This is my .................

smartsingh24

grin.gif wohhoooo i just ordered a Sony Viao Laptop and got a digital camera with it. It all cost me about £1900 thats like $2850 ;)

On a plus side the camera on its own costs £400

The Laptop

3F89CE23E9A70064000000002BC29B8F.jpg

Operating system Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

Microprocessor Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 2.8 GHz

Microprocessor speed 2.8 GHz

Language version English

Main usage Home

Weight range (Kg) 3Kg+

Standard memory (MB) 512

Memory specifications DDR-SDRAM on-board (1 x 512 MB / max. 1GB with 2 x 512 MB)

Cache memory (L2 - KB) 512

Hard disk drive capacity (GB) 80

Optical drive specifications Write: DVD±RW 1x, CD-RW 8x, Read: DVD-ROM: 5x max.

Floppy disc drive Not Supplied

Floppy disk drive Optional (PCGA-UFD5)

Display size 16.1" (40.9 cm)

Laptop Screen Resolution TFT colour display 1400 x 1050 SXGA+, Onyx Black

Graphics chipset NVIDIA® GEFORCE™ FX GO5600

Graphics memory 64

Multimedia Speakers

Speaker Built-in stereo speakers

Interfaces VGA connector for monitor;i.LINK (IEEE1394), 400 Mbps;3 x USB 2.0 (High/Full/Low-speed);Headphone Jack;TV out;DC-In;Memory Stick™ Slot (MS Pro compatible);Port replicator port;Microphone Jack;Parallel port

Modem Built-in modem V.

92, K56 flex, Fax / Modem

PC card slots 1x Type III 2 x Type II, I PCMCIA: Card Bus compatible

Lithium-ion battery PCGA-BP2NX

Battery life 1.5 Hours

Dimensions (W x H x D mm) 357 X 44.8 X 300.3

Approx. Weight (Kg) 3,900

Pre-installed software (Imaging) PictureGear™ Studio 1.0 (Digital image application);Photoshop Elements 2.0 (Image editing software)

Pre-installed software (Movie) Adobe Premiere 6.0 LE (video editing software);QuickTime™ 6.1;Dvgate;Click to DVD™

Pre-installed software (Video) Adobe® Premiere® 6.0 LE (video editing software);DVgate (video/still capture)

Pre-installed software (Music) RealOne Player 6.0;SonicStage® (music storage programme)

Pre-installed software (Utilities) Sony Notebook Set-up (notebook configuration);HotKey Utility 3.0;Acrobat® Reader 5.1 (PDF Reader)

Pre-installed software (Others) Norton Internet Security 2003;Drag n Drop CD+DVD 3.0;Microsoft® Works v.6.0

Supplied accessories Weight saver;Lithium-ion battery;Power Cord;AC adaptor

Bluetooth™ Not Supplied

Bluetooth™ Optional accessory

Wireless LAN Optional WLAN PCMCIA card: C150S

Integrated CCD Camera Motion Eye No

Integrated CCD Camera Motion Eye n/a

Optional docking stations Docking station (PCGA-PRGT1)

Guarantee 1 year (extendable to 3 years with optional Warranty Pack)

The Camera

http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/catalog/3...0002BC29B8F.swf

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grin.gif wohhoooo i just ordered a Sony Viao Laptop and got a digital camera with it. It all cost me about £1900 thats like $2850 :(

We got the same one, except mine is pentium 3 and only 1GHz...

Its a very good laptop! ...jussst as long as your sister doesnt accidently drop it on the floor with the ac adapter cable, and break the inside support of the DC In Connector that keeps the pins in place. Its become awkward to keep the battery charge connection continous- has basicly driven me nuts!! Im gona have to buy this extra external part for it. Its a Docking station, basicly a port replicator...so at least there is a solution. Just ashame its ruined though...mine is about two yrs old but otherwise in good condition ;) sound like a doctor now lol

Good choice jee...

Mine was cheaper than yours tongue.gif but still over a £1000

I got mine from tottenham court road from a shop called Kamla. They gave some extra equipment/gagets with it.

check out sony style equip

Thats a little expensive Amardeep; But its a good machine no doubt.

Although You can get some better machines with that price of money, especially a laptop/tablet PC. Or the mighty apple iBook G4 http://www.apple.com/ibook/

Warrior Princess, If you want to drop your laptop on the Ground, waterproof, there is one brand of Panasonic laptops which are for made for that environment. No matter how much torture they go through they will come out alive as before.

Thats a little expensive Amardeep; But its a good machine no doubt.

Although You can get some better machines with that price of money, especially a laptop/tablet PC. Or the mighty apple iBook G4 http://www.apple.com/ibook/

Warrior Princess, If you want to drop your laptop on the Ground,  waterproof, there is one brand of Panasonic laptops which are for made for that environment. No matter how much torture they go through they will come out alive as before.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Apples make hott computers [the actual thing] but u cant upgrade the system and other problems, and u dotn have all the programs for mac [well the minor ones].....and good choice for the computer, anything with S O N Y on it is amazing

Not quite turbanator veerji. As most labtops themselves aren't normaly upgradeable, they can be just like an ibook. However, an ibook is just harder to do, because your using diffrent chipsets. You could swap out the graphics card easily, but the hard drive and chipset are harder to replace. For starters, you need a hard drive that will fit the chais, and will be able to fit in with all the other pieces. And then there's the chipsets. You can't run regular pentium chipsets, so you have to find the powerpc series chips that motorola manufactures for apple. You can't find them from apple, but many third party sites should sell them. Also, you can run windows programs on a mac, but only with a program called virtual pc. It's basically an emulator that will run Windows XP, Windows 2000, and MS-DOS mode. If you had this, you'd basically have the best of both worlds.

Not quite turbanator veerji. As most labtops themselves aren't normaly upgradeable, they can be just like an ibook. However, an ibook is just harder to do, because your using diffrent chipsets. You could swap out the graphics card easily, but the hard drive and chipset are harder to replace. For starters, you need a hard drive that will fit the chais, and will be able to fit in with all the other pieces. And then there's the chipsets. You can't run regular pentium chipsets, so you have to find the powerpc series chips that motorola manufactures for apple. You can't find them from apple, but many third party sites should sell them. Also, you can run windows programs on a mac, but only with a program called virtual pc. It's basically an emulator that will run Windows XP, Windows 2000, and MS-DOS mode. If you had this, you'd basically have the best of both worlds.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Your the veerji here.....and 2 words: Mah bad ;)

Guest balwinderkaur

amar u are making me jealous....i wanted to get a sony vaio so bad cuz it looks so hip and cool....but oh well my dell baby here is good enough and im growing to love it. *sigh* why does sony have to be so expensive??? ;)