I Was Thinking..............

I was reading on another forum and it got me thinking and what i wanted to know was are sikh women less interested in sikhism these days, not trying to offend women, its what I see these days..................

Huh??? I thought there were more sikh women that are interested in sikhi nowadays. grin.gif

Again jst my personal opinion but i think there is an "image" issue if a guy keeps kesh and beard it is automatically assumed that the is REALY into his Sikhi but if a gal DOESNT Keep kesh it is assummed she dont care about SIKH........................lol

i was at work yday and my colleuge (who is muslim) was interested in knowing if alcahol was ok for sikh to drink cos when he was in uni he goes " i had to sikh guys as mates and even though they kept their beards and kesh they could outdrink anyone on their table" :@ :umm:

so i think before making comments such referring to a single sex.......................we need to understand that it is across all genders that this problem occurs.............

Bhul chuck maaf

Guest Gupt Singhni
Huh??? I thought there were more sikh women that are interested in sikhi nowadays. grin.gif

Again jst my personal opinion but i think there is an "image" issue if a guy keeps kesh and beard it is automatically assumed that the is REALY into his Sikhi but if a gal DOESNT Keep kesh it is assummed she dont care about SIKH........................lol

i was at work yday and my colleuge (who is muslim) was interested in knowing if alcahol was ok for sikh to drink cos when he was in uni he goes " i had to sikh guys as mates and even though they kept their beards and kesh they could outdrink anyone on their table" :@ :umm:

so i think before making comments such referring to a single sex.......................we need to understand that it is across all genders that this problem occurs.............

Bhul chuck maaf

I agree but Guru Ji told us to be externally and internally pure.

I dont want to offend anybody

But nowaday girls are more ambitious, it is okey with it upto a mark

When it relate to the sikhism ???

Read in Sikh Matrimonials

"Looking for a Clean Shaven, Moderate, well settled Sikh guy. A teatotaller !!! Non-vagetarian is okey"

How could it be possible that a "Clean Shaven" can be a "Sikh" also ??? (I dont mean Sahajdharies)

as in the case that a Non vagetarian guy can not be a teatotaller either !!!

^^ virji above.. it is not wrong for girls to be ambitious... We practise equality then why cant girls be bit more ambitious :@

Speakign abt sikh matrimonials, there are loads of adverts from "punjabi" guys too which are not appropriate.

Generally speaking youth nowadays are coming back to the sikhi path, however there's still loads more to do to get the majority to be on guru's path.

^^ virji above.. it is not wrong for girls to be ambitious... We practise equality then why cant girls be bit more ambitious :@

apology, i didnt mean wrong way.

i am in india, reflect scnenes here.

uncle, babaji, bhai saheb, even "Jhadoo" are the words of address for guys with flowing beards.

however, lesser number of lucky guys are also there who bestowed with a gursikh life partner by my mitr pyara - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, i am also one of them.