Homeopathic Medicine Contains Alcohol?

In chemistry I am stuudying alcohols. You get different types of alcohol. The one your talking about which is used in medicine is fine to have. You can also get alcohol in margerine as well.

If you want to follow Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh's example, he never took any medicine. He just did lots of simran and recited gurbani.

NAAM = The greatest medicine ever available in the whole universe.

Ones good health comes first, then is the spiritual wellbeing... and i personally don't like alternative medicines as they only relieve symptoms instead of "actually" making you better..

I recently purchased a bottle of lycopodium homeopathic medicine, and notoced that it said 87% alcohol on the box. I asked the Dr. and he said its a different type of alcohol (ethanol based), and that it is totally ok for Amritdharis to take it. He said it doesn't have the intoxicating effects of alcohol, and all medicine contais this type of alcohol. I was wodering if anyone could shed some light on this?

Ethanol-based? <admin-profanity filter activated> Ethanol = the alcohol in alcoholic beverages.

but it's better than methanol.

i don't think taking medicines with little bit of ".......ol's" would harm...but if u don't want to take that...then we should opt for desi medicines... i don't think that desi medicines contain alcohols...

actually, i m also confused...as long as it does not harm's our body, mind and soul..its alright..but alcohol is alcohol...please enlighten me...i m too confused about it...

There are a lot of different chemicals which are part of the "alcohol" category of chemistry. Basically an alcohol is a chemical substance which contains a hydroxide group at the end. So not all alcohols are liquor and intoxicating. Liquor is made from fermentation process, all other chemical "alcohols" are ok.

examples of alcohols:

ethanol

methanol

propanol

butanol

cyclohexanol

and list goes on.....

You could look at other alternative medicine such as aromatherapy, which uses the essence of plants, or naturopathy, which uses mainly diet (what you eat) and supplements. You could make a search for whatever you have and natural medicine