam has proven itself wrong.

so the only one who is true and hasn't been proven wrong is sikhi.

Guest Akaal108

Guroo nanak sahib nirankar never called islam or hinduism false but called false some of the pratices that they do.

If you want to be good muslim, be good muslim, if you are good hindu, be a good hindu...isnt that said by guroo ji himself??

And look what you guys doing..... you guys are doin nothing but havin false pride .. its our way or no way...these false pride of yourself will be shattered into pieces by guroo maharaj himself... have some tolerance guys... this way you are doing nothing but pushing yourself into "wahabism".

Guroo nanak sahib nirankar never called islam or hinduism false but called false some of the pratices that they do.

If you want to be good muslim, be good muslim, if you are good hindu, be a good hindu...isnt that said by guroo ji himself??

And look what you guys doing..... you guys are doin nothing but havin false pride .. its our way or no way...these false pride of yourself will be shattered into pieces by guroo maharaj himself... have some tolerance guys... this way you are doing nothing but pushing yourself into "wahabism".

i agree they have 2 much pride..

all will be gone

LOL rolleyes.gif

These types of events are usually held by muslims to seek converts, they do them here in Toronto as well. Although people realize the essence of God, and his virtues, its mainly to attract people towards islam.

Islam – Mukhtar Cheema

That's a punjabi dude I beleive! ;)

I agree that these events may be held by Muslims to seek converts, but the Sikh religion is being represented by Parminder Singh who is a great speaker.

There was a similar event a few months back and it back fired on the Muslims as the Sikhism speach was the best. Many christians and Muslims were surprised with Parminder Singh's speach.

You can listen to the speaches at www.gurmatstudies.com website.

Even if they are trying to seek converts, the best way to fight back is by attending these conferences and showing a strong presence of Sikh youth. If we don't even attend these events or send good speakers to these events, then we are only making it easier for the Muslims to convert more Sikhs to Islam.

I agree 100%!!!

The conference held here in Toronto, a Gora singh "Gurfateh Singh Khalsa" was the speaker for Sikhi, and to me his speech made the most common sense, and also to alot of people.

No-matter what Sikhi will always prevail at the end due to its beauty, simplicity, and plain understanding.

ONE BIG BENTI TO THE SEWADARS!!! PLEASE HAVE SOME LITERATURE ON SIKHI, AND ABOUT THE BASIC CONCEPTS OF IT FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE HOME AND READ!!

We lacked this and alot of people came to our desk but we ran out very fast.

So please if you guys can have some books there for sale or just for spreading sikhi that'll be wickedd

I agree 100%!!!

The conference held here in Toronto, a Gora singh "Gurfateh Singh Khalsa" was the speaker for Sikhi, and to me his speech made the most common sense, and also to alot of people.

No-matter what Sikhi will always prevail at the end due to its beauty, simplicity, and plain understanding.

ONE BIG BENTI TO THE SEWADARS!!! PLEASE HAVE SOME LITERATURE ON SIKHI, AND ABOUT THE BASIC CONCEPTS OF IT FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE HOME AND READ!!

We lacked this and alot of people came to our desk but we ran out very fast.

So please if you guys can have some books there for sale or just for spreading sikhi that'll be wickedd

Yea I went to this UBC conference and everyone showed most love for sikhism here too! grin.gif