Surrey Bc Vaisakhi News On Cbc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAAHIGURROOO!!

Bhai Sahib! please think before u say things like that...learn more about these amazing Gursikh Jathebandees before u say we shouldnt promote them...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

The thing is irrespective of their beliefs and goals, many which I agree with, there have been questionable actions which have earned them the label of a terrorist organization. In Canada, that designation doesn't come easily or without significant cause...

Point being, Nagar keertans are the way that the sikh community, especially with Surrey which arguable is MORE sikh than the other ones, to showcase sikhism to the people. It draws cameras, media coverage, people come out of their houses to see and watch and wonder. We use it as a tool to educate, enlighten, and inform others about sikhism. When people go out and see guns and pictures of people in the paper and then go back to the news and see relationships with terrorist organizations, it doesn't bode well for us.

I agree with you somewhat, but what i'm saying is that a nagar keertan is to showcase our image, and we MUST try to keep that as positive as possible.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

VAAHIGURROOO!!

Bhai Sahib! please think before u say things like that...learn more about these amazing Gursikh Jathebandees before u say we shouldnt promote them...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

The thing is irrespective of their beliefs and goals, many which I agree with, there have been questionable actions which have earned them the label of a terrorist organization. In Canada, that designation doesn't come easily or without significant cause...

Point being, Nagar keertans are the way that the sikh community, especially with Surrey which arguable is MORE sikh than the other ones, to showcase sikhism to the people. It draws cameras, media coverage, people come out of their houses to see and watch and wonder. We use it as a tool to educate, enlighten, and inform others about sikhism. When people go out and see guns and pictures of people in the paper and then go back to the news and see relationships with terrorist organizations, it doesn't bode well for us.

I agree with you somewhat, but what i'm saying is that a nagar keertan is to showcase our image, and we MUST try to keep that as positive as possible.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, the evidence used to ban babbar khalsa was based upon two cases. One was the air India case in Canada, and the other was Bhai Balbir Singh Case in India/UK.

The Air India Singh have been found innocent. Even the indian judge in Inida said the case against Bablir singh was a "balloon of falsehoods".

Basically BKI was banned because of its reputation and past seva. It commited no criminal acts in UK or Canada.

Youth need to come together and work on a case to lift the ban on BKI and ISYF. They do not operate like terrorist muslim organisations.

I guess i do agree with u 'somewhat' as well....this is our chance to educate people and teach them about sikhi....but that does NOT mean we should abandon our Shaheeds....I think we should use this oppurtunity to teach others about the atrocities India has commited and teach ppl about what the Singhs stood for and their ideals...

Alot of people say we shouldnt have pictures of recent Shaheeds all over the place i.e Langar Hall, Nagar keertans....but why not? these are our shaheeds, we should be proud of them, not ashamed and embaraassed....we can BRAG about these shaheeds...no one in history can ever parallel Gursikh Shaheedss!! It is times like Vaisakhi, when Sikhs from everywhere get together, that we should talk about these Shaheeds...they were part of a struggle, which although dormant, is not over...the strugglee will continue!

JUST showing pictures of them, with their mutilated bodies, is acutally a disgrace to their immense seva. provide some explanation/pamphalets to explain what happened.

its sad we dont use nagar kirtan as a medium of parchaar when we have ALL the resources, we have the MEDIA, we use it to just show not explain what sikhi is and what sikhs have gone through. EXPLAIN damit dont just show.

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

RESPECT FOR SINGHS IN THE BABBAR KHALSA AND INTERNATIONAL SIKH YOUTH FEDERATION!!

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

THE KURBANI THESE GURSIKHS GAVE FOR THE PANTH IS AMAZING AND THEY SHOULD BE REMEMBERED. IF WERE NOT GOING TO REMEMBER THEM, WHO ELSE IS. IF WE FORGET THEM NOW AND DON'T REMEMBER THEM, THEY WILL BE LONG FORGOTEN BY THE FUTUTURE GENERATION TO COME.

JUST showing pictures of them, with their mutilated bodies, is acutally a disgrace to their immense seva. provide some explanation/pamphalets to explain what happened.

its sad we dont use nagar kirtan as a medium of parchaar when we have ALL the resources, we have the MEDIA, we use it to just show not explain what sikhi is and what sikhs have gone through. EXPLAIN damit dont just show.

I dont normally type in caps but this time- yes i will. Spreading some explanation, jevan sakhi and pamphalets is MUST NEEDED

RESPECT FOR SINGHS IN THE BABBAR KHALSA AND INTERNATIONAL SIKH YOUTH FEDERATION!!

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

THE KURBANI THESE GURSIKHS GAVE FOR THE PANTH IS AMAZING AND THEY SHOULD BE REMEMBERED. IF WERE NOT GOING TO REMEMBER THEM, WHO ELSE IS. IF WE FORGET THEM NOW AND DON'T REMEMBER THEM, THEY WILL BE LONG FORGOTEN BY THE FUTUTURE GENERATION TO COME.

is that same chardi-kalah panthic sevadar- ISYF members you are talking about:

fwd to 3 minute- http://media.cbc.ca:8080/ramgen/cbc.ca/new...wski_030909b.rm

RESPECT FOR SINGHS IN THE BABBAR KHALSA AND INTERNATIONAL SIKH YOUTH FEDERATION
i hope this federatin you talking about isn't the same one that we have here. cause the people here that are part of it are no good nonono.gif