Issues Effecting The Way I Do Nitnem

JustME

im having serious problems keep up my nitnem cos of my back............i had surgery a few years back and since then i have developed an isse with my posture, cos i had 84 stitches across my tummy, i always used to sit with a "hunch-back" and now this has developsed into my natural position, hoever when im doing nitnem, i back litterly gives out after about 45 minutes to an hour, i've tried propping my back up against a wall with pillows etc but nuffin seems to be working..........

ive also tried correctingmy posture by sitting with a straight back as much as possible but my back gives out..................

Also im currently taking some medication that is making me VEEEEEEEERY lethargic (extreme tirdness) and sometimes i need to lie down when doing my nitnem........its driving me mad cos i cant concentrate properly and become irratable and i dont wanna be feeling like thhis when do my path...........i tired having cold ishaan but that hasnt helped.................im in the routine of getting up and have tried adjusting my sleeping patterns but my nitnem is being affected cos of all this

Has anyone in the sangat had this problem and how did they overcome it? i would realy appreciate any suggestions

Id look at my diet and try to start up some sanjam kriya waryam / yoga

my diet terrible i must admit cos a physically cant eat too much cos i got a dodgy tummy lining, what kind of things will help in my situation.........?

i have thought about yoga but simply do not have the time, are there any simple exercises i could do help my back......? im abit worried cos at first you couldnt notice but now my back going abit funny and it hurts when itry a sit up straight.......... :@

bhul chuck maaf and thank u

JustME

xx

Guest Guest

The longer you leave the condition the more chance there is you having problems in the future. The art behind yoga / stretching / sanjam kriya is sehaj and not pushing your body beyond its limits, slowly build into it and take your time, you will only see improvements. You only require a couple of minutes of stretching / exercise to improve your posture and health, im sure you could take out 15 minutes of each day to do this. Where are you based? I could refer you to a class that you could pick up standard asans and practise them at home.

Have you been to a doctor with regards to your diet and lethargy? If your not eating right you may have loads of vitamin deficiencies, and from your tiredness you could be suffering from anaemia due to a lack of iron. I’m not a doctor so you should get yourself checked out.

The issue with most people in our community is the lack of physical health, people stuff their mouths with all the wrong nutrients leading to illnesses such as diabetes and high cholesterol. The path of spirituality requires balance of the mind body and soul, if your body is out of sync then your mind will wonder, and therefore less progress for your soul. The body is your temple, look after it.

The longer you leave the condition the more chance there is you having problems in the future. The art behind yoga / stretching / sanjam kriya is sehaj and not pushing your body beyond its limits, slowly build into it and take your time, you will only see improvements. You only require a couple of minutes of stretching / exercise to improve your posture and health, im sure you could take out 15 minutes of each day to do this. Where are you based? I could refer you to a class that you could pick up standard asans and practise them at home.

Have you been to a doctor with regards to your diet and lethargy? If your not eating right you may have loads of vitamin deficiencies, and from your tiredness you could be suffering from anaemia due to a lack of iron. I’m not a doctor so you should get yourself checked out.

The issue with most people in our community is the lack of physical health, people stuff their mouths with all the wrong nutrients leading to illnesses such as diabetes and high cholesterol. The path of spirituality requires balance of the mind body and soul, if your body is out of sync then your mind will wonder, and therefore less progress for your soul. The body is your temple, look after it.

Id look at my diet and try to start up some sanjam kriya waryam / yoga

my diet terrible i must admit cos a physically cant eat too much cos i got a dodgy tummy lining, what kind of things will help in my situation.........?

i have thought about yoga but simply do not have the time, are there any simple exercises i could do help my back......? im abit worried cos at first you couldnt notice but now my back going abit funny and it hurts when itry a sit up straight.......... :@

bhul chuck maaf and thank u

JustME

xx

i think yoga will take the same amount of time as it would for the excerises, alot of people think yoga involves ALOT of time and benifits dont come until after alot of practice. but people start to feel the difference in things from the first time they do it....................

if you cant eat too much how about eating more smaller portions, but more often.....also make sure you are getting all your vitamins, maybe the doc can help prescibe vitamins until you correct your diet. if your back gives in why dont you after each paath, like japji sahib , take a min to stand up and stretch and then continue............. stretching can make you flexible, and if you see a physician , they may tell you the right stretches to do and then make your back muscles stronger.

i know i dont know how to help you but thats what i would have done ..........

main thing is , be strong and dont give up , have faith only in the guru

yeah i spoke to my doctor about the tiredness but as long as im on this medication i gonna be tired................with regards to me back i did have pysiotherapy but it too strenuos and the lady wasnt realy helping me.............

i dont mind taking up yoga, im from the uk, wolverhampton to be specific, i found a few classes but goreh do em and its more pilates and they put this smelly thuuf and candels everwhere and it was more breating stuff and i nearly threw up cos it smelled that bad...................

i gotta asmit im not too keen on vitamin tablets cos im already taking 13 tablets a day and i cant pysically take any more..................i just start throwing up...............

i wanna eat more heathly and im working on that but veerjee ur rite my body fetel out of sync wid my mind............................i feel "chemically" unbalanced cos i take so much meds and if yoga will help then i dnt mind taking it up..................but where would i go in wolves cos i dont realy know that many places...........

thank you for all ur help and suggestions

bhul chuck maaf

JustME

xx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

hmm couldn't you lie down and listen to your nitnem in full attention with eyes open (NOT SLEEPING OR RESTING), on an ipod or mp3 player or whatever?