Divide & Rule

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

My Brothers & Sisters,

Divide & Rule is an age old system created & used by certain groups in society to undermine the developments of another.

Wiki defines Divide & Rule as follows:

"In politics and sociology, divide and rule (also known as divide and conquer) is a combination political, military and economic strategy of gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. In reality, it often refers to a strategy where small power groups are prevented from linking up and becoming more powerful, since it is difficult to break up existing power structures".

The reason for this post is to make a humble request to all the Guru Piyari Sangat on this forum, to not fall into the trap of constantly Slandering other people within the Panth just because they believe in a different way of doing things. This mind set is not Gurmat and ultimately keeps you spiritually away from Guru Ji. If you think about this carefully, the ones who want to destroy Sikhi will have achieved their Goal without any direct attack if you continue in this negative manner. N.B. I’m not in any way suggesting that you should stop making a stand against attacks on Sikhi (from internal forces) all I am saying is to consider how you conduct yourself in making this stand & if it is within the guidelines set by Guru Sahib.

One of the uniquely Beautiful things about Sikhi is that we believe & advocate "Nanak naam chardi kala ther bahnae sarbaht da bhala" (Blessings for All, even non Sikhs). With this in mind, anytime you are posting a topic, comment or reply think about the reason you are doing it very carefully and please consider the collective sangats (Sikh & Non-Sikhs) feelings in the content of that message.

I have recently noticed that certain individuals are continuingly posting derogatory comments just to get a reaction out of others (Divide & Rule!) & then sit back rubbing their hands at the Thamasha they have created (They know who they are). I fully believe that it is your right as a Sikh to question these certain individuals, their motives & also why they are conducting in these games, but think that the way in which you conveying that message would have more impact if it was done in a decent manner which does not compromise you & your Gursikhi.

Contemplate this example, a Muslim gentleman, with full facial Beard (Mr X) is approached by a police officer and questioned about an incident on a near by street. Mr X has nothing to do with this incident so takes the questioning as very offensive & as a direct insult. He feels that the only reason the officer has approached him is because he’s Muslim & starts to take an aggressive tone with the officer to correct his ignorance. However the Police officer feels that he is well within his right to question the gentleman, so hence a stand off pursues. Mr X is arrested & taken to the local police station, where he is met by a solicitor. In the interview room the Solicitor begins to advised the police officer (in that Calm & Collected, way that Solicitors do) as to why Mr X, took offence to the questioning and how he should possibly approach similar situations in future. Mr X is released without charge and advised to in future convey his message in a decent manner. Moral of the story, think before you act as once you have done it, you cannot take it back!

Just me thinking out loud………

GooD PosT :TH: :TH:

I have recently noticed that certain individuals are continuingly posting derogatory comments just to get a reaction out of others (Divide & Rule!) & then sit back rubbing their hands at the Thamasha they have created (They know who they are).

Let these certain individuals do what they want. i would want to make a further request to ignore their posts :@ . When we don't respond to em, they'll walkout feeling miserable. Kutte ta bhonk de hi rehnde aa, uhna nu koi ni puchda.

I Have Bumped this post because I feel that it a joke that it has only had 185 views with 4 comments where as a topic titled Hi5 can get 1759 views with 45 comments (Maybe, I should have titled it Singhs declare a revolution with a set of Chop Sticks :@ ).

:umm: :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :| :lol:

Come on Khalsa Ji, wake up and smell the Cha. This topic highlights some of the reasons why the Panth is in the State that it is.

My Brothers & Sisters,

Divide & Rule is an age old system created & used by certain groups in society to undermine the developments of another.

Wiki defines Divide & Rule as follows:

"In politics and sociology, divide and rule (also known as divide and conquer) is a combination political, military and economic strategy of gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. In reality, it often refers to a strategy where small power groups are prevented from linking up and becoming more powerful, since it is difficult to break up existing power structures".

The reason for this post is to make a humble request to all the Guru Piyari Sangat on this forum, to not fall into the trap of constantly Slandering other people within the Panth just because they believe in a different way of doing things. This mind set is not Gurmat and ultimately keeps you spiritually away from Guru Ji. If you think about this carefully, the ones who want to destroy Sikhi will have achieved their Goal without any direct attack if you continue in this negative manner. N.B. I’m not in any way suggesting that you should stop making a stand against attacks on Sikhi (from internal forces) all I am saying is to consider how you conduct yourself in making this stand & if it is within the guidelines set by Guru Sahib.

One of the uniquely Beautiful things about Sikhi is that we believe & advocate "Nanak naam chardi kala ther bahnae sarbaht da bhala" (Blessings for All, even non Sikhs). With this in mind, anytime you are posting a topic, comment or reply think about the reason you are doing it very carefully and please consider the collective sangats (Sikh & Non-Sikhs) feelings in the content of that message.

I have recently noticed that certain individuals are continuingly posting derogatory comments just to get a reaction out of others (Divide & Rule!) & then sit back rubbing their hands at the Thamasha they have created (They know who they are). I fully believe that it is your right as a Sikh to question these certain individuals, their motives & also why they are conducting in these games, but think that the way in which you conveying that message would have more impact if it was done in a decent manner which does not compromise you & your Gursikhi.

Contemplate this example, a Muslim gentleman, with full facial Beard (Mr X) is approached by a police officer and questioned about an incident on a near by street. Mr X has nothing to do with this incident so takes the questioning as very offensive & as a direct insult. He feels that the only reason the officer has approached him is because he’s Muslim & starts to take an aggressive tone with the officer to correct his ignorance. However the Police officer feels that he is well within his right to question the gentleman, so hence a stand off pursues. Mr X is arrested & taken to the local police station, where he is met by a solicitor. In the interview room the Solicitor begins to advised the police officer (in that Calm & Collected, way that Solicitors do) as to why Mr X, took offence to the questioning and how he should possibly approach similar situations in future. Mr X is released without charge and advised to in future convey his message in a decent manner. Moral of the story, think before you act as once you have done it, you cannot take it back!

Just me thinking out loud………

Kutte ta bhonk de hi rehnde aa, uhna nu koi ni puchda.

Veer Shaheed Singh Khalsa Ji,

This post is very inspiring and is something for everyone to learn from. Very good post, you pretty much summed up the current state of affairs.

Once again great posts, very inspiring!

good post. not much else to add really, i think prabhjoyt singh said it all :@

if people like me were to be more humble and understanding when posting on this forum, other users may post more, and give their opinions. if people were nicer to each other on the whole, some people may not be afraid to say something even though it might be 'wrong', or they don't understand something fully, which can then be explained to them.

but as i said before ideally you just want people to do the basics of sikhi, nitnem and rehit. but when there is debate, or doubt, or differentiation as to what the basics are then it becomes a very difficult situation my friends.

if people won't agree simply out of faith and they don't show the logic to figure out what's right and wrong and manmut takes over then they divide themselves.

Also certain issues are not allowed to be discussed on this forum and when they are discussed, occasionally, those who will not debate and will only argue that they are correct, there is no point in trying to reason with them and this happens everywhere. so even if you provide concrete proof they will still refute(been tryin to get that word in all day for some reason :umm: @ ) it and division still exists because of manmat. forgive me .. but until we say that we know nothing and therefore we can only learn and until we become humble, understanding and prepared to talk and debate rather than argue divide will exist.

forgive me if i've said anything wrong vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh.